The Flame

"I'm telling you, you have to be the next commander" Roan said as he held the flame between his fingers as Bexley sat quietly with Juno standing behind her chair

"And why should she?" Juno asked with a harsh glare towards the man, they had been going on like this for almost an hour.

"Because she-" roan started but was cut off by Bexley's soft voice.

She looked up at the man, "fine I'll do it and I'll be your second but, nobody and I mean nobody will know because I don't want Azgeda coming for my head" she said softly with a sad smile as her hand ghosted over her stomach.

"Okay that was easier then I thought" he said softly before calling for Gaia who was the next flame keeper, "let's make this quick yeah" Roan stated as the Flamekeeper performs the ascension ceremony, the Flame is quickly implanted into the back of Bexley's neck after Gaia said, 'ascende superius' to activate the Flame before someone comes to stitch up the back of her neck.

Gaia smiles as the ceremony finishes as Bexley looks up to see everyone she smiles back slightly as they hear a knock on the door, "take her to rest" he stated before pulling Gaia off to the side, "No one knows about this, you understand?" Gaia moved to protest.

"But why they will follow her now!" She asked desperately as two guards lightly pull the 17 year old girl up before walking out of the room with Juno behind them.

Roan glared harder, "my people will kill her if they find out! What happened in this room stays in this room!" Roan barked out as a knock came to the door, Roan shot everyone one last glare before leaving the room.

~~

They stop outside of Bexley's chambers as she moved to go inside to rest, she walked over to the bed before flopping onto the bed.

Juno walked over to her bed and laid himself behind her, once he was situated he pulled her into his arms.

🌎⚔️🌏

Bexley looked around the room she was in which resembled much out her old home before she took over the old last leaders home, it was a medical hut.

As she looked around she could see the different viles of medicine and liquid, she glanced around before her eyes met Lexa's.

"Lexa!" Bexley shouted with a big grin that spread across both their faces, the younger girl launched herself forward and tightly squeezed Lexa as silent tears fell.

"I missed you so much! What happened to you!?" She asked trying to keep her voice steady but ultimately failing as a sob racked through her body.

Lexa lightly 'shh' her as she rubbed the girls back soothingly, "I'm happy now- I feel no pain" she said softly as Bex cries softened, "I'm here to help you for how ever long this lasts, and hopefully you won't get suck here" Lexa said with a smile.