Chapter 74

Getting outsmarted by Longbottom was not what Draco thought was going to happen when he followed Professor Umbridge. He got off the floor, whipping the dirt off his clothes. Blaise and Theo followed his suit, whipping the dirt off their clothes.

"Well, that was fun." Theo muttered, as they heard someone running towards the office. Daphne ran in her eyes wide and crazy as she looked around the room. Her hands covered in red... paint? Draco thought.

"Daphne what the hell happened?" Theo asked, rushing towards her.

"Where is she? I'm going to kill her!"

"Where's who?" Draco asked.

"Parkinson!" Daphne spit out. She looked around the room, seeing her on the ground near Professor Umbridge's desk. Daphne ran up to Parkinson, grabbing her by the hair, Parkinson screamed as Daphne pulled her up.

"Woah! What's going on?" Blaise asked, trying to pry Daphne's fingers from Parkinsons hair.

"Oh, why don't you ask Parkinson! She's the one who's supposed to be in the hospital wing!" Daphne shouted,

"Daphne who's in the hospital bed?" Draco asked,

"Madeline! Madeline's in a hospital bed after she was attacked by that pug! Her head bloody cracked open!" Daphne shouted; Draco froze turning towards Pansy.

"What?" He said, as Parkinson stood up she nervously walked backwards trying to put some distances between herself and the four angry friends.

"She cracked open Madeline's head! She did it right in front of me!" Daphne shouted, she tried to run at Daphne, but Theo grabbed her by the waist, trying to hold her back. 

"When did this happen?"

"Five minutes after you left! Whose blood do you think is on my hands Draco? It's Madelines!" Draco walked to Pansy, grabbing her by the throat. 

"Why?" He hissed.

"It was an accident; I didn't know it was her!" Pansy cried; Draco shook his head.

"Don't fucking lie to me Parkinson." He said, tightening his grip around her throat.

"I didn't do it," She hissed, Draco shook his head. 

"You're such a fucking liar!" Draco shouted,

"Leave it Draco, we should check on Madeline," Blaise said, Draco ran his tongue across his teeth before letting Pansy go.

"Just so you know, if you go check on her, I'll tell your father you're secretly seeing her." Pansy whispered, as she rubbed her neck. Draco took his wand out, turned around, and aimed it at Pansy. She flew back, hitting the wall and falling to her knees. The air was knocked out of her lungs, she sat coughing on the ground.

"I don't care anymore Pansy, I'm done hiding. I love Madeline and I can't take hanging out another fucking second with you." Draco shouted, before they left Pansy in the room still sputtering.

---

Madeline's head was pounding, she opened her eyes, slowly moving her head from side to side.

"Madeline?" Draco said, she looked over at him. Her friends were huddled around her bed. 

"What happened? The last thing I remember is you guys leaving to help Professor Umbridge," Madeline asked, she slowly sat up, there was a sharp pain in her head, she grabbed her head, wincing.

"Be careful," Daphne said, 

"Pansy attacked you." Blaise explained, Madeline signed.

"Of course she did, how long do I have to stay in here?" Madeline said, Draco examined her. Madeline her forehead had dried blood on it, the bandage was wrapped tightly around her head, there were still daisies from this afternoon that were stained red. He plotted Parkinson's murder in his mind. 

"Oh Ms. Ayer your awake. How are you feeling? Here this is for your head, it'll help stop the pain. I want to keep you in here for one more night to make sure you're completely okay." Madam Pomfrey said, walking up to the group, she handed Madeline a cup filled with a purple liquid in it. 

"I'm okay, there's some pain in my head though," Madeline said, Madam Pomfrey nodded.

"I want you guys to leave now, Ms. Ayer needs her rest." Madam Pomfrey said,

"But-" Draco muttered but Madam Pomfrey shook her head.

"I'm sorry Mr. Malfoy, she needs her rest. You can visit her in the morning." Madam Pomfrey walked away without another word. 

"It's okay guys, I'll see you guys in the morning. I don't even feel like talking much." Madeline said, the group nodded, Draco kissed Madeline goodbye before the group left. She laid back down on the bed, shutting her eyes. Her head was still hurting.

---

She could hear a lot of people being brought in the hospital wing. Madeline opened her eyes, sitting up. Potter and his friends, including, Longbottom, Lovegood, and Ginny Weasley were laying on a bunch of different hospital beds. Professor Umbridge was also here, laying on a bed on the opposite side of the room.

They all looked like they had faced death and come back, bloody and bruised, and dead asleep. Madeline laid back on her bed, wondering what the hell happened to them.