Wait. Uncle Sparky? (20)

Hira's pov

I've always admired Aru.

I mean, how could you not? She's so strong, trustworthy, kind (sometimes), sarcastic, sneaky, smart and is a great leader.

But what I admired the most was her ability to understand and look at a situation from different perspectives.

"Are you okay?" I asked first. I tried to look in different perspectives, like Aru.

I mean, honestly, people always think the victims are the ones who are personally affected by the problem. But the people who witnessed the problem are also victims.

Rudy and Aiden are personally affected since it's their apartment, but Aru has trauma from her's. 

"I guess, not really" Aru said, honestly. "Seeing that, you know, it just..."

"Yeah" I said, understanding. "Did you call the police?"

"No" Aru replied. Her jaw was clenched and I could see her sharp jawline. "I mean, what are they gonna do? Clean it up and not investigate? Boo perhaps gonna protest and convince them to drop it?" She looked outside, giving me her full side portrait.

"Good choice" I responded. "I heard you're going back today?"

"Yeah. Me, Aiden and Rudy" Aru replied. "Are you?"

"Nah, I've been going to school unlike you guys so I have to finish up some work and then I'll go back on the 17th" 

"Okay. So you're heading back with Navdeep?"

I was about to respond, when a black car pulled up into the parking lot. Me and Aru headed outside.

Aru's pov

Aru was having a good talk with Hira, until a black car pulled up. 'Shady...I think I know who it is. And if it is that person, there's no need to go outside.'

Regardless, they went outside.

Drew burst out and tackled Aiden in a hug.

"Bro! I heard what's up!"

"Huh? How? Who told you?"

Aru checked her texting conversation with Drew.

Drew the screw

Hey screw

I mean Drew

You did that on purpose

I'm offended, RuRu

Don't you dare call me that

...

RuRu

Ugh you're so annoying 

Anyway um, Aiden's apartment was kinda wrecked and we don't know how

Where are you guys

Hira's place

Oh 

I'm coming k

"That would be me" Aru said, putting her phone away.

"Yep. RuRu told me" Drew said and Aru groaned.

"Doesn't feel so great does it, RuRu?" Aiden asked her smugly.

"It really doesn't, Wifey" Said Aru, smirking as Aiden scowled.

"Wifey?" Drew asked.

"That, my friend, is a story for another day" Brynne sniggered.

"Where's Nav?" Hira asked.

"He had some work apparently" Drew said, seemingly angry. "I told him to put it aside, but he didn't"

"Let's-let's head inside" Hira offered, catching on to Drew's anger.

"Yeah let's go"

They all headed toward the entrance but Aiden hung back.

"You coming, Wifey?" Aru asked.

"My aunt's friend is calling. Someone called Agni" Aiden said.

"Oh alright. Do you want me to leave?" 

"No stay"

He answered the call, and put it on speaker.

"Hi uncle. Um I'm with my friend so if it could wait..." Aiden said.

"Oh come on, boy. You used this one last time. It's not gonna fool me" Agni's voice boomed through the speaker.

"Wait. Uncle Sparky?" Aru asked. Uncle Sparky was one of Boo's friends. Yes. Another one of Aru's famous nicknames.

"Aru! Oh, is she your 'friend' Aiden?" Emphasizing friend for some reason.

"Yes, my friend"

"Okay, I'll leave you to it. Do you think you can tell Malini hi?"

"You can tell her yourself?" Aiden asked with a tinge of hope in his voice.

"No I can't. After she married your father you know..."

"Okay" He sighed. "Okay. I'll tell her. Bye"

He cut the call and looked down so Aru couldn't see his expression.

"Wifey...? Hey?" Aru asked. He didn't answer.

"Aiden?"

He looked up sharply. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

He seemed to search her face, and then sighed.

"I'll...I'll tell you later"

Aru could work with that. "Okay"

"Okay"

"Let's head inside?" Aru asked, holding out her hand. He took it, then walked quickly so that he was now pulling her.

Again. Short.

Don't come after me.

My summer started so I kinda wanted to enjoy a little and then you know occupy myself with writing or some shit.

What do you think?

I'm putting a lot of references just to keep this what it is: an Aru Shah au.

-Loife