Chapter 27

Madeline screamed. She stared at Harry's body as he got closer and closer to the ground. They were in the middle of the Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff quidditch match that Malfoy had forced the group to go to, to 'spy on the enemy,' as he calls it. Draco stared at the body, his face had an absent expression, as he watched Potter falling.

Then suddenly he started slowly down, until he landed on the field unconscious. A stretcher was brought out to the field, and he was placed on before being rolled back inside the castle.

"It-um-yes-okay Hufflepuff has won this match, apparently, even though are seeker looks dead-"

"Jordan!"

"Am I lying Professor?" He asked, Professor McGonagall didn't answer.

"According to the fact that Cedric Diggory had caught the snitch before Harry Potter." Lee said. The students started walking down from the stands, it was raining so heavily that they couldn't wait to go back inside and warm up.

"I'm freezing," Daphne said, water was dripping down from there robes, leaving little puddles behind them.

"This is all your fault, Draco." Daphne hissed,

"What? My fault?" Malfoy hissed, as Madeline looked towards the stairs, where the hospital wing was.

"Yes, who wanted to go see the stupid match?" She asked,

"So, you want to see Slytherin fail? Is that it?"

"No-"

"Oh no I understand, you're rotting for the Gryffindor's. How could you?" Draco smirked, Daphne rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest, shivering.

"You're so annoying." Draco chuckled, before he noticed Madeline tiptoeing her way closer to where the hospital wing was located.

"Where are you going?" He asked her,

"No where," she said, quickly, but Malfoy wasn't believing it.

"Oh please, you're going somewhere." Malfoy said, Madeline shook her head.

"You're going to see Potter, aren't you?" He asked, Madeline gaped at him, wondering how he could have known.

"Fine, I was. So what? Why do you care?" She asked, her shoulders shagging.

"I-no-I don't, um your just dripping wet so you might want to clean up before you go see your boyfriend." Draco spat, Daphne, Blaise, and Theo stood in the middle of them, there eye's darting between the two, huddling closer together to warm up. 

"He's not my boyfriend!" 

"Yeah sure, of course I believe you," he said, sarcastically. Madeline rolled her eyes, no longer in the mood to go visit Harry. 

"Fine, I'm just goanna go change, are you happy?" Draco didn't answer as he watched her march ahead of them.

---

Draco was always interested in fire, the beautiful blue color at the bottom that roared into a blazing orange, he could sit and watch it dance and crackle for hours, the only time he had though, was when he was in deep thought, just like tonight. But tonight's thoughts annoyed him, why was Madeline's face popping up every time he closed his eyes, every thought that entered his mind was somehow connected to her. It irritated him more than anything. He rubbed his forehead, before letting his hand hover over the fire, feeling the heat that radiated off of it.

There was soft footsteps coming from the girl's dormitory. He turned his head, seeing Ayer walking down the stairs, and out of the Slytherin common room.

Where is she going? 

He thought as he noticed her walking faster, obviously not wanting Filch to catch her.  He followed her up the stairs, before he realized that they were going to the hospital wing. Draco felt anger bubbling in his gut, as he watched her enter and walk up to Potter's bed.

Potter's eyes lit up once he saw her, he scooted over and empty space he had made. She crawled into bed. Draco could see them talking for a little before Potter leaned forward and kissed Madeline. The anger that was building in his stomach was now overflowing, his fist clenched at his sides, his eyebrows scrunched up in disbelief. Draco couldn't believe his eyes, he wanted to walk in and punch Potter in the face over and over again.

He turned around, unable to watch any longer before marching back downstairs, and to the Slytherin common room, ignoring the fire, and heading straight to bed. His mind filled with a beaten-up Potter.