Chapter 34

They walked up several flights up from the bleachers with the two ministers leading the way. Finally made it up to the minister's box, with their guards in the seats behind them. People were passing by staring at the three royals, and two minister. Madeline sat down next to her father, smiling at the people passing by.

"Madeline your up here?" Harry said, as he walked in with the Weasley's. Mr. Weasley shook her father's hand enthusiastically for the second time today.

"Yes, we were invited by the minster." Madeline said, gesturing to her father, who was rubbing his hand.

"Oh, where are you guys staying? Do you mind if I come see-"

"Move along, Harry. We've got to get to our seats." Mr. Weasley said, cutting Harry off. He was sitting several seats away. He waved goodbye to Madeline before walking away. Mr. Weasley stopped to shake her hand, making her laugh as he excitedly told her he had been interested in her family for years, before sitting down next to his children.

"Mr. Malfoy!" Fudge shouted, Madeline turned her head, seeing Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy, and Draco Malfoy. Malfoy's eyes were already on her but when she looked over, he looked away, staring at his feet.

"Ah, Fudge," said Mr. Malfoy, holding out his hand as he reached the Minister of Magic. His eyes slid over to the Ayer's and Weasley's. Madeline could clearly see the disgust written on his face, but the Minister never noticed.

"How do you do?" Fudge said. 

"And allow me to introduce you to Mr. Oblansk - Obalonsk - Mr. - well, he's the Bulgarian Minister of Magic, and he can't understand a word I'm saying anyway, so never mind. And let's see who else-Ah King William, you do remember him of course? You had them over for dinner."

"Of course. Who could ever forget the muggle king?" He said, filled with bitter but Fudge didn't notice.

"Lucius has just given a very generous contribution to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. He's here as my guest." Fudge said, gesturing to the Malfoy's. 

"How kind. I also just gave a donation, to every department too." William said, they could notice Mr. Malfoy's ego deflate.

"Ah, yes. We would love to thank you again, your majesty. It's more than we could have dreamed for." Fudge said, he was about to put a hand on his back but stopped once he spotted Jackson taking his wand out. 

"It was my pleasure of course."

"Well, we better sit down. The match is going to start soon." Mr. Malfoy said, William nodded, as they passed, but the only seats left were next to the Ayers. Draco quickly sat next to Madeline before his mother or father could protest, there was no way they could switch seats with the game being so packed.

He looked over at Madeline, the corner of his lips being curved up into a smile, she studied him, noticing he had grown taller, his hair had grown longer, that now it was almost touching the tips of his eyebrows but still parted down the middle. He mouthed, hi, and she smiled at him, looking down at the match. 

"Everyone ready? Minister - ready to go?" A man with blond hair, a very round face, and bright blue eyes asked.

"Ready when you are, Ludo," Fudge said, as he sat down. Ludo whipped out his wand, muttering a spell before placing it against his throat.

"Ladies and gentlemen. . . welcome! Welcome to the final of the four hundred andtwenty-second Quidditch World Cup!" Ludo shouted, Madeline got comfortable in her seat, putting her hand against the side of the chair. Then suddenly, without even blinking Malfoy moved his hand, so casually no one would have noticed that the back of his hand was touching the back of Madeline's. 

Madeline never really paid attention to the match, all she could think about was the fact that Malfoy's hand was touching hers, and it was making her heart race, her stomach was filled with a nervous feeling. 

The match was over before Madeline even noticed, she didn't really know who had won, or cared to know. Soon they were being ushered out of the boxes and saying goodbye to everyone there.

---

"Are you sure about this?" Draco heard his father ask Dolohov, as he sat in the kitchen eating a late-night snack. He pretended not to be interested as he picked up a newspaper, his eyes scanned over the words but wasn't reading them.

"Oh please, let's have some fun! It's been years since we've put the masks on. No one will know it's us, grab the muggles in the campsite, grab the king and princess, mess around with them a little and no one will know." Dolohov said, picking up an old creepy mask, that had a very pointy tip.

"Hm, I guess. Go tell the other's and I'll join you outside." Mr. Malfoy said, Dolohov nodded, smiling at Draco before walking out of the tent. Draco noticed as his father stood up, leaving the mask on the table, and went to the bathroom.

Draco sat there, staring at his hands thinking about Madeline getting grabbed by his father and the other death eaters. Fear filled his body thinking about what they would do with her, before he knew it, he slipped on his shoes, and walked out of the tent. 

He didn't know which tent was hers, but it didn't take long to notice the grandest tent in the felid. Michael and Jackson stood guard outside, Michael raised his eyebrows at Draco confused as he jogged up to them.

"Draco? What's wrong?" Michael asked, shoving his wand in his pocket, and taking the few short steps to Draco, he grabbed him by the shoulders, examining his face and body for any injuries. 

"They're going to try to attack Madeline." 

"What?" Draco noticed Jackson taking a few steps closer to them.

"Some death eaters, I heard them talking about an attack, you guys need to go now." Draco said,

"Are you sure?" Michael asked, he nodded.

"I heard them, you have to get her out of here." Michael nodded, looking over his shoulder at Jackson, who quickly ran inside to wake everyone up.

"I better get going, Dad was in the bathroom when I ran out." Draco said, Michael hesitated not wanting Draco to go back to their father.

"It's fine, I've got to go." Draco said, Michael tried to grab his arm, but Draco was faster and started running back to his tent, before his father could notice he was gone.