Part 15

"Gulf! Hurry up, you're going to be late!" P'Best had been calling Gulf for the past 10 minutes.

"Wait, P! I'm almost done!" Gulf quickly sprayed his perfume before leaving his room.

Today, Gulf has a morning schedule to attend.

"I can't believe he dares to ask you that," P'Best spoke up as they got into the car.

The incident from two days ago still made him furious. How could Mew be so insensitive?

"P... I'll be fine. I'm serious," Gulf assured P'Best.

Though he was surprised, there was nothing he could do. He just wanted to finish whatever business he had with Mew now and move on.

"Why can't you let me go with you?" P'Best asked.

"Because I know you'll cause a scene, P. I know how you'll act around Mew. It will make him uncomfortable," Gulf smiled.

"Let him be uncomfortable. You shouldn't be the only one suffering," P'Best commented.

"It's okay, P. It's my fault for loving someone like him," Gulf replied with a faint smile.

P'Best fell silent after hearing Gulf's words. He didn't want to argue with his artist before an event.

"Okay, that's all for now. Good job, everyone," the producer said with a bright smile.

Gulf remained in his changing room, feeling nervous for some reason. Today, he had to meet Mew at a boutique to have his measurements taken. Even though he no longer loved Mew, it didn't mean he could meet him casually.

"This is going to be a long day," Gulf sighed.

"That's a long sigh."

Gulf looked up.

"P'Kao," Gulf stood up and wai'd him.

"I brought you your lunch. Is it a bad time?" Kao showed the paper bag he had been holding.

"Thank you, P. There's nothing wrong. I'm just a bit tired," Gulf assured Kao.

"Fine, if you don't want to talk about it, then I won't force you," Kao placed the bag on the table.

Gulf felt grateful that Kao never pressured him to share anything. He simply waited patiently for Gulf to open up when he was ready.

After lunch, Kao offered to drive Gulf back home.

"Ummmm, I have to go somewhere later, P," Gulf said.

"Oh, then how about I bring you there?" Kao offered.

"I can go by myself, P," Gulf replied.

"Nonsense," P'Best intervened.

"P'Best," Kao wai-ed P'Best.

"Gulf, if you don't want me to come with you, at least bring Kao," P'Best said.

"Bring me where?" Kao questioned.

"Gulf needs to meet Mew later," P'Best explained, showing an upset expression.

Kao was surprised to hear this. What? Why? How could Mew do that?

"Relax, P. I'll be fine," Gulf assured both of the older men.

"No, you're not," P'Best crossed his arms.

"P, the past is the past. We should just let it go," Gulf said.

"Well, now the past is chasing you for whatever reason," P'Best rolled his eyes.

Unable to argue, Gulf remained silent.

"Let's go," Kao stated.

"P?" Gulf asked.

"I'll bring you there," Kao took out his car keys.

"But-"

"No buts! Hurry up or you'll be late for your next event," P'Best cut off Gulf.

Gulf decided that it might be better for him to be with Kao. At least Kao wouldn't make a scene, right?

"Come," Kao walked towards his car.

Throughout the drive, Kao didn't say anything, and this bothered Gulf a bit.

"P..." Gulf slowly opened his mouth.

"Yes, Gulf?" Kao's eyes remained on the road.

"Do you think it's a good idea to meet P'Mew?" Gulf asked.

"Depends," Kao answered.

"Depends on what?" Gulf inquired.

"Are you going to like him again after you meet him?" Kao still kept his eyes on the road.

"What? No. It doesn't matter how many times I meet him, I will never like him in that way again," Gulf answered truthfully.

"Then, it's good," Kao turned around to look at Gulf and smiled.

Gulf bit his lower lip. His heart beat fast when Kao looked at him that way.

"See you later," Kao said after they arrived.

"P, you're not coming?" Gulf asked.

"It will only complicate things. Besides, I know you can handle it yourself. If you need anything, just call me," Kao smiled.

Gulf's eyes widened. It was the first time someone had said that he could handle things by himself. Kao kept surprising him.

Gulf nodded before going into the boutique.

"P'Mew," Gulf wai-ed Mew.

"Gulf! I'm so glad you could make it," Mew tried to hug Gulf, but Gulf avoided it by turning it into a handshake instead.

"Come, let's take your measurements," Mew guided Gulf into the boutique.

"What's your theme for the wedding, Mew?" the designer asked while measuring Gulf.

"Oh, it will be an underwater theme because Davikah loves the ocean. So, the color code will be either blue, white, or green. And all of our meals will be seafood, just like how Davikah loves it," Mew continued to smile while talking about his wedding.

"Seafood?" Gulf gulped. It seemed like he would be hungry on the wedding day.

"And that's all. We should have the suit ready by next week," Gulf only nodded. Being in the same room as Mew felt uncomfortable. It was funny how things had turned out.

"Let me treat you to dinner, Gulf," Mew asked the moment they came out of the boutique.

"It's okay, P. I don't want to burden you," Gulf politely rejected.

"No, I should treat you. How about we go to the restaurant that we always went to before? Maybe we could catch up more with each other," Mew smiled widely.

"I-"

"He had plans with me, P,"

TBC