Part 21

Gulf is now attending an offline event after a month of online events and online meetings.

When it was lunchtime, he returned to the makeup room and noticed a paper bag on the table with his name on it. He saw a thermos flask inside the paper bag and opened it, finding hot chocolate. Gulf had a hunch about who sent him the lunch. He sat down and stared at the paper bag.

After that day, Gulf received information that Kao was shooting in the countryside for their drama for a month. However, that didn't stop Kao from sending texts to Gulf. Sometimes Kao would order food online for Gulf and his family. And this time, Kao didn't forget about Gulf's hot chocolates.

"I told you, dear. It's so obvious that he likes you. More than friends," Gulf's father said as they were eating the lunch Kao had ordered for them.

"Is it true that Kao likes me? How could that be?" The questions kept replaying in Gulf's head for the past few weeks.

Gulf shook his head and took out his phone. He texted Kao.

(P'Kao)

Thank you for the food, P 🤗
-Sent 1.30 p.m.-

How did you know it was me? 🤭
-Received 1.31 p.m.-

You're the only one who keeps giving me hot chocolate, P. 🤨 You even keep it in a thermos.
-Sent 1.32 p.m.-

You caught me 😆 I hope the drink is still warm.
-Received 1.33 p.m.-

It's still warm, P.
-Sent 1.34 p.m.-

That's good. It may not taste the same as when I'm there 😝
-Received 1.34 p.m.-

Gulf chuckled, not realizing that P'Best had entered the room.

"Who are you texting that makes you smile so wide, Gulf?" P'Best sat down next to Gulf.

"I'm smiling?" Gulf quickly closed his phone.

"Even your teeth are showing, Gulf." P'Best smiled teasingly.

"I, ummm..." Gulf cleared his throat.

"Is it the 'someone' that you mentioned before?" P'Best leaned forward.

"No..." Gulf avoided P'Best's eyes.

"Really?" P'Best narrowed his eyes.

"Fine... It is," Gulf sighed. P'Best just smiled warmly and stared at Gulf.

Gulf smiled upon seeing his favorite food in the paper bag.

"I'm happy to see that you're happy, Gulf," P'Best spoke his mind.

"Me too, P." Gulf returned the smile.

Gulf was now resting in P'Best's office. He was tired after a whole week of events. He was happy to see his fans, but his body couldn't handle the sudden busyness. Thankfully, it was his last day before a day off. He relaxed while waiting for P'Best when he received a call. Gulf bit his lower lip, staring at the caller's name. After a few moments, he finally answered the call.

"Hello?" Gulf sat up.

"Hello, Gulf?" the other person spoke.

"Why did you call, P'Mew?" Gulf never thought he would receive a call from Mew again.

"Oh, I just wanted to say that since the wedding is around the corner, I thought it's time for me to disclose my future wife," Mew explained.

"I see..." Gulf nodded slowly.

"I was wondering if maybe you could show some support? I know you're my best man, but you know how our fans can be. They can be a little crazy," Mew spoke.

"What?" Gulf knitted his eyebrows.

Gulf never thought someone would call his fans crazy, especially coming from someone smart.

He loved his fans regardless of anything they did, unless they committed a crime. Other than that, he loved his fans, whether they were Phiballs or Wanjaai.

"You know how it is, Gulf. Maybe if you show some support on the announcement, it could run smoothly," Mew conveyed.

"Fine, P. Whatever you want," Gulf sighed.

He was tired of hearing nonsense from the other person.

"Great. Thank you so much, Gulf. I have to go. I'll see you at the wedding, Gulf. And don't worry, your suit looks good," Mew hung up.

Gulf raised both eyebrows. Was Mew always this kind of person? How could he never have noticed this before? He had fallen hard for Mew, so he never noticed how selfish Mew was. Did Mew never think about Gulf's feelings?

Gulf massaged his temples. He had a headache thinking about all this.

"Gulf, we're done. Let's go, I'll take you home. It's almost 10 p.m.," P'Best packed his stuff in the office. Gulf nodded and followed.

Gulf sat on the chair in his bedroom. He was exhausted, but he didn't feel like sleeping yet. He just spaced out. Then, his phone received a notification from P'Best.

(P'Best)

Gulf, I know you've moved on, but I hope you can stay strong.
-Received 11.45 p.m.-

Gulf knitted his eyebrows. Now what? P'Best had told him about Mew's post on Instagram. Gulf opened his Instagram and saw Mew and Davikah's couple pictures. Some of them were taken during their promotion for TharnType S2.

If this had happened a few months ago, Gulf would have cried again, but now he didn't feel anything. He thought Mew and Davikah made a good couple. However, Gulf hesitated to comment on the post. Not because he still had feelings for Mew, but because he was scared of the aftermath. He didn't want to hurt his fans. He closed his eyes.

While he was pondering, he received a call.

"Hello?" Gulf answered without seeing the caller's name.

"Gulf?" Gulf looked at the caller's name.

"P'Kao? Why are you calling late at night?" Gulf asked.

"Look outside your window," Gulf knitted his eyebrows before standing up and opening his curtains. He saw Kao waving at him, leaning on his car.

"What are you doing, P?" Gulf looked at the older man. Even though he was far away, he still looked handsome in Gulf's eyes.

"Let's have a night out."

TBC