3/4 of the family reunion complete (31)

(This is the second chapter of the double update, which is why it's short. Make sure you read chapter 30)

The Sleeper's pov.

"Sir! Sir!" 

I looked up sharply. "Yes?"

"News got out! The-"

I get up. "Police are investigating, you say? But Shakhuni is in our ranks."

"Yes sir, but it seems they still are"

I go outside and called Shakhuni.

"Hello?" He asks.

"What did I tell you about investigating the incidents?" I hiss.

"We are not investigating. Opal merely said that to put on a good face."

"Is that so? Hm. Where is my daughter?"

"Um, about that, we don't know" 

"And why is that?"

"Her phone seems to have gone off a couple days ago. It seems to have been broken"

"Smart child. Well of course she is smart, she is one of mine after all"

"No, it is because she is one of mine" a voice behind him said.

"Krithika? You managed to escape" I said without turning around. To sound smart, you should ask less questions and acknowledge the answers.

"Aru is amazing, beautiful and intelligent. She will never end up here" Krithika said, ignoring his previous comment.

"If she's smart, she will end up here"

"No, because she's smart, she probably solved the case by now."

"Ah, and then? She reports to the police and my trusty sidekick, Shakhuni shall tell me"

"If she solved the case, do you really think she's not smart enough to find out Subala is working for you?" Krithika raised her eyebrows.

"She trusts Shakhuni. It will be fine. Plus, I know her, and you have left are all alone too many times"

"Ha, please, as if you are any better than I. You left us both, and took Kara"

"But it is thanks to me that Kara is healthy now" 

"We could have figured it out together. As a family. But now look. You're part of an illegal gang."

"I would like to be family again. Which is why I have asked my subordinates to escort you both here"

"Escort? You mean kidnap?" Krithika scoffed. "And anyway, who said we wanted to be family again? You've killed so many people. I don't want to welcome back a killer"

"Kara wants to be family again. Even though she is not of my blood, her wish is my command."

"What about Aru's wish? Have you ever considered how Aru felt when her dad and sister left, just like that?"

"It was truly unfortunate you couldn't listen to me. If you did, perhaps we wouldn't of separated"

"Sir!" Someone said.

"Yes?" I turned away from Krithika.

"We've gotten ahold of where they are! We interrogated the secretary and she accidentally told us they are in the second floor to the Museum of Indian art and Culture!"

"Sherrilyn" Krithika whispered.

"Well, Kara" I called Kara. "You will be seeing your sister sooner than you thought"

So I wanted to give you a sneak peak on what's going on in the other side.

I had a feeling they might fight over something, so I went with it.

So! Next chapter will or won't be the last chapter. I'm not actually sure, 😅

But fear not. You have five epilogues :)

What do you think? I'm sorry it was short.

Thank you!

-Loife xx