🌸 Magic Pt. 2 🌸

Silly little art AND the reasoning for this Magic series is by and because of nuggitothehamster so thank them! And hi! I'm back now dude don't worry.

Stan: 18
Kyle: 18
(Based on their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 4763

•                                                                    •

"Stay focused on your mission, remain steadfast in your pursuit of excellence, and always do the right thing."
                                               -Mark Esper

•                                                                    •

This is a part two! So go read part one if you haven't, and get ready for part three because this is not gonna be the whole story.

Thanks a lot for reading. <3

Enjoy!

_______________________________________

Kyle never really liked the concept of responsibility. He'd rather play and goof around his whole life. He thought he would, too. Until he turned eighteen. It was the night of his birthday when his parents decided to visit the human village.

Kyle knew it was stupid, but his parents were so persistent on helping those in need. Since apparently it was the good thing to do. Help others.

His parents were good people. They raised Ike, their adopted son, the same way they raised Kyle. They took Stan in, a human, when he had nowhere else to go. They supported Kyle when he came out to them, and told them he was dating Stan. His guard, a male, and a human. They were good people. Who didn't deserve to be murdered by the very people they tried to help.

Kyle was a good person, too. But he didn't feel responsible enough to be looked up to. To be called King.

Though there wasn't any choice, was there? His parents spent their whole lives raising Kyle to be the perfect King. To be responsible, to help those in need, to make sure the village thrives, and to most importantly stay true to himself.

He couldn't even do the first.

And he knew that, when he was sitting on the throne his father used to sit on. Stan standing right by his side, watching and protecting.

When others weren't looking, Kyle scoffed and rolled his eyes. "What am I doing sitting here again?" He asked Stan, his boyfriend.

"You're waiting for people in need to come and ask you for help," Stan explained. He stood still, unmoving. Refusing to look at Kyle, since he was taught it was the unprofessional thing to do. Be distracted while at work.

"Why? Can't I just find them? Why do they have to step inside the castle?" Kyle asked too many questions at once.

Stan didn't look, but he knew that the storm cloud Kyle hated so much was forming above his annoyance filled brain. "Ky," Stan started, using one of his nicknames for his boyfriend. Kyle could tell by just the look on his boyfriend's face that he was about to share one of his ideas, reminding Kyle of their childhood. "How about, after all this, I have the chef cook us up some brownies, yeah? Your favorite?" Stan offered, trying to comfort the elven boy.

Kyle smiled slightly. "Go on," he muttered.

"And then we eat the brownies in the garden while we listen to the wind flow through the flowers. How does that sound?"