All you have to care about is the present (30)

Aru's pov.

As soon as Aru solved the case, her phone buzzed.

Sherrilyn <3

Aru, you have to get out of here now.

Take the back door and go to the nearest park, call the police.

I believe in you. Take your friends with you.

Aru put her phone down and sighed.

'I believe in you' 

There was that sentence.

Why did everyone have to tell her that?

Kara, her mom, and now Sherrilyn.

Everything happened because of her.

If only she had gave herself to her dad like he wanted, then none of this would've happened.

Her friends didn't deserve all of this.

Mini, who never lied and was pure inside out.

Brynne, who was the strongest person Aru knew, both physically and emotionally.

Hira, who was the kindest soul on the face of Earth.

Rudy, who always made sure she was okay.

Drew, who was like an annoying older brother but in a good way.

And Aiden.

Honestly she didn't know what to think of him.

And she didn't have time either.

"We have to go" Aru burst into the room. "We have to play a game of follow the leader. Which means you. Follow. The. Leader. Got it?"

They looked confused, but nodded.

"Good. Follow me"

Aru led them to the back door. "Aiden, where's the nearest park?"

"There's one if you take a right after this road"

"Alright, that's where we're headed."

They walked to the park. Sherrilyn told her to call the police, but was that really a good idea?

She needed to clear her thoughts.

"You all stay here. I'm going to take a breather"

They all voiced their protests but Aru still walked away. Even if her father found her here, it would be okay. At least no one would get hurt.

She had walked far enough that her friends had become blips of bright colours in the midst of nature's greens.

The sky had turned darker and she saw signs of rain.

Her father had taught her the signs of rain.

Aru would cry if she could. But she had no tears left.

"Shah, wait up!"

She whirled around to face Aiden.

"You can't go alone" He said.

"But I need to be alone"

"I'll be quiet"

"I don't need you right now!" Aru immediately regretted saying it.

And just like a movie, the rain started pouring down and the street lights turned on.

It's funny how times like this works doesn't it?

The stillness of the entire world when you say something you regret immediately.

And how slowly, it turns into a blur of green from the bushes and trees, the navy blue of the darkening sky, and the golden light emitting from the street lights.

And how you feel like the only people living in this moment is you and the person in front of you.

"Have you ever considered what could happen if you do go?" He asked, shouting over the rain.

She opened her mouth to speak, but before she did he spoke. "There are people who care about you, Aru. People who would go through everything for you. People who would die for you!"

"Like who?" She yelled back. They were at least 6 feet apart, and the rain was pouring hard now. Aru's hair was absolutely soaked. She probably should have worn her hair in a braid or ponytail, but she had it down today. She was definitely going to get sick.

"I would!"

They both seemed surprised that he said that.

Both of them were breathing heavily and the rain slid down the back of her shirt but she didn't shiver. She didn't even feel cold.

She felt warm.

"Wh-"

"Listen to me" Aiden took a step forward.

"No-"

"You have to understand-"

"You can't be near me! My dad-"

"I don't care about that right now!"

"You should! Stay away from me!"

"You know I can't do that" Aiden took another step forward. Aru felt her heart beating rapidly. Why was he saying stuff like this?

"Stop saying things like this! I'll misunderstand and think you feel the same way!" Aru's eyes widened. But then she hardened herself. Might as well say it. It's not like it was going to do anything.

"And how do you feel, Shah?"

"I feel like I like you!" Aru looked up and made eye contact. There was only 2 feet between them now, but it might as well have been miles.

It was one of those weird out-of-body experiences for Aru, as if her brain had malfunctioned and she was experiencing things with a lag.

Because suddenly, the two feet that had separated them was cinched closed.

The rain didn't stop pouring, but it was as if sunlight spilled down all over her. She felt a sensational tingle that went from her feet to her head and back down again.

She felt warm, she felt amazing.

She felt like one big dorky grin.

Because she didn't care of what happened before or after that.

She only cared about her right now.

And in her right now, Aiden Acharya was kissing her.

You have no idea how long I have wanted to write this.

No seriously, you don't. I've been wanting to write this since before I started this fic.

This was actually my initial idea for a oneshot. But it gave inspiration to so many things, and I was like, let's make this a fanfic!

I was so excited while writing this, my leg was bouncing up and down the entire time.

I hope this was good, because I've been working on this for a while.

What do you think?

-Loife xx