Part 28

Gulf simply ate his food in silence while the person in front of him kept talking about his happy life.

"She told me that she thought I was a cold person. Could you believe that?" Mew took a bite of his food.

He continued talking about how he and Davikah met. Mew asked her to be his girlfriend just two months after getting to know each other. It meant they had been in a relationship during the TharnType S2 promotion.

Not knowing what to reply, Gulf simply smiled awkwardly and nodded. He didn't have any appetite to eat with Mew, but Gulf forcefully took a bite or two. It had been different from the past. Gulf sighed, missing Kao so much at that moment.

"Gulf? What's wrong? Don't you like the food?" Mew asked.

"Oh, it's fine, P...I'm just not hungry at the moment," Gulf replied with a flat smile.

"But as I remember, this is your lunchtime, just like before," Mew stated.

"Just like before." That was the phrase Gulf kept thinking all this time. Why did the sudden behavior change? What did Mew want from him?

"Gulf..." Mew reached for Gulf's hand.

Gulf wanted to retract his hand, but Mew gripped it a little too tightly.

"P...We can talk without any physical contact," Gulf tried to pull his hand back, but Mew continued gripping it.

"But before, we used to have a lot of physical contact, so why bother, right?" Mew flashed a warm smile.

"But right now, you're getting married. It's not appropriate, P," Gulf stated.

"Not appropriate? Then you and Kao are appropriate? Making your relationship obvious and becoming a hot topic? Overpowering my news?" Mew tightened his grip.

"What..." Gulf grimaced at Mew's grip.

Then they heard chaos outside the room.

"Sir, you can't come in. It's a private area."

Then suddenly the door opened, revealing an angry Kao.

"P..." Gulf was shocked to see him.

"Let go of him," Kao slammed the door before pulling Gulf away from Mew.

Gulf stood up abruptly and positioned himself behind Kao. He was scared to see how Mew emitted a frightening aura.

"You came earlier than I expected," Mew stood up.

"I warned you not to involve yourself with Gulf," Kao covered Gulf with his body.

"How could I resist? I am his first love. Right, Gulf?" Mew smirked.

Gulf's eyes widened. Did Mew know about his feelings? But his actions... Gulf's eyes become teary. Were all of Mew's actions towards Gulf intentional?

"Stay. Away. From. Him," Kao warned, his fists clenched tightly.

The nerve of this guy, making his boyfriend cry.

"Oh, Kao. You're just his colleague. Why do you bother?" Mew smirked.

"I am his boyfriend," Kao declared.

"Boyfriend? If you two are truly boyfriends, when did you have your first date? That news on Twitter was just a hoax, right? Just like our relationship before. Come on, Kao. Stop manipulating the innocent lamb. He will believe anything and follow you anywhere. He will think that you love him," Mew laughed.

Kao had enough. He stepped forward and punched Mew.

"Shut up! You can bad-mouth me anytime, and I won't care, but never talk badly about my boyfriend! Compared to him, you are nothing, Mew. That's why you're angry when both of us are trending with our drama. You brought him here to make news for yourself. I've had enough of this!" Kao's breath was ragged with fury.

"That hurts more than before," Mew stood up and wiped away the blood.

Kao's fist remained clenched, and he had the urge to punch Mew one more time.

"Did you see how aggressive your boyfriend is, Gulf? Maybe he will hit you in the future if he has this kind of temper," Mew glanced at Gulf.

Kao stepped forward to punch Mew one more time, but someone pulled his wrist.

"Gulf..." Kao looked back at Gulf.

"Look, he still cares about me, that's why he stopped you from hitting me," Mew smirked.

Gulf stepped forward without saying anything. Then, suddenly, he punched Mew on the right cheek.

Kao was shocked to see the scene unfold before him. Mew fell due to the impact.

"Gulf..." Mew stood up, holding his right cheek. He never thought the younger man would punch him.

"Never talk badly about my boyfriend. I thought you were better than this, Mew. I followed you, I trusted you all along because I liked you. I admit, I loved you, Mew. I did everything for you to return the feeling, but you just dismissed my feelings without even facing me. You lost my respect, Mew. Thank you for showing your true colors to me. Now, I won't feel guilty for ignoring you. I will attend your wedding as a guest, not your best man, and that's it. After that, stay away from me or P'Kao. If you don't, I will show you how 'crazy' my fans can be," Gulf said, his voice filled with determination. He then grabbed Kao's hand and pulled him towards the exit.

When they reached outside, Kao could feel Gulf's grip weaken, and he was shaking a bit. Kao smiled and hugged him.

"You did good, Gulf," Kao said, gently touching Gulf's head.

Gulf nodded and eventually pulled away after a few moments. Kao took Gulf's hand and led him to his car.

They drove in silence and arrived at Kao's apartment. This was the first time Gulf had been to Kao's apartment.

"I wanted to bring you to the beach, but the restaurant was busy right now," Kao explained.

After they entered the apartment, Kao pulled Gulf closer, placing one hand on Gulf's waist and the other on Gulf's hand.

"Are your hands okay?" Kao gently rubbed Gulf's hand and kissed them.

Gulf nodded.

"It looks like they might bruise. I should have punched him one more time for hurting my boyfriend," Kao said, pressing a kiss on both of Gulf's hands.

Gulf smiled. He was scared just moments ago, but in Kao's arms, he felt safe.

TBC

A/N: Proud of Gulf for his award in Maya Awards💕