Part 18

Gulf kept looking at his phone. He was restless. It was his day off tomorrow, and he was contemplating what he should text. He wanted to ask Kao for dinner tomorrow. He needed to ask Kao something. It had been on his mind for days.

"What kind of care? Brotherly care? Or..." Gulf bit his lips. He shook his head. He needed to finish his work first before thinking about that.

Today, he had a live event for a brand. The event didn't involve any fans offline, only the media. The fans could only watch the live online. The event was going smoothly until the other actor accidentally fell, causing him to push Gulf off the stage. Unprepared for the action, Gulf fell hard and sprained his left ankle.

"Gulf!" P'Best ran toward Gulf.

"Ngghh," Gulf showed a painful expression. Thankfully, there were no fans; otherwise, it would have been a disaster.

"Come, let's bring you to the hospital," P'Best called the team to carry Gulf to the car.

They arrived at the hospital in a short time.

"Hmmm, it looks pretty bad since the impact was quite heavy. I suggest you restrain your movement for at least one month," the doctor said.

"Thank you, Doctor," P'Best wai'd and pushed the wheelchair. Then, P'Best went to retrieve the medicine.

A month? That would disrupt his schedule. This month was supposed to be one of his busiest months, but he had to rest. Gulf closed his eyes. He had a headache thinking about his work.

After that, P'Best received calls from his parents and sister. They were worried about Gulf, but P'Best assured them that he was okay and that he would drive Gulf home after this.

He saw that Gulf was in deep thought with knitted eyebrows.

"Don't think too much about this. We're lucky that nothing else happened. One month is manageable," P'Best handed out the medications.

"But with this, the job is undone, P," Gulf worried.

"Don't worry about it. We can reschedule things. You're an important person in our team, so we don't want you to stress," P'Best assured Gulf.

When they arrived home, the family kept checking on Gulf. Gulf felt uncomfortable with the attention. It made him feel weak and like a burden to the family.

However, it felt nice to have people worry about him, Gulf thought.

Finally, Gulf was able to rest after he told his family that he was tired.

Now, he sat on his bed with his head resting on the headboard. He turned on his phone and saw a lot of missed calls from his parents and sister. He smiled reading the texts in the family group. It was nice to see that the family cared about him. Then, he saw missed calls from a certain person.

"P'Kao..."

Gulf saw that the calls came when he was in the car on the way to the hospital. Why did Kao call him? He decided to call Kao back.

"Sawadee, P," Gulf spoke once the call was connected.

"Gulf? Where are you?" That was quite straightforward, Gulf thought.

"I'm home, P. Why?" Gulf questioned.

Kao let out a relieved sigh.

"Did you just arrive from the hospital?" Kao asked.

"Yes, P.," Gulf answered.

"How's your ankle?" Kao asked.

"Wait, how did you know, P?" Gulf knitted his eyebrows.

"I... I saw it on social media," Gulf looked confused.

The live event had not ended long ago. How quickly things could spread?

"I see..." Gulf dismissed the thought that maybe Kao was stalking him.

"What did the doctor say?" Kao was so focused on the conversation, as if Gulf was right in front of him.

"The doctor said I need to limit my movement for at least a month to fully recover," Gulf pouted.

He felt useless and weak now.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure you can recover in less than a month. After all, you are not a weak person," Gulf's eyes widened.

That was not the response he expected. Everyone kept saying that he should stay in bed, not do anything, and they would bring everything to him. They acted as if Gulf was a fragile boy. However, Kao was the only one who said he was a strong person.

"..." Gulf bit his lower lip.

"Gulf? Are you there?" Kao asked.

"Yes, I'm still here, P," Gulf quickly said.

"If you're thinking about your work, don't worry about it. A sprained ankle or not, you're still an attractive person, so I'm sure a lot of people still want you. You'll receive a lot more offers in the future," Kao smiled from the other side.

Gulf chuckled. That boosted his sour mood from before.

"I'm glad you're cheering up a bit. You looked like you were in a lot of pain just now," Kao smiled, not realizing his mistake.

"You saw me, P?" Gulf raised his right eyebrow.

"Ummm... Anyways, I'm glad you're okay. I need to go now. Take care of yourself, Gulf," Kao quickly ended the call.

"P-" Gulf didn't get to finish his sentence before the call cut off.

He looked at his phone. What was wrong with Kao?

The next day, Gulf was sitting on his bed, scrolling through Twitter. There were a lot of tweets from his fans wishing him well. He posted a picture of himself smiling with the caption "I'm doing okay. Thank you for worrying about me." The hashtag #GetWellSoonGulf was trending on Twitter.

"Gulf, we need to go to work. But don't worry... Your friend is here, so he can take care of you," Gulf's mother opened the door and looked at her son.

"Okay, Mom," Gulf's mother hugged Gulf and kissed his cheek before leaving. She seemed to be in a hurry.

"Wait, what friend?" Gulf wondered. P'Best had never mentioned that he would visit him.

"Gulf."

TBC