Nikita Jagan (7)

Aru woke up to some shuffling. She sat up and found Aiden rummaging through some boxes.

"Hey" Aru said. He got startled it seemed like, and closed the boxes quick. She frowned. 'Okay? Not suspicious at all?'

'Don't ask Aru' Her inner voice warned. 'Remember where that got you last time'

She knew. So she decidedly changed the subject.

"What time is it?"

"11 am" Aiden said, glancing at his watch. "About 15 hours since you came here"

"9..PM...OH NO!" Aru remembered too late the icecream date her sisters planned. She rummaged through the bedside drawer where her clothes were frantically.

"Woah, what's wrong?"

"Sister date!"

She unlocked her phone-

potatoes🥔🔪💅🔫

6:48 pm

chef-hangry

Aru? helloooo

Death_calls_my_name

Shhhh! she's probably sleeping!

chef-hangry

oh right-

9:07 pm

Thunder_lightning-paradox

guys are u like still up for icecream

Death_calls_my_name

Aru! Icecream is not dinner, and knowing you u did not have dinner yet!! and also, ice cream has sugar in it and has a lot of fat which makes u sleep later!!

chef-hangry

ok.

chef-hangry

anyways, does anyone object?

Death_calls_my_name

guys...whatever sure

Thunder_lightning-paradox

ok lets meet in 20?

chef-hangry

ok cool

"Ok!" Aru said pulling out an olive green sweater that went down mid thigh and black leggings. Yeah, it's not all that different from what she was wearing currently. 'Impeccable fashion Aru' Nikita, her other sister, would probably say. 'It scares off the entirety of the male population! Isn't that amazing?'

'Nikki, that's not nice' Sheela, Nikita's twin would probably say.

As she remembered her little sisters, her heart throbbed. She remembered when Mini, Brynne and her were heading off to college. Sheela was crying and hugged all of us. Nikki was turning away arrogantly.

FLASHBACK START~

"Try not to miss me too much when you're in college" Nikita said.

"I should be saying that to you" Aru joked. "But i'll try not to"

Nikita still had her head turned away, but Aru could see tears glistening there. She frowned. Mini and Brynne were already in the car. She walked over to Nikki and knelt so they were at eye level.

"Nikki look at me" She said gently. "Hey"

Nikki looked at her, tears coming down now.

Aru wiped the tears as she said "Nikki i love you. A lot. A whole lot"

"Imma come every single long break, okay? Every long break."

Nikki fully broke down.

"Aru, I-I don't want you to go" She said, and she hugged her. She cried into Aru's hoodie, and Aru hugged her back. She could feel her own tears behind her closed eyes. They stayed like that for some time before Aru reluctantly pulled back.

"I have to get going, sis" Aru smiled sadly. "Call me okay? Anytime. Even during school hours, I'll pick up. If it means failing to answer your call, I'd do it."

Nikita gave a weak smile and said "Try to pass for me"

"We'll see" Aru laughed.

They hugged on last time and Nikita mumbled into her shoulder: "You're my favorite. Don't tell the rest"

And then she had given her the sweater.

FLASHBACK END~

Aru hadn't even realized she was crying until the tear dropped onto her leggings.

"Aru? What's wrong?" Aiden asked coming over. He knelt in front of her, wiping her tears and brushing her hair back as she did to Nikki a couple months ago.

She felt a weird fluttery feeling and her brain whispered 'aww u like him'

How helpful. Shut up.

"N-Nothing" Aru said standing up and brushing of imaginary dust. "I just-remembered my sister"

Aiden's eyebrows shot up. "Sister? You have one?"

"No. I mean yes, but I wasn't remembering her" Aru said. "I was remembering Nikita. I think you've heard from Brynne?"

"Yeah"

"The memory when we were leaving for college came up" She said. "Anyway, please get lost"

"How mean?" Aiden said jokingly.

"I wasn't joking. Unless you want to see my naked body because I'm about to change my clothes" Aru shrugged. Aiden's face was so red that all other tomatoes should bow down in respect.

"Are you just gonna stand there oorrrr-" Aru said. "I was joking earlier. Even if you stay, I'm still not gonna undress in front of you"

Annddd Aiden was out the door.

She quickly changed, did simple make up, went out.

"Where are you going?" Asked Aiden.

"To the icecream shop with my sisters"

"I'm driving you" He said immediately.

"Uhh no you aren't. Its a 10 min walk from here."

"And a 2 minutes drive. Plus someone could kidnap you"

"As if" She replied. "Kidnap moi? The audacity they have to even think that"

"Your apartment was wrecked today"

"Fair"

I really got the feels while writing this chapter. Like seriously.

what do u think?

~Loife