Stories? Why stories? *insert meaningful speech here* (27)

Aru's pov

Once Mini had finished telling her the story, Aru was grinning ridiculously. She was just so proud of her.

"I actually love you so much. I'm so proud. I mean if you swore I might be more proud, but like you do you, and you still slayed him so" Aru told her. Mini sniffled and smiled genuinely.

"Where are you staying? That is not your house"

"That's because I'm at the twins'. My mom wasn't home" Aru sighed.

"Oh. Well, do you think we can still use your house for the Christmas celebration?" Mini asked worriedly.

"Of course. We'll all just have to stick together."

"If you say so"

"Have you booked your flight?" Aru asked.

"Yeah, I have. I leave in like an hour and I'll reach there in another"

"Okay. Just tell me when you arrive and I can come pick you up with Rudy" Aru waggled her eyebrows at her sister, while Mini blushed severely.

"Oh stop, he could be busy"

"I'd slap him if he didn't agree to come" Aru nodded at her casually. Mini looked horrified.

"What?"

"Love you bye!" Aru blew a kiss to her sister and cut the call.

She checked the time. 9:26 pm. She got her phone and called Rudy.

"He better not be sleeping" Aru muttered.

Rudy: Aru?

Aru: yep. You awake?

Rudy: yeah, college messed up my sleeping schedule. What's up?

Aru: there's a huge change of plans. Mini's coming in like, 2 hours.

Rudy: She is?! What happened?

Aru: not my place to tell you, but I think she will. Let's go pick her up?

Rudy: uh-

Aru: that wasn't a question, let's go pick her up.

Rudy: I was going to say uh, are you kidding, Let's go-

Aru: alright, See ya, snake.

Rudy: you're so mean, bye

Aru cut the call and slipped on her shoes. She got her jacket and headed to the next house. She knocked.

It opened, revealing Aiden.

"Shah? You do know we have a doorbell don't you?" He asked.

"No, actually, I don't. I've never even came this close to your place" Aru reminded him. "Is Rudy ready?"

"No. He's currently trying to figure out what to wear to impress Mini"

"That makes sense." Aru rubbed her temples. 

"Wanna come inside?" He asked, leaning on the doorframe. He had a dark green knitted sweater on and black sweatpants.

"Would that be okay...?" Aru asked, tilting her head.

"I think my mom would still fry me if I still didn't offer for you to come inside" Aiden scratched the back of his neck.

"Uh, I wouldn't want to intrude-"

"Ace-cakes? Who's at the door?" Came a melodic voice from the house. A beautiful woman came into view. She had a spatula and an apron, as if she was in the middle of cooking. Aru recognized her immediately. Malini Acharya. "And who's this?"