Part 7

Gulf arrived in his room and looked around before nodding. He needed to do something. He opened his locked desk, revealing a collection of Mew's pictures and pictures of them together. Gulf gathered them all and put them in a box. He meant to do this a long time ago, but his heart never allowed him to.

It had been a week since he cried over Mew, and now he was certain there were no more tears left for him. It was just a silly crush, he thought. He was determined to move on and have a better life from now on, just as Kao had suggested. Gulf paused for a moment.

Kao?

His cheeks warmed again as he remembered the warm words from Kao. Being with Kao made him realize that maybe all he needed was someone to talk to, and he was grateful that Kao had been there for him. Kao was so understanding, and it was a side of him that Gulf had never seen before during their time working together. Kao had always been playful, so hearing him be serious and genuine was unfamiliar yet appealing to Gulf.

Gulf took the box and threw it in the bin, although he hesitated for a second. He made up his mind. After finishing up the promotion for his drama, "You Are My Makeup Artist," Gulf decided to focus on work and forget about Mew. He received numerous offers from production teams, including a BL drama offer, but he rejected it as he couldn't imagine himself acting in that genre with anyone other than Mew. Instead, he chose an action/comedy-drama, as he never played that genre before. Gulf arrived at the meeting place early to read the script.

"Oh, Gulf?" Gulf looked up and was surprised to see Kao.

"P'Kao?" Gulf stood up and wai'd at Kao.

"So, you were my partner?" Kao smiled and gestured for Gulf to sit down.

"Partner?" Gulf wondered for a bit and then realized that the drama involved two best friends who become undercover police officers.

"Yeah, did you read the script?" Kao sat down next to Gulf.

"I did. I never thought you would be my partner," Gulf furrowed his eyebrows.

"Really? So, you're disappointed?" Kao teased, smiling at Gulf.

"What? No, I mean-"

"I understand. Not a lot of people like to work with me, after all," Kao shrugged and focused on the script.

"P, that's not what I meant," Gulf stared at Kao, feeling bad for him.

"It's okay, Gulf," Kao looked dejected.

"I'm not disappointed, but rather surprised to see you as my partner, P," Gulf leaned towards Kao.

"Hmmm, okay. I understand, even if you're just saying that to make me feel better," Kao turned away from Gulf momentarily, trying hard to keep a straight face.

Gulf had no words. What could he do to make Kao feel better?

"Then... P, how about this? Let me treat you to lunch to show that I'm glad to have you as my co-actor?" Gulf's words made Kao turn towards him, and Kao flashed his toothy smile.

"You were the one who offered. Don't back out now. Maybe I should sulk more often so I can get free food," Kao grinned while reading the script. He was delighted to see Gulf fall for his playful trap.

"Wait... You're not mad, P?" Gulf raised his right eyebrow.

"Of course not. I never said I was mad," Kao shrugged.

"P!" Gulf pouted a bit. How dare Kao play him like that?

"Hey, don't be mad. You're the one who assumed I was mad. How could I be mad when my co-actor is Gulf Kanawut?" Kao smiled teasingly at Gulf.

Gulf opened his mouth to counter back, but he found himself speechless. He crossed his arms and looked away from Kao. If Kao could sulk, so could he.

"Don't forget about your offer," Kao whispered just before the other production team arrived. Gulf sat there and glared at Kao.

"What's wrong, Gulf?" the producer asked when he noticed Gulf's unexplained expression.

"Oh, nothing. I just spaced out for a bit. Sorry," Gulf quickly smiled, while Kao continued to grin throughout the meeting.

The meeting ended after a few hours, and it was time for lunch. Gulf initially wanted to invite the whole team, but they were all busy managing his new schedule. That left him alone. So, he decided to stay in the empty meeting room and eat later with P'Best. As he was busy scrolling through his phone, he didn't realize someone entered the room. Suddenly, a plastic bag was placed in front of Gulf.

"P'Kao," Gulf looked up.

"Did you forget that we were supposed to have lunch together?" Kao sat next to Gulf.

"I-"

"I knew you would be alone, so I decided to bring the food here," Kao said, sitting down next to Gulf.

"But I promised to buy you lunch, P," Gulf felt embarrassed. How could he forget, and instead, Kao ended up buying him food? Kao looked at Gulf and smiled.

"Who cares who buys it? As long as you're here, then I'm happy."

TBC