❄️ Snowed In ❄️

Stan: 12
Kyle: 12
(Based on their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 2019

•                                                                   •

"The first duty of love is to listen."
                                               -Paul Tillich

•                                                                   •

Stan's feet crunched every step that they took through the thick snow.

The snow was already so tall that he had to wear special boots so his socks wouldn't get soggy.

He was on his way to Kyle's house, something about how he's been acting recently made Stan worry.

He was distant, he had been ignoring Stan. He thought that it was temporary, but it's already been two weeks. And today he missed school. Stan had to figure out what was going on with Kyle.

Just as Stan saw Kyle's house in the distance, he got a text from him girlfriend Wendy.

It read, "are you busy?"

Stan replied with a simple "yeah."

Him and Wendy have been in an on and off relationship since fourth grade. And two weeks ago, they decided to give their relationship another try.

So far, no good. Wendy is an amazing girlfriend, Stan just doesn't feel the same as he used to. He doesn't even feel the need to talk to her anymore.

Stan took a step onto the Broflovski's front porch, then softly knocked on their door four times.

Sheila answered, smiling when she saw Stan. "Come in, come in! It's cold out!" She said, pulling Stan in and brushing snow off his shoulders.

"Where's Kyle?" Stan asked.

"He's just in his room, tell him dinner will be ready soon if you can." Sheila said, walking towards the kitchen.

"I will!" Stan replied, running up the stairs.

He walked up to Kyles bedroom door with a big smile on his face, but when he heard noises from the other side his smile faded.

The noise was muffled, but it sounded like someone crying. It was definitely Kyle. Stan could recognize the noise from anywhere.

Stan didn't even knock, he just slowly opened the door.

Kyle was laying on his bed, tears falling down his face. He looked zoned out, just staring at the ceiling. Stan was worried, why was Kyle crying? What happened?

"Kyle?" Stan asked softly. He walked closer towards the others bed, making sure his movements were gentle to not startle the boy. But he still flinched when he noticed Stan in his room.

He began aggressively wiping his tears away, trying to hide it even though Stan had already seen it.

"What's wrong?" Stan asked. He sat down next to Kyle on the bed. To his surprise, Kyle moved away from him. "Kyle?" Stan asked again.

"It's nothing! Just go away!" Kyle yelled. He turned away from Stan, trying to shield himself from view.

Stan reached a hand towards Kyle, but the second it brushed against his shoulder he smacked it away. "What don't you understand?" Kyle asked. "I said go away!"

"Wait, did I do this? Is the reason you're sad my fault?" Stan was horrified. If he truly was the reason Kyle was so distraught, he wouldn't be able to look at himself in the mirror.