Aruciraptor and Brynnasaurus fight (17)

"So" Brynne said. "The Plan A did not go well"

"So what's plan B, Shah?" Aiden asked.

"Wish I knew" Aru shrugged. "After that information about Boo, you know. I need some fresh air"

She got up. 

"Hell no" Brynne said, getting up as well. "You're not safe alone. I'm coming with"

"Fine" Aru said, then she turned to Mini and Aiden. "You two try and come up with suspects, alright?" 

"My brain can't really work properly right now" Aiden said.

"I don't think you had one to begin with" The words slipped out of her mouth before Aru could stop herself.

"Oh yeah?" Aiden asked, laughing. Not warmly. Coldly.

"Yeah. Prove me wrong, I dare you"

"I trust you" Aiden shrugged his shoulders like it was the smartest thing to do.

"And that's how I know you're not smart, Acharya." Aru shrugged back.

"On last name basis now, are we?" He asked, eyes dark and unreadable expression.

"You've always called me by my last name. I don't know why you say 'now'"

"That's why there's the 'we' in that sentence, Shah"

"Snob"

"Troll" He shot back with the corner of his mouth tipped up, almost like a smirk. No way. He was smirking at her. Oh no he didn't-

"Flirting" Brynne said in a singsong voice.

"Brynne, for the love of god, we're clearly arguing. Get your ears checked" Aru said.

"Sure, but I have eyes to see that you both are clearly smiling while arguing" Brynne shot back.

"Okay, you know what? I need fresh air as well" Mini said. "Imma call Rudy"

"Me too" Aiden said. "Because my brain needs a break from arguing with Aru" He said pointedly looking at her.

"At least I have one"

"Okay, we get it!" Mini said loudly. "You both have brains. Get lost, all of you!"

So Aru and Brynne went to the park, Mini went to hang out with Rudy, and Aiden went to catch up properly with Drew and Navdeep.

Aru sighed.

"Do you think we'll find out who did this?" Brynne asked, sitting down on a park bench.

"Of course we will" Aru replied but her tone was unconvincing.

"Maybe..." Brynne said, keeping her gaze on the ground. "Maybe we should call it quits"

"What?" Aru laughed. "What do you mean?"

"Call it quits" Brynne repeated. "Like, drop the investigation"

"Why?" Aru asked.

"If even Boo protested, then maybe..."

"No" Aru said firmly. "No. Boo said something, but I'm still going to go ahead with it. Boo said to never date anyone as well, and look at you and Hira"

"Yeah, but look at you and Arwen!" Brynne said, standing up and raising her voice.

"Don't bring him into this!" Aru raised her voice, standing up as well.

"You know what else Boo said? It was to never get hung up on the past" Brynne sneered. "And look at you"

"Do you even hear yourself right now?" Aru laughed humorlessly. "I'm not hung up on the past. I'm scarred. And you know what else? I thought sisters stick up for each other. Are you really going to break that rule to follow Boo's rules?"