🕰️ Time 🕰️

Stan: 17
Kyle: 16-17
(Based on their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 4282

•                                                                    •

"My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you."
                                                 -John Keats

•                                                                    •

This oneshot has tons of time skips btw, like, that's the whole purpose. Every - is a time skip! Enjoy!

8am.

It was 8am on a Friday morning when Kyle noticed something off going on with Stan.

He was sleeping in class, with his head on his desk. And this wasn't unusual for Stan, he always slept in class due to his lack of sleep. But it was the way that even after the teacher called his name three times, he still slept.

Kyle frowned at the boy. The eye bags under his eyes were so dark that it made Kyle wish that Stan would take better care of himself and actually get some sleep.

"Stan," Kyle whispered, kicking Stan a little with his foot.

That was when Stan finally stirred. He opened his eyes slowly and through a yawn he asked "what?"

"Oh look who finally decided to join us!" The teacher said angrily.

Stan just sighed, fully prepared to go to detention later that day. But then Kyle spoke up. "Stan isn't feeling well, is it okay if I take him home?"

The teacher looked at Kyle up and down, probably wondering if he was being serious or not. But after one glance at Stan and those nasty eyebags, she decided to just let them go.

Stan and Kyle walked down the empty school halls together in silence. The only noises that could be heard were the teachers talking in each separate classroom they walked by.

"So?" Kyle asked, breaking the silence.

Stan's eyes blinked multiple times, he was struggling to keep them open. But he did to look at Kyle. "What do you mean?"

"What's going on with you?" Kyle stopped walking, making Stan a bit confused.

Stan looked at Kyle's facial expression. It was worried. Stan didn't want Kyle to worry. "I'm just tired," he reassured.

Kyle knew that there was something more bothering the boy, but he decided not to ask. Because Stan would tell him eventually, right?

"Okay. Let's get you home so you can rest."

-

2am.

It was 2am when Kyle's phone screen shined on his face, the only light in his dark room.

He was stressed, worried, but most importantly he was devastated. The words on his screen scared him, even.

"I can't do this anymore. I'll see you again but I need a break. I love you Kyle, we'll talk soon," Kyle read aloud in a hushed whisper the message that Stan had sent him.

Kyle wanted to jump out of his bed and run to Stan, but he lived an hour away. He'd already be gone by the time he got there.

So he'd just have to hope that Stan was making the right decision by doing this.

Kyle tried texting Stan but he didn't respond. He called too, but it went straight to voicemail.

Kyle let out a frustrated groan and threw his phone across the room. All he wanted to know was where Stan was, and he couldn't even have that. He tossed and turned for hours before even remotely calming down.