Little pieces of sorrow

Wow. Looking back to that day, a lot really did happen. 

My father had ruined my apartment, out of his own will, tried to kidnap his own daughter, etc etc.

And not just that day, but the few months to come. And yeah, we were all hating everything at that time, but looking back on it, I don't regret living through it or hate it at the least.

So many great memories were made. Aiden becoming a potato. The Great Trip to Atlanta™️. The lessons learned, living with the cousins for a month. So much knowledge acquired. Where my dad and sister was. Why my mom had always left me. Boo's protection.

Everything still lingers in our minds, to this day. Maybe we'll never truly recover from it, but honestly, I know we can move on. We'll strive on, to continue achieving our dreams. We'll strive on, with the will to live.

These days, things happen in the blink of an eye. You might turn around, and a plate falls. Now how did that happen?, you think to yourself. Or perhaps you caught your child, sneaking out. Why didn't I hear the sound of the door?

Senses are mysterious things. They don't work properly under certain circumstances. And you hate that they don't when your crush just complemented your outfit. Or when you were so preoccupied with your phone that you missed the bus.

Just because of those circumstances, I had gotten so lost in my own feelings, I hadn't even began to consider what happened after. But I realized, you don't always have to care about what happened after. Stay in the present. It's okay.

Maybe those days were really the worst for us. It could be, for the rest of our lives. But we treat it as a learning experience. And maybe we could put that experience to good use. There could be great days to come.

But hey, you won't know until you live it all, right?

Lots of love, 

             Aru Shah, esteemed author of 'Here, At The End of All Things', a New York Times Bestseller.