⚫ Nyctophobia ⚫

Stan: 9
Kyle: 9
(Based off of their birthdays and what time the story is set in.)

Word count: 1770

•                                                                    •

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despise all of the darkness."
                                         -Desmond Tutu

•                                                                    •

"Good morning, class," Mr. Garrison said right after the bell rang, the chatter in the classroom dying down.

Stan wasn't really paying attention, he was writing a note to his best friend Kyle on a piece of paper.

Mr. Garrison continued talking, "as you may know, there will be a rainstorm sometime today. We don't exactly know when, but if it's during school hours we just want you to be prepared to stay inside all day."

Kyle rolled his eyes and blew some of his fiery red curly hair off his face. Mr. Garrison was acting as if people were terrified of rain or something. Who would be scared of that?

Stan whistled, gaining Kyle's attention.

"What?" Kyle whispered, raising an eyebrow at Stan who was staring at him.

Stan slid a little green sticky note over to Kyle. He was surprised, but thanked Stan for the note anyway. He unfolded the little paper and read what was written in extremely messy pencil graphite.

The note read, 'do you want to go to the washrooms during lunch?'

Kyle looked up at Stan and nodded with a smile. The two boys had been going to the boys washroom everyday during lunch and recess because not only did they like the thrill of maybe getting caught by a teacher, but they also just overall enjoyed hanging out together as just the two of them. Plus, they loved writing mean things about their classmates on the washroom walls.

Kyle grabbed his own pencil and wrote down 'see you there' on the green sticky note right under Stan's question before sliding it back over to the noirette.

Neither of them heard the rest of what Mr. Garrison was trying to tell the class.

-

As soon as lunch started, Stan and Kyle rushed to the cafeteria to grab their hot lunches. Then, before Kenny or Cartman could see them they ran off to the boys washroom together.

"Aw, gross!" Stan yelled, and Kyle turned around to see what the matter was. "I dropped my burger on the floor," Stan explained, earning a giggle from Kyle.

"That's fine, we can just share mine."

Stan smiled at his friend, then threw away the germ infested burger that he was about to eat.

"Got a marker?" Stan asked.

"Of course I do! C'mon," Kyle grabbed Stan's hand and dragged him to the last stall.

He pulled out his marker. The two boys wondered what they should write on the stall today.

After a good minute, they came up with something. And though it was incredibly stupid, they thought it was funny.

Kyle stepped back from the wall, admiring the masterpiece that he had just written.

On the wall, the words 'Craig Tucker? More like mother fucker' were written in messy handwriting.

"That's a good one," Stan praised.

Just as Kyle was about to respond, the intercom came on. "Hello students of South Park, I have an announcement to make," their principal said through the intercom. The two boys shared an anxious glance. "The rainstorm has started. And it's heavier than everyone though it would be. It's turning all the snow into slush, which is making a lot of doors hard to open without flooding the room. There have also been reports of power outa-" the intercom started glitching. The principals voice turned to complete static.