Mother

Minji

I make it home and as usual I go to bed because I have work the next morning or afternoon. Tonight was different though, my mother was sitting on the couch watching TV. She looked back when she heard me close the door.

"Where were you?!" She asks. "My other job." I tell her and was about to head to my room when she stepped in front of me, blocking me. "How many jobs do you have huh?! Are you some sort of part time stripper!? Why do you come home so late EVERY NIGHT!" My mother yells at me. "I'm the only one working so I have two jobs. In a waitress and a bartender." I tell her coldly.

"Give ne money." She demands. I raise an eyebrow, "Why do you need money?" I ask but she slaps me. "GIVE ME MONEY!" She yells at me. "How much?!" I say with tears in my eyes. "40 bucks." She says and I give her 40 bucks, probably for her stupid drugs. Is it bad that I wish she would just die? I know she's my mother and I love her but she doesn't treat me or take care of me like a mother should...

"I don't even know why I gave birth to you! I should've had a damn abortion!" She says before leaving the house, probably meeting her daily dealer. I run up to my room, crying. Just wait till next paycheck Minji...then you can leave the this place...

-

I wake up to my phone ringing and ringing and ringing! "Ugh."I groan and answer the device. "WHAT!?" I yell into the phone. "Woah now. Calm your tits minji it's just me Hanni." She says and I sigh. "You woke me up from my sleep." I say and she laughs, "I know." I roll my eyes at her comment and lay my head down with my phone on my ear. "So...did you get out of your comfort zone...oh wait I shouldn't even have asked! I saw you and the infamous KANG HAERIN!!! Y'all were wild huh?! DANCING UP ON EACH OTHER!" Hanni shouts through the cellular device.

"So what hanni?" I say, "She's just Kang Haerin." I roll my eyes. "BITCH. ITS THE KANG HAERIN! That girl can say she wants you fired and you'll be fired within SECONDS! She has a say in everything minji!" Hanni rambles on as I was kind of dozing off. "ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!" She yells making me jump from how loud her voice was in my ear. "Yes." I chuckle.

"Fine I'll let you get ready to go. Bye I love you minji always know that!" Hanni says. "I love you too you annoying little person!" I smile. "ANNOYING WHAT-" I hang up hehe.

-

I walk out to the kitchen to make some hot coffee, Hoping to get my energy up. I don't know why I'm so tired, I didn't even drink last night.

Surprisingly....it's quiet in the house. It usually is but, this is eery quiet. "Mom?" I shout, and get no response. Hm.

I go to the living room to see maybe she fell asleep on the couch but no one was there. I check the bathroom because she passes out there sometimes when she takes too much pills. Finally I check her bedroom, it took me a few moments before I opened the door, scared of what can be inside.

"MOM?!" I shout as I see her on her bed with a needle in her arm. She's not moving. I check her pulse...no pulse. "SHIT! MOM!" I shout as I get my phone to call the ambulance..

-

"Your mom is a drug addict." The police officer said as we watch them take my dead mother away. "Yes." I agree. "I'm sorry you had to walk into that." The ambulance person says and I shake my head. "It's okay. I've walked into her room plenty of times where there was plenty of pills and different drugs all over her room..and needles too." I look down trying not to cry.

"She'll be with you in your heart." They say one last time before taking her away and leaving me alone..

Alone...

I burst out crying on my front porch. I wish I could've let everything out to her before she passed but no she has to leave just like that...from her stupid addiction!  I wanted to tell her how tired I am. How tired I am of working my ass off while she stays at home doing nothing. I wanted to tell her how I love her and why can't she just love me back. I wanted to...I wanted my dad...but he's gone too..

-

"Hey minji girl how you doing?!" Felix rubs my back after I tell him everything that happened. "Fine." I say. His smile fades, "I want you to take the day off." He says and I look at him. "No I need the money. I need to work!" I beg but he shakes his head no. "Go rest. You need to rest!" He says. I sigh in defeat.

As I'm walking out the restaurant, some girls in the corner are talking about the news. "Did you hear about the drug dealer that got caught selling the drugs to a raggedy ass old lady?!" One girl said. "Damn she looks so poor and ugly too, ew." Another girl said. I look at the news and see it was a picture of a drug dealer and a lady beside him...who happened to be my mom.

I move closer to hear and see better. "Ew move bitch." Haerin said but stopped when she saw it was me. "Hey minji!" She smirks before pulling my hair then messing it up. "Hey you know you look like that old lady!" She laughs causing her gang to laugh. "Well that old lady was my mother." I say and fix my hair. They all stop laughing especially Haerin.

"Hey minji-" she was about to speak but I walked away, "It's fine Haerin." I say.

"I didn't mean it. I-" Haerin says, "Enough Haerin! I don't care! She never cared for me anyways! I was always the one working my ass off! That why I have two fucking jobs!!" I accidentally rambled on to her as tears stream down my face.

Haerin comes closer to me and hugs me while we are in the parking lot in front of my old car. She gently pats my back, "It's okay...I'm sorry..." She says as she continues soothing my back.

I break the hug and get In My car. "Wait...is this your car?" Haerin asks trying to hold in her laugh. I nod, "It's the only thing I could've afford at the moment." I say.

"Let me buy you a car." Haerin says to me.

**********
Minji Lowkey a sugar baby💀