Part 24

Gulf stood there, staring at Kao in disbelief as the older man confessed his feelings to him.

"P..." Gulf struggled to find the right words. His mind was racing, his heart pounding so fast it felt like it might burst out of his chest.

"I love you, Gulf. At first, I thought it was just a strong liking, but as time went by, I realized my feelings for you ran much deeper," Kao said, taking a step closer to Gulf.

"Why me, P? Why would you love someone like me?" Gulf instinctively moved backward, creating some distance between them.

"You probably don't know this, but I was there when you auditioned for 'Mafia Luerd Mungkorn.' I caught sight of you, and I fell in love. I had never seen anyone as beautiful as you," Kao admitted, taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm his racing heart.

"When I heard you were auditioning for 'TharnType,' I wanted to try as well, but I was scared. What if you misunderstood my actions as mere fan service? When we had the opportunity to work together, I had never been happier upon hearing the news. But your eyes never looked at me; they were always on Mew. I felt jealous of him. It must have been nice for him to have all of your attention. Your gaze never left him, just as mine never left you," Kao's eyes welled up with tears as he spoke.

He struggled to hide the wavering in his voice.

"You may not know this, but I always watched your live events. I would watch every show you were in, even though it pained me to see how close you were to Mew. I watched it all just to get to know you better. I never missed your live shows or events. I watched all your interviews," Kao confessed, his voice filled with raw emotion.

Gulf remained silent throughout Kao's heartfelt revelation.

"Don't you ever wonder why my restaurant only serves your favorite foods? It's because I dedicated this place to you. I removed coffee and green tea because I knew Mew always offered you those drinks. I created this place as a symbol of accepting the fact that you would never love me. When I tried to let go, I unexpectedly met you in Japan. I was furious with Mew. How could he let someone as precious as you slip away? From that day on, I made a promise to myself to never let you go again. I brought you here often, hoping that one day you might realize my feelings for you. I love you, Gulf. I love someone as beautiful, kind, cute, and strong as you. I love someone like you," Kao confessed, his gaze unwavering.

Gulf was stunned by Kao's heartfelt confession. He had never imagined that someone could love him so deeply for such a long time. He had never encountered someone who cherished him as sincerely as Kao did.

Every word that flowed from Kao's lips was filled with genuine sincerity. How had Gulf never noticed someone so genuine and devoted standing right in front of him?

Gulf's eyes welled up with tears, overwhelmed by a mix of emotions. How could he have been so slow to realize his own feelings for the older man? The tears flowed freely down his cheeks, but Gulf didn't mind.

"Gulf? Why are you crying? Is it because of my confession? If it makes you uncomfortable, just fo-" Kao's words were cut off as Gulf pulled him into a tight embrace. Gulf wrapped his arms around Kao's neck, burying his head on Kao's shoulder.

"Gulf?" Kao hesitated, unsure of whether to return the hug.

Gulf then looked up, locking his gaze with Kao's eyes. All he could see in those eyes was pure love and adoration. How had he missed it all this time?

"I... I like you too, P," Gulf's tears continued to flow.

"Gulf..." Kao was stunned, disbelief etched across his face. He had never expected Gulf to reciprocate his feelings. Was he dreaming?

"I'm sorry for never noticing you before, P. If I had, I wouldn't have had my heart broken. You've always been there for me, always knowing what I needed even without me saying a word. I'm sorry for realizing my feelings too late... I'm not sure if it's love yet, but what I do know is that I like you. A lot," Gulf confessed, his voice choked with tears.

The weight of their shared emotions hung in the air as Gulf's tears continued to stream down his cheeks.

"Gulf," Kao hugged Gulf tightly, his own tears flowing without his conscious awareness.

It had been a long and arduous journey for Kao, but finally, the person he had longed for reciprocated his feelings. Though it might not be love just yet, Kao was determined to make Gulf fall for him completely. He vowed never to let go of Gulf again.

They held each other in the embrace for a while, basking in the warmth of their shared emotions. When Gulf eventually pulled back slightly, his hand still rested on Kao's shoulder. They maintained intense eye contact, the unspoken words carrying a weight of their own.

Kao's gaze then focused on Gulf's lips, and he unconsciously licked his own in anticipation. The desire to kiss Gulf overwhelmed him, and he mustered the courage to ask.

"Gulf... Can I kiss you?" Kao's voice trembled with anticipation, his eyes fixed on Gulf's lips. Gulf responded with a gentle smile and nodded in consent.

Finally, Kao's lips met the ones he had dreamt of for years. It was the first time Gulf had been kissed by another man besides Mew, but this kiss held a depth of emotions and feelings that transcended comparison. Tears continued to flow, but neither of them cared, lost in the intensity of the moment. They eventually parted, and Kao leaned his forehead against Gulf's.

"Gosh, you drive me crazy," Kao murmured, closing his eyes and attempting to calm his racing heart.

Gulf chuckled softly at Kao's remark, his own heart brimming with happiness.

Kao had never experienced such nervousness when kissing someone before. Only Gulf had the power to evoke these new and incredible emotions within him. They remained in silence, yet it felt as if the world revolved around them.

"Gulf..." Kao finally broke the silence.

"Yes, P?" Gulf tilted his head, meeting Kao's gaze.

"Will you be my boyfriend? Will you be my partner both on and off-camera, Gulf? I promise to love you as Kao Noppakao, for who I am and not as anyone else,"

TBC