Part 14

The past two weeks had been hectic for Gulf. He worked every single day, but despite how busy he was, he always received texts from someone.

Kao would send him good morning and good night messages without fail. Sometimes, Kao would buy lunch for Gulf and hand it to him before heading to work. Kao never forgot to give Gulf a cup of hot chocolate after lunch. They only met for a few minutes a day, mostly when Kao would give Gulf his lunch and hot chocolate before leaving.

These gestures always caught Gulf off guard. He had never been treated this way before. He never met someone like Kao, who was a person of few words but whose actions spoke volumes.

Gulf kept thinking about Kao's words in the car.

"I wonder what plan he was talking about," Gulf furrowed his eyebrows.

Why did this thing bother him so much?

"What plan?" P'Best sat down next to Gulf.

"Oh, nothing, P. I'm just thinking about something," Gulf straightened up.

"Something or someone?" P'Best raised his right eyebrow.

"Huh?" Gulf looked surprised.

How did P'Best know that he was thinking about someone?

"Is it Mew?" P'Best shot him a concerned look.

"What? No, P... it's something else. I can assure you that," Gulf quickly replied.

He realized he hadn't thought about Mew at all since the dinner. He wondered why.

"Really?" P'Best sought confirmation.

"It's true... whatever happened before is in the past. I don't want to waste my energy on someone who doesn't feel the same way," Gulf flashed a toothy smile.

"I'm relieved to hear that. No wonder you've been looking good these past few months," P'Best smiled.

Finally, the younger man had moved on from the miserable one-sided love story.

"I have?" Gulf asked. He did admit that in recent weeks, people had been complimenting him on how cheerful he looked.

"Yes. The team thought maybe it was because of the hot chocolates you've been drinking after meals," P'Best told Gulf honestly.

"What? Hot chocolate?" Gulf had never realized that he always drank hot chocolate after a meal. It did boost his mood, especially after a busy day.

"Yes, Gulf... You never used to drink hot chocolate before, but now you always have at least a cup. Maybe the sweetness boosts your mood, but again, you never really liked sweets before. Whatever it is, it's a good change for you. I'm happy to see that," P'Best realized that the younger man had matured a lot since the incident.

"I see..." Gulf was at a loss for words.

How can he never noticed this himself? He completely stopped drinking coffee or green tea, which he used to have every day with Mew. Why did he now prefer hot chocolate?

"Why do you look so confused?" P'Best was now confused about what was causing Gulf to be lost in thought.

"P... is it possible that I feel comfortable with someone other than P'Mew?" Gulf asked the question that had been lingering in his mind.

"What do you mean? Aren't you comfortable with me or the team?" P'Best asked. Why was Gulf suddenly questioning this?

"No, that's not what I meant. I mean in a different kind of comfortable," Gulf bit his lower lip.

P'Best stared at Gulf for a moment before finally understanding what he was trying to say.

"Do you enjoy having that kind of comfort?" P'Best fully turned his body toward Gulf. He needed to know.

"I mean... I do, but it feels like I shouldn't," Gulf pondered deeply.

"Why do you think you shouldn't?" P'Best raised an eyebrow.

"Because... I just recovered from a broken heart, and now I can't stop thinking about this person. It makes me feel like my feelings for P'Mew weren't a big deal, as if I'm moving on too quickly," Gulf closed his eyes. This was overwhelming for his heart.

P'Best remained silent for a moment before placing his hand on Gulf's.

"Gulf... have you ever liked an actor or a character in a movie so much?" P'Best broke the silence.

"Yes..." Gulf opened his eyes.

"Then suddenly, another movie comes along, and you love the new character even more, forgetting about the previous one and never looking back?" P'Best held Gulf's hand tightly.

"Yes... Wait, what's with all the questions, P?" Gulf was confused.

"What I'm trying to say is, it's okay to move on from one character to another. It's just a matter of feelings. Whether it's love, hate, or affection towards someone or something... It's all about feelings. We shouldn't feel guilty about it. It's your right to feel what you feel. Of course, unless you fall for someone who's married. That's plain wrong," P'Best stared at the troubled younger man.

"P..." Gulf realized that what P'Best said was true.

He should stop feeling guilty for moving on so quickly. He nodded at P'Best. That was all P'Best needed to see.

"Then, let's go. We have a lot of things to do," P'Best stood up and left the room.

Gulf also stood up, but then his phone rang.

"P'Mew..."

Gulf took a deep breath before answering the call.

A few minutes later, Gulf came out with a dejected expression.

"What's wrong, Gulf?" P'Best stood next to Gulf.

"P'Mew... He wants me to go to a boutique to get my measurements taken," Gulf spoke up.

"What measurements?" P'Best looked confused.

"He wants me to be his best man."

TBC