Part 12

Gulf lay on his bed, Kao's words repeating in his head.

Why did Kao's words comfort his heart? How did Kao find such words? Gulf's cheeks burned up when he thought of Kao. Kao's eyes were the kind of eyes that made you want to stare at them for a long time.

"Gulf! You just recovered from a broken heart."

Gulf shook his head. He needed to stop thinking about Kao, or else more problems would arise. He needed to focus on getting out of this trouble for the time being. He decided to call it a day.

Gulf arrived at the event venue, looking better than before. The fans were relieved to see Gulf in better condition than at the last event. For three days, Gulf had been busy with events and live sessions. He could only go to bed after 3 a.m. Exhaustion was an understatement to describe Gulf's state. He needed sleep, so he stole moments of sleep whenever he could. He even sacrificed his lunch hour to catch some rest.

At the moment, Gulf was in a photo studio for a fitting shoot for his upcoming drama. P'Best had told him that after the shoot, he didn't have any more schedule, so he was excited to finish the shoot early.

"Gulf," Kao approached Gulf.

"Sawadee, P," Gulf wai'd to Kao.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine, P," Gulf smiled.

"Hmmm... If you say so," Kao stared at Gulf for a moment before nodding.

The shoot finished earlier than expected, and the main reason was probably Kao's fast and active efforts during the shoot. Kao's team was surprised to see Kao so eager to end the shoot early. He never acted like this, so why the sudden change?

"That's a wrap! Thank you for your cooperation," the producer thanked the cast.

"Gulf," P'Best called Gulf.

"Yes, P?"

"Do you think you can go back home alone? There are some emergencies in the company," P'Best looked sorry towards Gulf.

"Oh, it's okay, P. I'll call my parents to pick me up," Gulf assured P'Best. He was okay with going back alone.

"But your parents are helping your sister at her workplace, right?" P'Best reminded Gulf.

"Oh yeah... I forgot," Gulf racked his brain, trying to think of other options.

"I could drive him home," Kao approached both of them.

"But it's a hassle, N'Kao," P'Best said.

"No, it's fine. I don't have anything after this. Besides, Gulf's house isn't that far away from my apartment," Kao assured P'Best.

"Then, I'm relieved to know Gulf won't be alone. I'll leave Gulf to you, N'Kao. Gulf, I have to go. I'll call you later," P'Best quickly left.

Gulf sat there, stunned. He didn't have a chance to convey his opinion.

"Are you ready, Gulf?" Kao asked.

"P... I don't want to burden you," Gulf looked contemplative.

"That's nonsense. You're never a burden to me," Gulf looked up. What?

"Let's go," Kao took Gulf's stuff and walked towards his car.

Gulf never got to say anything, so he followed Kao. Kao placed their stuff in the back seat before getting into the driver's seat.

"I heard there's traffic on the way, so it might take a while. You should get some sleep. You look tired. You've been busy these three days. I doubt you've had enough sleep," Kao started the car.

Gulf bit his lower lip. His heart beat hard at Kao's considerate words. How did Kao know he had been busy? He thought he had hidden his tired face well since everyone told him he looked good and fresh. Only Kao noticed that he looked tired.

As the ride became comforting with calm songs on the radio, Gulf's eyes slowly closed on their own. Finally, Gulf could have a good rest after a while. Kao glanced at the sleeping beauty and smiled.

"Cute," Kao lowered the radio's volume. He purposely drove slower and took another route so Gulf could have a better sleep.

After 45 minutes, Gulf slowly woke up. He noticed they were still on the road.

"Oh, you're awake," Kao glanced at Gulf.

"P, haven't we arrived yet?" Gulf asked. Usually, it only took 10-20 minutes to get to his house.

"The traffic is bad," Kao smiled innocently.

"Oh," Gulf nodded. How bad could the traffic be at 3 p.m.? The lunch hour had passed, Gulf thought to himself.

"We're here," Kao parked the car.

"P? Where are we?" Gulf asked, confused to see that they had arrived at a remote place.

"We're here to eat," Gulf looked up.

"But why?" Gulf sat up.

"Because I'm hungry," Kao got out of the car. Gulf followed him, but at the same time, his eyes scanned the surroundings.

"Don't worry. No one is here. This is a private area," Kao stated.

"P, why did you bring me here? We could eat at a public place. People already know that we have a drama together," Gulf stopped. Why did Kao have to bring him here?

Kao stopped and turned around to face Gulf.

"Because I don't want anyone to disturb my lunch with you."

TBC