Chapter 25

"Now, was that so hard?" Daphne asked Madeline and Draco later that night in the Gryffindor common room after dinner.

"Oh, it was dreadful." Madeline smirked, Daphne narrowed her eyes at them.

"Ten galleons says that Daphne's going to murder them both by morning." Theo whispered to Blaise, as they sat on the ground playing wizard chess.

"Oh please I give it midnight." 

"Deal," They shook hands before contuing there game.

"It was tolerable, my arms are still sore." Draco shrugged, picking at a theard that was lose from one of the throw pillows. 

"Good, that's a start," Daphne grinned, as she sat down between them on the couch, as the Slytherin wall slid open, and Professor Snape walked in.

"Slythiern's, the Gryffindnor common room's portriat, the fat lady, has been attacked by Sirius Black. Professor Dumbeldore has asked all the students to gather there, and spend the night in the great hall. We will all meet there."

"But professor-" Sevearl students shotued.

"No but's, everyone will meet there shortly." Professor Snape said, raising his hand to silence his students. All the Slytherin's stood up and went to change into there pajamas, looking very annoyed.

---

"What are you doing?" Madeline asked Malfoy as he laid his sleeping bag between hers and Daphne.

"Pansy's coming over with her sleeping bag, and I don't want to get stuck next to her all night." Draco explained,

"Why can't you go sleep next to Theo and Blaise?" She asked, as she pulled her knee's up to her chest.

"Because they unfortantly got stuck between Crabbe and Goyle," He said, pointing towards the group, Madeline looked over her shoulders, seeing Blaise and Theo squished together by Crabbe and Goyle, looking terrified as they scooted closer together. 

"Draco!" Pansy said, coming over with her sleeping bag in hand. She glanced at Madeline, her lip curling in disguist, before landing back on Draco.

"What do you want Pansy?" He asked her, sitting down on the sleeping bag.

"I was wondering if you wanted to sleep next to me," She said, Draco shook his head quickly.

"There's no space." 

"I'm sure that the Mudblood could move to the back-"

"She's not doing that," Draco said, narrowing his eyes at Pansy.

"Oh, I'm sure she could, it'll just take a second-"

"I said no Pansy, now go back to your spot. There's no room here, and quiet honestly I don't want to sleep next to you." He said, Madeline pursed her lips not to grin, as he lifted the blanket, and slid inside his sleeping back. Pansy's shoulders sank as she ducked her head, and walked back to where she was sleeping originally.

---

"Should we wake them?" Madeline heard someone say.

"Aw, but they look so cute," 

"I swear I never thought this day would come," 

"They spend one day together at Hogsmeade and suddenly we find them like this?" Madeline was now more confused then ever, her eyes fluttered open looking around. She felt her back against something solid, her head was resting against someone's arm, and there arm around her waist.

"What's going on?" She asked, before she looked over her shoulder, and came face to face with Malfoy. Malfoy's eyes were closed, the back of his head was against the cold floor, not even on the pillow, his mouth was parted open, and he was making small snoring noises. His hair was draped over his forehead.

Her eyes went wide, her face becoming bright red. She rolled over and away from Malfoy, who stirred once he felt her rolling away. Madeline looked up at her friends, who all started laughing.

"Why-how?" Madeline sturred,

"We should be asking you that, young lady! We woke up and we found you two cuddling." Theo teased, as Madeline sat up.

"Why are you four yelling?" They heard Malfoy's voice say, as he sat up rubbing his back.

"Did you sleep well Draco?" Blaise chuckled, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Surprisingly yeah, I don't know if it's sleeping on the ground of something, but I've never slept better. What's wrong with you?" He nodded towards Ayer, who stared at him in disbelief.

"I-um-nothing." She muttered,

"You really don't remember sleeping-" Madeline through her pillow at Blaise, it hit his face, making him laugh even harder.

"I'm going to the common room!" She suddenly said, jumping to her feet, and ignoring the strange looks Draco was giving her.