155. Turnabout is Fair Play

This chapter is dedicated to tabithatomas and her Puppy, with all my best wishes. This is a bit different from most of the times I post an extra chapter for somebody; this isn't a Patreon reward, but my wedding present to you two. Congratulations, and I wish you a perfect Happy Ever After ending.

"Do you really want to keep on regressing?" Tess asked. She was sprawled out on the sofa now, with Spike beside her, and she couldn't have been happier. Even with all the anxiety caused by the earlier confrontation, she felt like she could see the future ahead of her clearly now. She was safe, and there was no more reason to worry. "I mean... Gabby was trying so hard to convince me that it's... But now she's..."

"She didn't write the books that I saw in Ffrances's office," he said. "It's a therapeutic experience for a lot of people. Especially if you feel under pressure to grow up before you're ready. That fits me, doesn't it? I understand you might be uncomfortable with it, especially finding out why she was acting like that... but for me it really is a welcome break from all the stresses of the world. Is it okay with you if I keep on... being the little girl sometimes?"

"Of course. If it makes you feel so good, it has to be a good thing. But it might be a good idea if we ask Ffrances to make a boy version of that file. I don't think seeing yourself as a girl is such a good idea."

"I guess," he answered. "But she's got so much stuff to deal with now. Keeping an eye on Gabby and everything. I'll ask her when she's been able to relax a bit more. Until then, I really don't mind being a little girl. I mean, at that age could you even tell the difference beyond the clothes? I think a toddler probably doesn't even know that there's a difference between boys and girls. And that's a different kind of liberation. If that makes sense?"

"I don't get it," Tess said with a shrug. "But I guess you're right. And if you can live with being a girl, I don't mind that. Will you still want to be my Daddy? I really have no problem doing that for you."

"Well..." he said. "You know the first time you asked me about regression? You said I could be Daddy, and I assumed that's what you wanted. Gabby told me the same then. Said the reason she didn't want me seeing you was because you really wanted a Daddy to baby you, and she knew you were too nervous to say so. She didn't want you to be... involved with somebody who wouldn't offer what you really want, and she was so convincing. I think Ffrances gave her quite a lecture after that, but we still didn't realise just how deep the lies went. So now, if you don't want to be a baby, I won't ask you to."

"I didn't ask you to compromise," she said. "I asked what you want. I need to know that, before I can suggest a place where we meet in the middle."

"Okay. Well, I want to be the baby when I'm stressed. That's all. But I've seen you regressed, and it really did seem like it gave you a break when you were worrying about stuff. Like when there was something you couldn't actually try to fix."

"Okay, I'll admit that. And the feeling of the hypnotic suggestions... like when I can watch my own abilities and worldview changing... that's a fun thing. That's one thing Gabby might have been right about, sometimes it helps. But it isn't something I'd do for fun. To me, I think I'm more suited to the... the parent role. I mean, when Gabby made me a baby, the only time I enjoyed it really was when I was looking after Ffrances like she's my little sister. The hypnosis intrigues me, and the responsibility makes me feel alive. So that's what I want."

"Your choice," he said. "If you think it's helpful, you could keep listening to your recording. But I don't think your ego is fragile enough to make it an actual need. Okay? We talked now, instead of being too embarrassed. And I hope that means we're completely on the same page."