Part 6

"P..." Gulf's eyes looked surprised.

Kao immediately removed his hands from Gulf's cheek and placed the handkerchief in Gulf's hand.

"Uhhh, use this to wipe your tears. Don't use your hand," Kao said, touching the back of his neck.

"Thank you, P," Gulf said, wiping his tears, completely ignoring the fact that Kao had called him beautiful.

'I must be hearing things,' Gulf thought.

After a few seconds, Gulf's breathing slowly returned to normal. He bit his lower lip, trying to come up with any excuses. Kao probably heard everything, and Gulf felt embarrassed about it.

"Sorry, P," Gulf said, not daring to look at Kao.

"Why?" Kao finally opened his mouth.

"Huh?" Gulf looked at Kao, noticing that Kao had been looking at him. His cheeks warmed due to Kao's intense gaze. Besides Mew, Gulf always thought that Kao had very intense eyes.

"Why would you say sorry?" Kao questioned.

"I mean... I cried in front of you, and I told you everything, so you must feel disgusted," Gulf said, feeling his eyes starting to tear up again. He couldn't bear to hear Kao's disgust toward him.

"Why should I be disgusted?" Kao asked.

"Because I fell in love with my co-actor, and it's a guy," Gulf closed his eyes, trying to gather the courage to hear Kao's words.

"And?"

"Huh?" Finally, Gulf looked up.

"You fell in love. That's the only thing this is all about. The gender, the status, it's all your right to choose and love anyone," Kao smiled at Gulf, warming his heart. He wondered when was the last time he had felt this way.

"Thank you, P," Gulf said, looking down. His cheeks were getting warm, and he didn't know the reason why.

"But the one you love is Mew," Kao looked at Gulf with worry. He knew about the news. The news had become trending for a few days on social media. He knew that the other person wasn't Gulf.

"That's why I came here. I thought I could go on like a normal person, but I thought wrongly," Gulf said, holding the handkerchief tightly in his hands.

"Gulf..." Kao placed his hands on Gulf's hand, and Gulf looked up.

"It's not your fault... It was never your fault. You did enough. Whatever the result is, we can't do anything about it. Maybe it's a sign that God has other plans for you. A better one," Kao said, looking straight into Gulf's eyes. There was no uncertainty in his gaze, only genuine feelings towards Gulf.

"P..." Gulf's eyes widened.

It was the first time someone had told him that it wasn't his fault. All this time, he had thought that Mew didn't love him because he hadn't tried hard enough to make Mew fall in love with him.

Touched by Kao's words, Gulf's body acted on its own, and he wrapped his arms around Kao's neck, hugging the older man.

"Thank you, P. Thank you so much," Gulf said, finally smiling. It felt like he could genuinely smile again since the incident. In that moment, his heart felt warm, and he felt as if all the burdens had been lifted from his chest.

Kao simply smiled and returned the hug. What he said was the truth. He was sure that Gulf had done his best, but the result hadn't been in Gulf's favor. He wondered how anyone could make such a beautiful person cry.

After a few minutes, Gulf let go of Kao. He bit his lower lip, trying to shake off the embarrassment. He never thought he would initiate something like that. It wasn't in his nature to do something so impulsive.

"Sorry again, P," Gulf said, tightening his lips.

"Gulf, you've said sorry many times. You don't have to apologize. I'm glad I could be here for you. You don't have to keep it all to yourself, you know?" Kao sat down next to Gulf.

"Thank you, P..." Gulf smiled.

After all the emotional turmoil, it was past midnight, and Gulf was getting tired from all the crying. Kao offered to walk him back, and he wouldn't accept no as an answer, so Gulf could only nod. In front of the hotel, Gulf turned to Kao. It seemed like he wanted to say something.

"Ummm, P'Kao... about tonight-"

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone," Kao cut Gulf off.

Gulf looked up, but before he could say anything, Kao spoke up.

"What happened tonight is just between you and me. Besides, it's your story and your feelings, so you're the only one who has the right to tell anyone. Not me," Kao smiled at Gulf.

"Thank you so much, P," Gulf felt his cheeks warming up again. Gulf said goodbye to Kao and headed back to his room. As he lay down on his bed, he suddenly remembered what Kao had said to him before leaving.

"Gulf, if you need anything, I'm here."

For the first time in a week, Gulf slept peacefully without shedding any tears. Morning arrived, and Gulf packed his belongings. Before heading to the airport, he went to the beach one last time.

"Thank you, ocean. Wish me luck. I hope the next time I'm here, I'll be happier than before."

Gulf arrived at the airport and found P'Best waiting for him.

"P'Best!"

"Gulf!" P'Best hugged Gulf tightly. He had missed and worried about the young man a lot.

"I missed you, P'Best," they broke the hug.

"Me too, Gulf. How are you?" P'Best looked at Gulf expectantly.

Gulf smiled at P'Best. Although he had shed tears in the past few days, yesterday helped his heart let go of the burden significantly.

"Never better, P,"

TBC