Working

Minji

"KIM MINJI!!!!!" My mother yells from her room. I sigh before heading to her room to see what she wants from me. "MINJI! GO GET ME MY DRINK!" She says as I open her door to see needles and pills laying all over her room. On her bed, her dresser, on the floor, everywhere.

"Mom you should stop drinking.."I say lowly but she heard me. "MINJI! DONT TELL ME WHAT TO FUCKING DO! GO TO WORK OR SOMETHING!" She yells at me. I try my hardest to resist crying in front of her, it will only make her hatred towards me worse.

"Fine. I'll go to work." I say and leave the door open, hearing her yell for me to come back and get her a drink.

-

I couldn't afford a brand new car but the one I have now is getting me by, despite it looking like junk.

I drive my way to work, slowly almost crashing because my stupid car wants to shut off on me all the time.

I arrive to the fancy restaurant where all the rich people go to. I'm a waitress there, one of the best actually. "Heyyy minji! How you doing!?" My boss Felix says. "Hey Felix, I'm...okay I guess." I force a smile. He pats my back, "Same thing happening at home?" He asks and I nod. "I'm sorry you have to go through that minji." He side hugs me. "But hey! I gave you a raise!" He smiles while breaking the side hug. "What why?!" I ask shocked. He pats my head, "Because I see you as one of my own daughters...you're not...at least I don't think..." He jokes and I hit him lightly on the arm while laughing. "And you are one of my most valuable workers here! And you're the best of the best when it comes to being a waitress!" He smiles. I thank him and get into my uniform.

"Alright minji, let's go make some money!!" Felix says and pumps his fists into the air while smiling brightly. I do the same to him, he always brings a smile to my face.

-

"Ma'am! Can I have some napkins please?" A sweet old lady asks me. "Oh of course!" I say and hand her some napkins from my apron. "Thank you dear, oh might I ask...how long have you been working here?" She asks me. "A little over a year ma'am." I say. "Don't overwork yourself dear. You're young and beautiful, you should have fun!" She smiles at me. I nod agreeing with her before thanking her and telling her to have a wonderful day.

The bell chimes notifying us that someone has entered the restaurant. I look up and see the person I hate the most, Kang Haerin. I avoid eye contact with her as I go to the back to retrieve more orders to take out.

"She's back huh?" Felix asks as he sees my worried face as I pick up plates to take out to the customers. I nod and he sighs, "I'm sorry minji I wish I could do something, but her dad is the richest guy in Korea." He frowns. "It's okay. I can handle it!" I force a smile and head out to deliver the orders.

"Thank you!" Is all I kept hearing as I was receiving plenty of tips from our customers, then there is Haerin. "Uh excuse me?" She says as she looks at me in disgust. I look at her and force my eyes to smile as I look at her, "Yes ma'am?" I ask. She smirks, "Where's my food? It should've been here by now." She says. "It's coming right now miss just let me get these orders out real quick." I say but she sticks her foot out making me trip and drop all the food.

"Oops." She says and scrolls on her phone. I sigh, everyone is looking at me curiously a long with a hint of feeling bad for me. I look at Felix who is at the back door with a sad face. "WAS THAT MY FOOD?!" A random guy yells as he sees the food on the ground. "I'll have it remade for you sir." I clean the mess up while my hands, and uniform are dirty. "Yeah you better!" He scoffs and scrolls on his phone.

I glance at haerin to see her smirking then she winks at me and I roll my eyes. "Oh no! You dropped food!" She says sarcastically as she records me with her phone. I try my best to not show my face but she is moving all around me getting all the angle of my face. She's live on Instagram, recording her sabotage.

"Haerin!" Her friend says. "WHAT Hyein!" She shouts and hyein scoffs. "Stop recording her and sit back down!" Hyein says and Haerin rolls her eyes but still obeys.

-

After getting the orders remade I make it to haerin's order. "Hello! Here is your food." I say with a smile as I only look at haerin's friend since she looks a lot more kinder than the other stuck up bitches. "I need napkins. A straw. My sauces? Where are they? Surely they aren't here even when I asked for them." Haerin says while looking me straight in the eye. If it wasn't for her disgustingly rude attitude, I would've complimented her eyes but no.

"I'll go get it real quick." I say and apologize before leaving, only to have someone grab my wrist hard. "No! Why should I give my money to a peasant like you who can't even remember simple things!?" She says as she squeezes my wrist hard. I'm holding back my whimpers and tears as the pain is getting worse as she tightens her grip.

"HAERIN! STOP!" Hyein yells and haerin let's go of me. "Ugh why do you never let me hurt this bitch!?" Haerin scoffs and hyein forces a smile at me and lets me leave to go get the necessities Haerin wants.

"Here you go ma'am!" I say as I come back with the things she wants. "Finally. Should've had them in the first place." Haerin rolls her eyes and snatches the sauces and napkins. Haerin looks around, "The straw?" She asks and I hand one to her. "Thanks." She smiles fakely and eats. "Would any of you like anything else?" I ask before I get ready to leave. "For you to leave us alone." Haerin says. And so I leave them alone.

-

It's closing time but Haerin and her gang are still her, drinking and smoking. I'm a waitress by day but a bartender at night, so I have two jobs and need to leave by certain times, in which they are cutting into.

I clean up all the tables as fast as I can and not there's since they are still there. "Just go ahead minji!" Felix sniles. He knows I work two jobs so he lets me leave at designated times. "Thanks." I smile.

I put on some makeup to make me look more hot since I'm a bartender and we have to wear makeup. I change my outfit to wear it's a short, tight black dress that comes just a little above my knee. I put on black combat boots with it and a dark grey denim jacket.

I walk past haerin's table not looking at them but I can feel their eyes on me. "MA'AM!" Someone shouts from behind me. "Yes?" I asks and turn to see Hyein standing in front of me. "You're pretty!" She smiles with her dimple showing. "Thank you." I smile and glance at haerin to see her eyes run all over my body.

"I need a drink, let's go to the bar." Haerin says and gets up from the table and leaves along with her minions following her.

Let's hope it's not my bar....

*********
First chapter hehe:)