Maybe that'll be enough (21)

(Triple update. Make sure you've read 19, and 20)

Aru's pov

Once they all calmed and settled, Aru decided they would leave the next day instead. Starting early morning would be a bit more smart. So Brynne and Hira would share a bed, Aru and Mini would share one in the guest room and then Rudy would be on one couch and Aiden on the other.

Drew drove back but Aru saw he was a bit reluctant. He lectured Aru on taking care of Aiden or something and she was like 'Kay. But who asked?' Instead she asked why her and he just winked.

So now it was 2:32 am and Aru woke up for some water. 

She tiptoed downstairs and headed into the kitchen. She saw Aiden leaning on the railing of the patio, facing towards it, phone in hand. He cut the call and leaned a little more. She saw his side profile and damn it was hot. Sharp. She decided to make her presence known.

She cleared her throat and opened the cupboard to find a glass cup. He startled and looked towards her, still leaning on the railing. The glass door was slid open so he could hear her.

"Hey" She whispered, not wanting to wake up Rudy. She poured the water and walked out to join him. She closed the glass door and sat on the railing. Since the patio was on the first floor of the villa she wasn't scared of falling.

"Uh. Hi" He replied facing back toward the railing. The moonlight light was on allowing Aru to see his expression. His mouth was tugged down in the corners and his eyebrows were slanted down.

"Something on my face, Shah?"

"Just studying your expression"

He quickly turned away. She grabbed his face with one hand and turned it back towards her. She sipped on her water.

"I'm not done yet" She held his face in her hand and she leaned down a little. Only a little because Aiden was tall, and even if she was on the railing, he was still only a few inches shorter.

She took another sip. His face was getting really red and Aru was a little happy to have this effect on him.

"Okay. So you're upset" Aru said, taking another sip and letting go of his face.

"How do you not have morning breath?" Aiden asked, trying to change the subject.

"I didn't actually sleep" Aru shrugged. "Anyway. Why are you upset?"

"Why didn't you sleep?"

"Wifey" Aru said warningly.

"Did you have a nightmare?"

"Aiden!"

"Okay, fine" He mumbled. "That was my mom"

"Oh. What happened? Anything wrong at home?"

"No um" He paused. "She was upset we weren't coming today. And about the apartment."

"Oh."

"She wanted to shift me to another university because I was in danger, but I refused because I had friends here. And then she blamed it on you"

"Me?" Aru asked, surprised.

"Because apparently I like you" Aiden sighed. "I tried telling her it's not true, but you know, she didn't listen. And then she screamed into the phone on how she couldn't lose anyone else to love"

Aru's eyes widened. She remembered his parents were divorced.

"If it helps" Aru started. "I only think of you as a friend" 

'Lies!'

She saw him wince slightly, but she didn't know why. She sipped her water and made a mental note.