Part 19

Gulf was restless on his bed.

How could he be here?

Gulf was in deep thought that he didn't realize that someone had entered his room.

"Let's have breakfast first, Gulf," the other person took a small table and placed it in front of Gulf.

"P'Kao," Gulf looked up.

"Yes?" Kao took a jug and poured cold water into a glass.

"I can eat downstairs. You didn't have to bring the food here," Gulf explained, feeling sorry for Kao.

"No. You needed to limit your movement. Besides, having breakfast on the bed once in a while was nice," Kao placed the food on the small table.

The breakfast was noodles with minced pork. Gulf seemed surprised by the food selection. His mother had mentioned that she didn't have time to make breakfast.

"Where did you get this, P?" Gulf took a sip of water.

"The stall in the corner of the road. You mentioned before that it was your favorite to eat in the morning during your school days," Kao sat on a chair next to Gulf's bed.

"How did you know that?" Gulf stopped his action and looked at Kao.

"Uhhh, the seller kept talking about you. That's how I knew," Kao scratched his non-itchy head.

"Oh, I see," Gulf nodded. He then took a bite of the food, smiling as he recognized the familiar taste.

Gulf ate in silence while Kao sat there silently. He didn't disturb Gulf, and Gulf was grateful for that. He wasn't a morning person, so he liked to have his breakfast in silence.

"Thank you, P," Gulf spoke up when Kao was cleaning the table.

"You're welcome. Please take your medicine while I'll bring this downstairs," Kao left the room.

After a while, Kao stepped into Gulf's room and saw Gulf staring at him with expectations.

"What was wrong, Gulf?" Kao sat on the chair next to Gulf.

"P...did you forget something?" Gulf looked around Kao.

"No, what was it?" Kao was confused.

"P...You didn't bring me hot chocolate?" Gulf pouted.

How could Kao have forgotten?

Kao blinked. Suddenly, he chuckled, causing Gulf to look at him.

"P...Why are you laughing? I'm serious..." Gulf looked away and turned his body slightly away from Kao.

"Okay, okay... I won't laugh. It's just that I never thought you liked hot chocolate that much," Kao wiped his nonexistent tears.

"..." Gulf didn't say anything. His mood was ruined.

"Gulf..." Kao leaned forward.

"..." Gulf stayed in his place, not saying anything.

"I forgot to buy it because I was in a hurry this morning," Kao explained.

"Hmmmm," Gulf simply nodded.

"Then, how about I take you outside this evening? Maybe we can go to a cafe, and you can order any hot chocolate you want. It's on me as an apology for my mistake," Kao shot his puppy eyes.

Gulf smiled a bit.

"Promise?" he finally spoke up after a while.

"Yes, I promise," Kao smiled.

He kept thinking that Gulf was like a baby, but he better keep it to himself. Gulf then turned his body towards Kao.

"Thank you, P," Gulf showed his toothy smile.

"Anything for you, Gulf," Kao ruffled Gulf's hair.

His heart was now at peace, knowing that the young man wasn't angry at him anymore.

"P...what did you mean when you said you were in a hurry?" Gulf suddenly questioned.

Kao froze.

"Huh? Did I say that?" Kao forced a smile.

"P...You know what you said," Gulf shot a serious face.

"I..." Kao avoided Gulf's eyes.

"P..." Gulf emphasized.

Kao sighed and looked at Gulf.

"Because I was worried about you," Kao answered truthfully.

"Why?" Gulf needed answers.

"Because..." Kao stopped his words.

He couldn't let his feelings out now. It was too soon.

"Because what, P?" Gulf's attention was now fully on Kao.

Kao closed his eyes and sighed. He looked up at Gulf.

"Because I care about you..." Kao stared into Gulf's pretty eyes.

Gulf gulped. Kao's words, coupled with his intense gaze, made heat creep up to his cheeks. He couldn't form a word as he found himself lost in Kao's eyes. They were lost in each other's eyes before they heard the main doorbell ringing.

"I..uhh, I'll get that," Kao cleared his throat and left the room.

Gulf nodded. One of his hands held his chest, and the other held his cheek. His cheeks were warm, and his heart was beating hard.

"Why was I so nervous?" Gulf tried to calm himself down. This feeling was new to him.

After a few minutes, Kao entered the room with a few paper bags in his hand.

"What is that, P?" Gulf asked curiously.

"Oh, the delivery man said it was from your fans. They were very worried but didn't want to disturb you. So, they sent this through the delivery man," Kao placed the paper bag in front of Gulf.

Gulf checked the paper bags one by one. They were all full of handwritten cards and dolls. Some even gave him medicines and food. Gulf smiled as he checked them. He felt loved by many people.

"Your fans are sweet," Kao sat down.

"Yes, they are. That's why I love them a lot," Gulf carefully placed the items on the side table.

Gulf looked up and was surprised to see Kao smiling.

"What's wrong, P? Why are you smiling?" Gulf raised his right eyebrow.

"Nothing. I'm happy to know you are loved by many people," Kao smiled.

Gulf returned the smile and nodded.

They kept conversing with each other until lunchtime. During that time, Kao offered to help Gulf change his clothes, but Gulf strongly rejected. Gulf decided to wear a plain T-shirt and jeans. He combed his hair back, causing a few strands to fall on his forehead. When Gulf came out of the room, Kao froze.

"Beautiful."

TBC