Chapter 77

They got on the train a minute before it started moving. Madeline and Elijah waved goodbye to their guards, as the train started moving faster, and faster, and their guards were too far to see.

"I'm going to go find my friends. I'll see you when we get there yeah?" Elijah said, Madeline nodded. 

"See you," she said, before she walked to the back of the train. She spotted little first year girls poking their heads out as she passed. She smiled, waving, the girls gasped and jumped back into the compartments. Madeline chuckled under her breath.

"Hello," Madeline said opening the compartment door to where her friends were.

"Madeline! We thought you might have missed the train." Daphne said, hugging her best friend.

"I almost did, Dad wanted to have a meeting with me." Madeline said, as she sat down next to Draco.

"About what?" Draco asked,

"He wanted to pull me out of Hogwarts. He thinks it isn't safe." Madeline said, 

"He might be right. It's not safe for you." Draco said, Madeline shook her head.

"Not you too, please Draco. I want to spend this year with you, with all of you guys." She said.

"What did you tell him?" Blaise asked,

"That I'll be okay since there's so many people here that can protect us." Madeline answered, Draco looked away from her, staring out the window. 

"I hope you're right Madeline." Theo said, Madeline nodded.

"I hope I am too." 

"Okay, stop let's talk about something better. How did your guy's owl results turn out?" Daphne asked, the group talked about their successful owl results, and being able to take the classes they wanted before there compartment door slid open, and a first-year girl walked in.

"Is Princess Madeline Ayer and Blaise Zabini here?"

"I'm Princess Madeline and that's Blaise." Madeline said, the girl's hands were shaking as she handed them her envelopes, and rushed out of the compartment, shutting the door behind her. Madeline opened the envelope, with Draco reading over her shoulder.

Dear Princess Madeline Ayer,

I would be delighted if you joined me for a bite in compartment C. 

Sincerely, 

Professor H.E.F Slughorn.

"Whose Professor Slughorn?" Madeline asked,

"No way, Professor Slughorn? How come I didn't get a letter?" Draco asked, 

"Who is this man?" 

"He's this professor that hand picks wizards and witches to join his club. They always end up becoming very successful in the future." Draco explained,

"Well, I don't want to go have lunch with him." Blaise said, 

"I don't think we have much of a choice. Let's go Blaise." Madeline said, standing up. Blaise followed her lead, standing up. 

"We'll be back soon," Madeline said, the two walked out, Blaise shut the compartment door behind them. They walked to compartment C, wondering what this man wanted from them.

Madeline opened the compartment door, stepping inside. There were already a couple of people inside the compartment. Madeline wondered how everyone was going to fit. There were two tall seventh year boys squashed in the corner where Professor Slughorn was. A Gryffindor boy that Madeline had seen around but never remembered his name. and Ginny Weasley sat opposite to him.