Chapter 7

Christmas break was over before Madeline knew it and she was back at Hogwarts. She sat in the library trying to study for potions. There was a loud bang and looked up seeing Harry Potter had dropped a couple books on the ground. He signed, before looking up and smiling at Madeline.

"Want some help?" She asked, standing up and walking over to him. 

"No, it's alright." He said, but Madeline leaned down anyway, and helped him.

"Thank you," Harry said, as they stood up.

"You're welcome. What are you studying for that needs this many book anyway?" She asked, as she read the cover of the one on top. Dragons and their wonder. 

"Dragons?" She asked, Harry shrugged.

"Just interested, what about you? What are you studying?" He asked,

"Potions, I'm dreadful." She signed,

"I'm sure your better than I am." He said, making Madeline laugh.

"I don't think so." She said,

"Well, you can sit with me if you want. My table is very empty." She joked, thinking that the books in Harry's hands were getting heavy.

"Sure, I don't have anything to do." He said, they walked over to her table, Madeline sat across from Harry.

They spent the rest of the day, chatting quietly in the library before it was dinner time and they decided to pack up their things, and head to the great hall.

"Well, I didn't like riding a broomstick, I thought it was quite scary." Madeline said, once they got onto the topic of quidditch.

"Really? I think its quite fun, once you get used to the flying part." Harry said, Madeline shrugged.

"Wait have you actually ridden a broomstick?" He said, just remembering that there flying lessons were interrupted.

"Well no." Harry started laughing.

"So, how can you claim not to like it, if you've never tried it."

"It looks scary." She answered, shrugging.

"Well, I'll give you a flying lesson one day, and you'll see how much fun it is." Harry said, Madeline shook her head.

"Never, I will never ride a broom, or let you teach me how to ride a broom." Madeline said as they walked into the great hall.

Draco looked up seeing Ayer with Potter. She laughed, as he said something, something probably stupid, Draco thought. As he watched her waved goodbye to Potter and walk to the Gryffindor table.

"You were hanging out with Potter?" Draco said, as she sat down next to Daphne.

"Yeah?" She said, confused.

"Why?"

"Why are you asking?" She countered, making Draco glare at her.

"I'm just wondering! I can't wonder?"

"No, you can't." She said,

"You know, I'm not even surprised, the boy who lived and the princess? What could be better than that? huh?" Malfoy asked, Daphne looked at him, intrigued wondering why Draco was getting red and angry.

"Malfoy your blowing this out of proportion, we just met in the library and started talking." Madeline said, rolling her eyes, but Malfoy still did not look convinced, but decided to drop the topic when Ayer turned her attention to Daphne.

---

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the House Cup needs awarding. And the points stand as thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor with three hundred and twelve points. Third place, Hufflepuff with three hundred and fifty-two points. In second place, Ravenclaw with four hundred and twenty-six points. And in first place, with four hundred and seventy-two points, Slytherin House." The Slytherin house started cheering and looking triumphantly at the other houses.

"Nice one, mates," Malfoy said,

"Yes, yes. Well done, Slytherin. Well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And, I have a few last-minute points to award." Slowly the grins on the Slytherins dropped, looking at each other worriedly. 

"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect when others were in grave peril, fifty points." The Gryffindor's started cheering.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, fifty points." There were more cheers for the Gryffindors.

" And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor House sixty points." 

"There tied with us." Daphne said,

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies. But a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom." The cheers could be heard outside the great hall.

"We won!"

"We did it!"