Part 25

Today, Gulf had a full day of workshops for his new drama with his boyfriend.

Boyfriend. The thought brought a smile to Gulf's face.

Yesterday, Kao had confessed his feelings, and Gulf had agreed to become Kao's boyfriend. It was a decision filled with happiness and anticipation.

However, Gulf's good mood was quickly shattered upon arriving at the workshop, thanks to none other than the producer. Partially, Gulf acknowledged it was his fault for not thoroughly reading the script. It was only now that Gulf realized Kao had a love interest in the drama—a loveline.

The workshop proceeded smoothly, if you ignored Gulf's occasional pained gazes directed at Kao's on-screen partner. The focus of the workshop was on Kao's character's love story, which entailed hugging, intense eye contact, and even kisses on the woman's cheek and forehead. The producers had suggested a kiss on the lips, but everyone agreed it was too overwhelming for the first day, settling instead for cheek kisses. Throughout the workshop, Gulf's eyes never strayed from the woman, as if he could make her disappear.

Sighing, Gulf reflected on his initially high spirits, which had now waned.

During the lunch break, Gulf anxiously waited for Kao, only to be met with disappointment. The production team naturally sat together, and Kao sat next to his on-screen partner, focusing on building chemistry between them. Gulf mechanically stabbed at his food, stealing glances at the couple from time to time.

The workshop had ended smoothly, but Gulf's sour mood persisted. However, people around him assumed it was his usual expression, oblivious to his inner turmoil. Gulf sat in P'Best's office, arms crossed over his chest, deep in thought about the on-screen couple.

P'Best took a seat beside Gulf, sensing his discontent. "What's bothering you today?" he asked.

Gulf let out a sigh, straightening his hands. "Nothing, P," he replied, trying to dismiss the topic.

"Gulf, you can't fool me. They might think it's just your regular face, but I can tell when you're in a bad mood," P'Best said, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm fine, P," Gulf insisted, feigning boredom.

P'Best smirked knowingly. "It's because of Kao, isn't it?" he probed.

Gulf's eyes darted away, avoiding P'Best's gaze. "What? N-No," he stammered, his voice betraying him.

"Gulf, your eyes never left him during the entire workshop. I noticed because I kept an eye on you," P'Best stated, narrowing his eyes.

"P, I..." Gulf struggled to find the right words, letting out another sigh.

"Kao is the person you mentioned before, right?" P'Best asked, his tone indicating he already knew the answer.

"Yes..." Gulf nodded weakly, unable to hide anything from P'Best.

P'Best placed a comforting hand on Gulf's shoulder. "Then why were you in a bad mood today? I thought you and Kao were on good terms," he inquired.

Gulf let out a sigh, his voice tinged with frustration. "It's just... When I saw Kao with other people, I couldn't shake this uneasy feeling. I felt neglected when he didn't glance at me, and he even sat next to her during lunch. He didn't even bring me the hot chocolate I ordered today. How could he ignore me like that, P? He always says he's here, but today, it felt like only his physical presence was there, not his attention," Gulf confessed.

P'Best tried his best to hold back a laugh at the sulking boy. "Did you ever consider that maybe you're feeling jealous?" he suggested with a smirk.

"Jealous? No way! I'm not that kind of person," Gulf vehemently shook his head.

P'Best's smirk grew wider. "Well, your actions today seem to suggest otherwise," he pointed out.

Gulf was left speechless. This was the first time he had ever experienced such emotions. It was all new and confusing to him.

P'Best sighed, his tone gentle. "Gulf... Is there something you want to share? I mean, you're not typically a jealous person. Even with Mew, you never showed jealousy off-camera. But today, all your expressions screamed jealousy to me," P'Best said, placing his hands on Gulf's.

Gulf bit his lower lip, contemplating whether he should confide in P'Best. But P'Best seemed to sense his hesitation and offered reassurance.

"But if you feel it's too soon to share, you can tell me another time. I'll be here," P'Best said, his smile warm and understanding.

Gulf smiled gratefully. "Thank you, P," he expressed his gratitude.

As they left the office, Kao's on-screen partner in the drama approached Gulf.

"P'Gulf..." The woman smiled.

"Yes, Nong?" Gulf returned the smile.

Although he was feeling jealous, Gulf reminded himself not to be mad at the woman. After all, it was all part of their work.

"Can I have a selfie with you? I've been your fan since TTTS," the woman asked, clasping her hands in front of her chest and giving Gulf her best puppy eyes.

"Of course, Nong," Gulf replied, his smile widening. He warmed up to the woman, appreciating her support.

"You look so handsome, P," the woman exclaimed, her smile bright. She was truly a fan of Gulf.

Gulf chuckled, finding her childlike enthusiasm endearing. They engaged in conversation, mostly consisting of the woman praising Gulf and Gulf graciously accepting the compliments. Then, the woman tentatively asked if she could pinch Gulf's cheek. Gulf agreed playfully. However, before her hand could reach Gulf's cheek, someone intervened.

"P'Kao," Gulf expressed surprise upon seeing Kao, who appeared to be quite intimidating.

"Nong... It's getting late. You should go," Kao said sternly to the woman.

"Um, I was thinking maybe I could have dinner with P'Gulf," the woman innocently suggested.

"You can't and you won't. You should leave now," Kao replied, his gaze intense. The friendly aura he had earlier in the day had disappeared.

"Oh, okay... I'll be going then, P," the woman quickly left, clearly intimidated by Kao's intense glare.

"P... I thought you had already left," Gulf said, slightly taken aback. Kao narrowed his eyes at Gulf.

"P?" Gulf innocently smiled, feeling like he had done something wrong.

"I need to talk to you," Kao said, taking hold of Gulf's wrist and dragging him toward his car.

"P'Best, I'll drive Gulf back home," Kao informed P'Best as he passed by, still gripping Gulf's wrist firmly.

"Sure," P'Best smirked.

TBC