Chapter 10

"You know what tomorrow is?" Malfoy asked the group Friday night, as they sat in the Slytherin common room on a table near the fireplace, trying to finish their homework before the weekend.

"Saturday?" Theo said, Malfoy rolled his eyes, putting his quill down as he leaned back and stretched in his chair.

"No! It's the first day of my quidditch practice." Malfoy said, proudly.

"You got on the quidditch team?" Madeline asked, Malfoy nodded.

"But we didn't even have try outs." Daphne said, confused.

"Well, you see Flint just knows how great I am at quidditch, so he let me on." 

"Why do I think that's not true." Daphne said,

"It's not. His dad bought the whole team brooms." Theo shrugged,

"Not just new brooms. The best quality, the Nimbus two thousand and one!" Draco said, Blaise, Theo, and Daphne nodded pretending to be impressed but Ayer just shrugged.

"What is it Ayer? Do you not have enough money to buy brooms for a quidditch team?" Malfoy asked, smirking. Madeline chuckled under her breath before looking up at him.

"Malfoy I could buy every single student and teacher at Hogwarts the best quality brooms, and it wouldn't even dent my funds." She said, before picking up her quill again and starting her homework again. Malfoy's face went scarlet, as his friends chuckled.

"Well, brooms aren't that expensive anyway." He said, looking down at his homework. 

---

That next morning, Madeline walked down to the Slytherin common room, quite early, she was struggling to fall back asleep once she got up.

"What are you doing up?" She heard someone say, she turned around seeing Malfoy in his new quidditch robes, his new broom in hand sitting on the couch. His broom rested against the couch; Malfoy clearly wanted to show it off. 

"Even though it's none of your business, I couldn't sleep." Madeline answered, Malfoy smirked.

"I'm having my first quidditch practice, you wouldn't really know what quidditch is since you're a mudblood." Malfoy said, Madeline shrugged as she sat down on the chair next to his couch.

"I didn't ask." 

"Malfoy!" An older boy shouted, Malfoy and Madeline turned around seeing Marcus Flint, wearing the same quidditch robes, and new broom in his hand. He glanced at Madeline, who grimaced as she looked at him, she thought Flint looked like the troll Harry and Ron had saved her from last year.

"Let's get down to the quidditch field." Flint said, Malfoy jumped up on his feet, excitedly following Flint outside. He turned to Madeline just as the common room wall slid open.

"If you wanted to come and see how you play a real sport, you should come down to the field." Malfoy said, before he walked out of the room with his quidditch captain. Madeline rolled her eyes, looking over at the fireplace. 

After ten minutes she decided to go down to the quidditch field, not because Malfoy wanted her to, but because she was bored. The wall slid open, and Madeline walked upstairs, and out to the Hogwarts grounds. It was a bit of a walk to the quidditch field, and by the time she got onto the field, she saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione running past her and to Hagrid's hut. The Gryffindor quidditch team storming off the pit. 

"Malfoy!" She shouted; Draco turned around smirking when he saw Ayer walking up to him.

"So, you did decide to come watch a real sport." Draco said, Ayer shrugged.

"I was bored, and I wanted to see if you could actually play or if your dad just bought you a spot." Draco scowled at her, gesturing to the stands.

"Go sit over there and watch Mud blood." He muttered,

"I'm only going there because there's no other place to sit, not because you told me too." Ayer said, making him chuckle under his breath. She walked over to the stands, huffing as she sat down. 

She watched as Malfoy got on his broom, and Flint let a shiny gold ball that flew so fast no one knew where it had gone. Malfoy jumped on his broom and started flying around the quidditch field. 

"This is boring." Madeline said, as Malfoy flew near her, he ignored her scanning the stands. instead.

"I mean what are you even doing? Playing hide and seek with a ball?" She asked, Draco signed.

"If you must know-"

"I really must." She smirked,

"Well, I have to find this ball," he said,

"Why?"

"Because it's worth 150 points."

"Why is it worth 150 points?" 

"Because it's really hard to find, and once you find it the match is over." Malfoy explained, Madeline shrugged.

"You went to the matches last year; you didn't find those interesting at all?" He asked, Madeline shrugged.

"I mean I guess it was okay."

"This is why you're a mudblood, because you don't like quidditch." Malfoy said, as he stretched his hands over his back.

"That doesn't even make any sense."

"Lies-"

"DRACO GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE AND LOOK FOR THE SNITCH!" Flint shouted,

"ALRIGHT!" Draco shouted, before flying away from Ayer and looking for the snitch again.

Once the practice was over, Madeline headed down to breakfast as Malfoy went to go shower and change before joining their friends. Once she entered the great hall, she saw Daphne, Blaise, and Theo already eating breakfast.

"Hey Madeline, where have you been?" Daphne asked,

"I watched the Slytherins train." 

"Why?" Theo asked, that was the last place he expected Madline to be at.

"Cause I was bored, and Malfoy said I should come down and see a real game." Madeline said, shaking her head.

"So did you find it interesting?" Daphne asked, Madeline shrugged.

"It was okay, I've never been a big fan of sports. I found it boring." She said, as she put some eggs on her plate.

"Draco and Madeline hanging out? Someone pinch me." Blaise said, Theo grinned pinching his arm.

"OW! That was a metaphor you idiot!" Blaise shouted, as he jumped rubbing his arm.

"I know,"