Chapter 23

"I don't understand why I can't come with you" Elijah said, crossing his arms over his chest, as he stood in front of the Slytherin common room not letting the group of friends pass without an explanation.

"You're a first year!" Madeline exclaimed.

"But you're my sister! You could watch me!"

"I'm not watching you and your hundreds of friends!" Madeline countered; Elijah pouted.

"Can we go?" Malfoy signed,

"Will you give me a minute?" Madeline muttered, glaring at him over her shoulder.

"I've given you ten minutes." He snapped; she exhaled loudly through her nostrils.

"Elijah, if we stay any longer, you're going to make us late for our trip." Madeline said, putting a hand on her brother's shoulder.

"Okay," he said, his shoulders sagging sadly.

"Look, I'll bring you something back with me, okay?" Madeline said, he perked up nodding.

"Yes, yes okay!" He said, rocking on his heels excitedly before hugging his sister and rushing back to the Hufflepuff common room.

"Finally!" Malfoy said,

"Shut up," Madeline shook her head at him, before the group walked upstairs to the front of the castle, where they were going to meet the rest of the 3rd years. Madeline spotted Harry talking to Professor McGonagall who shook her head, looking at Harry apologetically. Harry turned around looking defeated.

"Harry," Madeline said, walking away from her friends, and up to him. Draco watched her go up to Potter, not listening to what his friends were saying about the trip.

"Hi Madeline." Harry said, forcing a grin on his face.

"Are you coming to Hogsmeade?" She asked, he shook his head.

"No, my uncle didn't sign the slip, so I'm not allowed to go."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Madeline said, Harry shrugged.

"What are you going to do now?" 

"Not sure, probably go see Professor Lupin for a little and then go do some homework or something." Harry said.

"Well, do you want some company?"

"What?"

"I don't mind skipping the trip I could stay with you," 

"What!" Draco shouted, Ayer turned around looking at him confused, putting a hand on her hip, signing. 

"What is it?" 

"You can't skip Hogsmeade for him!" Draco said, pointing a finger at Potter, who glared at Malfoy.

"Why can't I?"

"Because-because we we're all supposed to go together!" Draco said, gesturing to Blaise, Daphne and Thoe.

"Malfoy, I don't think it's a big deal-"

"It's alright Madeline," Harry said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"As much as I would like you to skip, I shouldn't ask. You go have fun, and we can hang out a different day." Harry said, Madeline nodded looking at the ground.

"Yes, I'd like that," 

"Why? He's gross," Draco asked,

"Daphne," Madeline hissed,

"Come on, Draco." Daphne signed grabbing his arm and trying to pull him away.

"Come on now, 3rd years!" Professor McGonagall shouted, Madeline waved goodbye to Harry and walked back to the group of third years students who were setting off to Hogsmeade.

---

The group of friends climbed into the carriage, Blaise sat down next to Madeline but was pulled by his collar away from Madeline, and Malfoy forced himself in the seat next to her.

"Ow," Blaise said, rubbing his neck, but was ignored as Draco turned to look at Ayer.

"What?" Madeline asked, her eyebrow rising in annoyance.

"You can't hang out with him," Draco said, crossing his arm over his chest, and glaring at Ayer.

"And who are you to tell me why I can't hang out with him?" Madeline asked, crossing her arms over her chest, mocking the way he was sitting. Malfoy rolled his eyes, letting his arms fall to his lap.

"Because-because-"

"The only person who can tell me what to do is me, so shut up." Madeline said, putting one leg over the other.

"I need to tell you what to do because you can't go out with him! He's an idiot!"

"I don't understand why you care so much about this Malfoy-"

"Well, I don't want to see a Slytherin with some lousy Potter who has no self-respect-"

"ENOUGH!" Daphne shouted, slamming her hands on the seat of the wooden carriage, making Draco and Madeline jump.

"You two are always fighting, everyday! Every minute! Every second!" She shouted, the two of them scooted lower in their seats, looking at the ground.

"We're all sick of it! Blaise, Theo, and I are tired! It's been two years of fighting, please just have it be peaceful for once!" Daphne begged,

"It's not my fault-"

"He's a pig-"

"She's a mudblood-"

"He's a Pureblood jakass-"

"She likes Potter horrible taste in men-"

"Look at his hair-"

"My hair!"

"Stop!" Daphne shouted, as the carriage pulled into the Hogsmeade station, several students were hopping out of there carriages, but the Slytherin's didn't get up. Blaise and Theo glanced at each other nervously.

"You two will spend the rest of the day together." Daphne announced.

"No!" The two shouted, Daphne shook her head, as she stood up.

"You two need to be friends-"

"He calls me a mudblood every day or every hour more like it." Madeline muttered, as Blaise and Theo looked over the carriage, wondering if they should jump out.

"Well, Draco's going to stop calling you that are you Draco?" Daphne asked,

"No-" Daphne smacked him over the head.

"You did it for a couple weeks last year you can do it again," Daphne hissed, put her hands on her hips and glaring at him.

"Fine," He muttered, Madeline smirked at him.

"Oh, don't go smirking at him, you also need to stop yelling at him-"

"I only yell at him when he's yelling at me which is always-"

"End of discussion! You two are going to spend the rest of the trip together, and we'll see you back here at the end of the trip." Daphne said, before marching down the carriage with Theo and Blaise right behind her. Madeline shook her head as she got off the carriage, watching her three friends leave her alone with Malfoy of all people.