Part 3

Gulf was surprised to hear P'Best's voice on the hotel's phone. "What's wrong, P'Best?" he asked, wondering why P'Best called him.

P'Best explained, "The fans keep asking where you are. They're worried since you disappeared suddenly. We released a statement that you're resting, but they don't believe us. They think you're injured, and we're trying to cover it up."

Gulf pondered for a moment and then suggested, "How about I start a live session tonight and tell them that I'm on holiday? Maybe that will help put their minds at ease." He felt grateful for his fans' concern about his well-being.

P'Best let out a sigh of relief and responded, "If you could do that, it would be a huge help for the company."

"Then, I'll update my Twitter," Gulf stated, determined to reassure his fans.

"Thank you so much, Gulf," P'Best finally managed to smile.

"It's okay, P. It's something I should do after I arrive so my fans can rest assured," Gulf reassured P'Best, understanding the gravity of the situation.

P'Best fell silent on the other end of the line, and Gulf sensed the unasked question lingering in the air. He knew why P'Best was concerned about his well-being.

Gulf assured P'Best, "I'm getting there, P."

With a smile, P'Best said, "Then, I won't disturb you anymore. See you in two days, Gulf. Take care of yourself."

"Okay, P," Gulf replied before hanging up the call. He found himself staring at the floor, as if it held the answers to his broken heart.

During the past five days, Gulf constantly questioned himself, "Can I move on from you after the holiday, P'Mew?"

It was a question that echoed within him, seeking resolution and closure.

That evening, Gulf collected himself and made sure he looked presentable. He needed to hide his exhaustion from the fans. Logging onto Twitter, he noticed that he was trending with the hashtag #Gulfdeservesbetter. Despite the company's attempts to conceal the truth, the fans knew how Gulf was truly feeling. They flooded him with heartfelt messages through the hashtags. Gulf set up his phone to go live.

"Hi everyone. Sorry for disappearing like that, and thank you to those who have been worried about me. But I want to assure you that I'm actually on holiday, so please rest assured. Nothing has happened to me," Gulf said, forcing a sweet smile. As he looked at the comments, his heart sank.

"He looks pale. Are you okay, Gulf?"

"It must be because of the news."

"Don't worry Gulf, I'm on your side."

"Gulf, Mew didn't deserve you."

"Did you go missing because of your broken heart?"

"Gulf, is Mew there?"

Gulf tried his best to maintain a smile, fighting back the tears that threatened to spill. He couldn't afford to let everyone see his true emotions.

"I'm here on holiday with my friends because I've been working non-stop for the past few months, and I really needed some time to relax and sleep. I hope you all can understand that, and I'm sorry for causing worry. I'm not alone here," Gulf responded, purposely avoiding the questions about Mew and instead focusing on comments about himself.

Gulf continued to interact with his fans, assuring them that he was indeed on holiday due to exhaustion. He was tired, but for a different reason altogether. He had to lie to his fans, ensuring that no one would disturb him while he tried to gather himself. After concluding the live session, Gulf let out a sigh of relief. He was supposed to be happy while interacting with his fans, but the effort it took to pretend everything was okay drained him even more. In an attempt to alleviate his sadness, he decided to go for a walk.

Walking along the beach, just as he did in his routine, Gulf found solace in the calm ocean before him. He wondered if his heart could ever find such tranquility. Gulf stood there for at least two hours, contemplating his thoughts, before deciding to stop by a convenience store. He thought that deviating slightly from his routine might be what he needed. After purchasing a drink, Gulf headed back outside when he suddenly bumped into someone.

Gulf apologized and quickly picked up his drinks.

"Gulf?" Gulf froze, slowly lifting his gaze to find himself shocked to see the man standing before him.

"P'Kao?" Gulf stammered, unable to look directly at Kao.

He shouldn't have deviated from his routine, Gulf thought to himself.

"What are you doing here?" Kao smiled at Gulf, genuinely surprised to encounter him in this remote place.

"I, uhh... Anyways, why are you here, P?" Gulf struggled to find an answer, diverting his attention.

"I'm here for a shoot, an ad. It's my day off, so I thought I'd explore some remote areas in Japan. So, you're on holiday here?" Kao asked, his words carefully chosen.

Gulf looked up at Kao, wondering how he knew about his holiday. He only mentioned it to the fans during the live session, and it couldn't have spread so quickly.

"Oh, what I meant was, are you on holiday here?" Kao quickly tried to cover up his slip of the tongue.

Gulf nodded slowly. "I, uhh, I've always loved Japan, so I wanted to explore remote areas, especially during my vacation," he replied, fabricating an excuse. He couldn't let anyone know about the emotions he was desperately trying to hide and bury.

Kao simply stared at Gulf for a moment before nodding. He noticed that Gulf appeared paler and thinner than the last time they had met. Gulf felt the urge to run away before he broke down once more.

"You've come at the right time. Japan looks so beautiful during winter," Kao remarked, still fixated on Gulf, while Gulf kept his gaze focused on the floor, feigning interest.

"It is," Gulf replied, looking up to witness snow gently falling from the sky. A smile formed on his face as he admired the delicate snowflakes. He had always loved winter, and the enchanting sight lifted his spirits ever so slightly.

"It's beautiful," Kao said. Gulf then looked at Kao, raising an eyebrow inquisitively.

"What did you say, P?" Gulf tilted his head slightly.

"Oh, I mean... The snow is beautiful," Kao quickly clarified, and Gulf nodded in response.

"Uhhh... Gulf..."

TBC