Chapter 8

The summer passed by quickly for Madeline, she was so excited to go back to Hogwarts and see her friends. She walked downstairs to see her father talking with a guard at the breakfast table.

"Madeline there you are." Her father smiled, 

"Good morning." She grinned, 

"Now that your here, I can tell you the good news!" 

"What's the good news?" She asked, sitting down. A waiter quickly walked over and poured Madeline some juice, as she put some food on her plate.

"Well, I've found a wizard guard!" Her father said, Madeline looked between her father and the guard confused. 

"What?"

"A wizard guard, him and a couple other guards are wizards! Can you believe it?" He said, 

"How?" Madeline asked, cutting her bread with a fork.

"Well, I just asked anyone about that story you told me. The Harry Potter one? I gathered all the guards, asked them if they knew the story and they said they did."

"How nice." Madeline answered, looking up at the guard. He was very tall, he had bright blue eyes, that almost looked like they were glowing under the light. He had a helmet on, that covered his hair, and eyebrows, but Madeline could tell that he had a very large scar, across his right cheek.

"His name is Michael, and we'll be taking you to Diagon Alley today after breakfast." 

---

"I have some business to take care of in Gringotts. You and Michael can go school supply shopping alone." William said, Michael nodded.

"Yes, your Majesty," he said, William nodded before telling them to meet them at the bookstore in two hours before he left.

"I don't understand why he had to wear his crown in Diagon Alley." She said, watching her dad walked away, some people looked over their shoulder at him. Michael chuckled quietly under his breath as he watched her pull out her Hogwarts letter that had arrived earlier that morning.

"So, Mum says I should get some new robes. Let's go there first." She told him, he nodded, following her as she started walking up the streets of Diagon Alley.

"So, did you go to Hogwarts?" She asked him, 

"Yes. I did, I finished around five years ago." He answered,

"Really? Why did you decided to come work at the castle?" She asked, as she looked up at him, as Michael scanned the crowds of people watching them. 

"It was just what I liked best." He shrugged, Madeline felt like he was hiding something, even if she was just 12 years old, she could tell.

"What house were you in?" She asked.

"Slytherin. What about you?" 

"I'm in Slytherin too." Michael smiled as he held the door open for Madeline to the seamstress shop. They were greeted by an employ putting a halt to their conversation.

---

"Okay, we just have to get the books now, and it's been two hours so Dad should be there by now." Madeline said, Michael nodded as he held a couple of her shopping bags in his hands, the only thing Madeline was carrying was her wand, and Hogwarts letter, and one was useless until she turned 17.

Madeline opened the door, and Michael followed her in. She scanned the crowds hoping to see any of her friends, but they weren't there. 

"I'll go get the books by myself." Madeline told her,