Chapter 58

A week had passed, Madeline had tried everything to avoid Draco. She would walk into the library, and he would be sitting at her favorite table, with Pansy. She would go to the lake; he would be there with Pansy. She would go to breakfast earlier then everyone else and they would be there. Again and again, and she was growing tired of it.

"It's like he's stalking me but Pansy's with him." Madeline told Daphne as they walked to the quidditch stands. Theo had made them both promise to come watch him and Blaise try out for the Slytherin quidditch team.

"Well, I wouldn't put it past him, I guess. He's obsessed with you Madeline." Daphne said, Madeline rolled her eyes.

"Yes, so obviously obsessed but yet he went and got a new girlfriend." Madeline muttered; Daphne shook her head.

"But think about it, he hates Pansy. Have you seen them interact? He basically cringes every time she touches them."

"To be honest I try to avoid looking at them." Madeline muttered, crossing her arms over her chest as they made it to the field. Madeline couldn't help but remember the last time they were here, and Potter had come back with Cedric Diggory's dead body. She shook that thought out of her head once she spotted Blaise, Theo, and Draco walking towards the field to join the rest of the Slytherin's trying out.

"Don't look now but Pansy's right behind us." Daphne said, Madeline fought back a groan.

"GO DRACO!" Pansy shouted; Draco rubbed an exhausted hand over his face.

"She does realize you're not the one trying out, doesn't she?" Blaise asked,

"I honestly don't know." Draco muttered, as Adrain Pucey, the new Slytherin quidditch captain walked into the field.

"So, why am I even here, I just want to go study or sleep." Madeline said,

"We promised Theo, I'm sure it won't take too long, like an hour or two." Daphne said, Madeline nodded, trying to force her eyes not to wonder towards Draco, who was running around the field with the other players, wearing a tight black shirt, and grey sweatpants. 

This was goanna be a very long two hours. 

---

"Did you see me, Daphne? Did you see? I'm defiantly going to make the team. I'm the best fucking player that tried out, just watch." Theo said as the girls walked down from the bleachers.

"I'm sure you will, you were great, Theo!" Daphne said,

"You were good too, Blaise." Madeline said, looking over at Blaise. 

"Oh, I know. I'm sure I'll make the team." Blaise smirked, as Madeline could see from the corner of her eye Pansy marching up to Draco, she tried to pry her eyes away from them, as the boys headed towards the changing rooms.

"Come on," Daphne said, grabbing her arm.

"We need to go get ready for dinner. I want to get the smell of nature off of me." Daphne said, Madeline nodded, looking over her shoulder once more at the couple.

"Draco! You were so great! No one even bothered to play against you!" Parkinson said throwing her arms around Draco's neck. Draco grabbed her arms, prying them off his neck.

"I'm already on the team Parkinson. No one was here to play against me." Draco explained, 

"Oh, well then why am I here? I came to make sure no one was going to beat you. I want my boyfriend to be the seeker." Draco tilted his head back, signing. 

"I don't know, I told you that I didn't need you to come." Draco snapped; Parkinson rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, why don't you go get changed and meet me in the common room." Parkinson said, Draco nodded before she leaned up trying to kiss him on the cheek, Draco stepped back, successfully dodging it. She shook her head at him before walking back to the castle.

"Draco! Come on! Hit the showers!" Adrain shouted, Draco nodded, releasing his tense shoulders, before jogging towards the changing rooms. Blaise and Theo were already there taking towels out of there bags.

"I don't know when I'll ever get a fucking chance to talk to Madeline when Parkinson won't ever leave me alone." Draco signed, opening his locker.

"I've tried everything, even waking up earlier and going to go to breakfast earlier, and she still managed to find me." 

"She's clingy," Blaise said,

"You think I don't realize that?" Draco snapped; Blaise held his hands up in defense.

"Woah, don't bite my head off. I'm just stating what's obvious." Draco shook his head, pulling off his sweaty t-shirt.

"I know, I'm sorry." 

"Hey! You two are prefects together!" Theo said, Draco shrugged.

"So what?" Theo grabbed Draco by his shoulders, shaking him.

"So, what! Come on Draco! It's obvious! You and Madeline! Alone! This is your chance! Your chance to tell her!" 

"Oh, my merlin! You're right Theo!" Draco said, Theo nodded.

"I know I am! When's your turn for prefect's rounds?" Theo asked,

"In two days," 

"Well, that means you can tell Madeline in two days!"

"I can't believe we didn't think of this earlier," Draco said,

"We were to depressed to see, Daphne's goanna be so proud I came up with this, she's been trying to figure out a way to get you two together." Theo said, jumping on his heels.

"Hey! You three! Your goanna be late for lunch! Hurry up!" 

"Sorry, Adrian." Blaise shouted, before the three rushed to the showers. Draco's grin lingering on his face, as he finally realized a way to tell her.