Part 23

Gulf had been on his way to the office when he found himself pondering how to approach Kao, considering they didn't work together that day.

"Gulf,"

Should he text him?

"Gulf,"

But what should he say?

"Gulf!" P'Best called out, bringing Gulf back to reality.

Startled, Gulf turned his head towards P'Best. "Yes?" he replied.

P'Best questioned, "What were you wondering about? I called you three times already."

Gulf quickly reassured him, "It's nothing, P."

P'Best contemplated for a moment before deciding not to pursue it. "Hmmm, fine. I'll believe you this time," he said.

P'Best then changed the topic, saying, "Oh, by the way, I received an email from CH3. They want you to be in a drama. I was thinking of rejecting it, but I thought I should ask you first."

Gulf asked, "Why would you reject it? Is it because of my schedule?"

P'Best shook his head and replied, "No, it's about the genre."

Gulf raised an eyebrow, curious. "What's the problem with the genre?" he inquired.

P'Best slowly stated, "It's a BL drama."

Gulf fell silent, processing the information.

P'Best continued, "But the partner is Kao."

Gulf turned his head, surprised. "P'Kao?" he repeated.

P'Best nodded. "Yes. They said they wanted to ask you first before approaching Kao."

Gulf bit his lower lip, contemplating his response.

Gulf had known that he once said he might never be in a BL drama with anyone else except Mew, but now his perspective had changed. Kao made him feel comfortable, happy, and filled with all kinds of emotions. He knew that Kao would genuinely take care of him without pretending.

After arriving at the office, Gulf suddenly spoke up. "P, do you think I should take up the offer?" Gulf settled down on P'Best's couch.

P'Best joined him, sitting next to Gulf. "I thought you had decided not to take any offers in that genre anymore. What's with the sudden question?" P'Best asked, knitting his eyebrows.

"It's just..." Gulf hesitated, biting his lower lip.

"Gulf, if you believe it's what you want, then go for it. I'm sure it will be fine," P'Best reassured Gulf.

After a few moments of contemplation, Gulf finally made up his mind. He looked at P'Best and said, "I've decided to take up the offer, P."

P'Best's eyebrows furrowed, and he asked, "Are you sure?"

Gulf nodded. It was a difficult decision, but for once, he wanted to follow his heart. He had faith that his fans would understand him.

That night, Gulf finished his last event and was about to text Kao when P'Best approached him.

"Sorry, Gulf. The production team just informed me that Kao rejected the offer," P'Best said.

"What?!" Gulf was taken aback.

Why would Kao reject it? If Kao truly had feelings for him, this offer would have been a perfect opportunity to publicly hold hands or hug.

Gulf tried calling Kao, but there was no answer. Kao had never avoided his calls before.

"P, sorry, but can you go back by yourself? I need to go somewhere," Gulf quickly grabbed his keys.

"Sure. Be careful!" P'Best shouted as Gulf hurried toward his car.

"Find your man, Gulf," P'Best smiled as Gulf disappeared from sight.

P'Best had always been aware of the attraction between the two of them. He knew it all along.

Gulf clenched the steering wheel tightly throughout the ride. He needed to meet Kao.

Gulf had never felt this confused and angry at the same time.

"P!" Gulf approached Kao, who was staring out at the ocean.

Kao turned around and was surprised to see Gulf standing there.

"Gulf? Why are you here?" Kao furrowed his brows.

"Why did you reject the offer?" Gulf went straight to the point.

"What offer?" Kao asked, feigning ignorance.

"Don't pretend you don't know, P. The BL drama. Why did you reject it?" Gulf sounded serious.

He was mad at the fact that Kao had rejected the offer, as if Kao rejected the idea of them being a couple.

"Gulf, I-"

"Do you hate the idea of me being your lover in the drama?" Gulf cut Kao off.

"What? No, it's not that," Kao quickly responded.

"Then are you uncomfortable with me?" Gulf tried hard to hide his wavering voice.

"I am comfortable with you, Gulf," Kao avoided Gulf's gaze.

"Then why? It should be fine for us to act as lovers, right? If you're not uncomfortable, then it's okay for us to hold hands or hug publicly, right?" Gulf furrowed his eyebrows.

"As a fanservice?" Kao looked up.

"Yes, that's what people did nowadays," Gulf stated.

"Then, I don't want to," Kao shook his head firmly.

"Why, P? You've done fan service before, so it should be okay to do it with me," Gulf slowly regained his composure.

"That's the reason, Gulf," Kao spoke up.

"Huh?" Gulf fell silent, confusion filling his mind.

What did Kao mean by that?

Kao let out a frustrated grunt, scratching the back of his neck. He took a step back, clearly grappling with his thoughts.

After a few moments, Kao released a breath and looked up, his eyes meeting Gulf's still silent gaze.

"Let's just end the topic here," Kao said, closing his eyes.

"Fine. Then, don't contact me at all except for work. If you refuse to talk, then so will I," Gulf stated, his tone harsh but resolute.

Gulf turned around to leave but stopped in his tracks when Kao spoke up.

"I don't want to be just a fan service," Kao's voice wavered with emotion.

"What?" Gulf turned back, facing Kao once again.

"I don't want to hold you, hug you, or pamper you just for the sake of fan service, Gulf. I don't want you to interpret my actions as mere fan service," Kao explained.

Gulf was stunned, his mind racing to comprehend what Kao was expressing.

"What do you mean, P?" Gulf asked, his voice filled with curiosity and uncertainty.

Kao closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before locking eyes with Gulf, his gaze intense.

"I love you, Gulf."

TBC