Chapter 75

A/N- Mature themes ahead. 

Madeline woke up the next morning to several loud voices. Her curtain was drawn closed, but it didn't stop their voices from drifting towards her. She kicked the blanket off of herself, before pushing the curtains open. Potter, the Weasley's, Granger, Longbottom, and Lovegood all turned their heads looking at her. Professor Umbridge was still sleeping several beds over.

"What are you doing here?" Ron Weasley asked,

"Isn't it obvious, Weasley? I'm injured." Madeline said, pointing to the bandage wrapped around her head.

"When are you going to leave?" Granger asked, nervously looking her friends, she had a newspaper in her hands. 

"I'm doing well thanks for the concern, Granger." Madeline said, as Madam Pomfrey walked in.

"Ms. Ayer, you're awake. I was just about to come check you. Are you feeling any pain? Any headaches?" Madam Pomfrey asked, walking into the hospital wings, she held a tray of potions in her hands. She set it down at her desk, before walking over to Madeline. 

After several questions, and tests done, Madam Pomfrey unwrapped Madeline's bandages, and cleared Madeline.

"Did my friends come see me this morning?" Madeline asked, Madam Pomfrey nodded.

"We're not letting any visitors in this morning. I had to kick them out, but you're all ready to go, so you can leave, please come back if you have any pain." Madam Pomfrey pushed open the curtains, as Madeline got off the bed. She muttered goodbye to Madam Pomfrey before walking out of the hospital wing, she needed a long hot shower. She pushed open the door, seeing Draco, Daphne, Blaise, and Theo standing outside. 

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked, 

"We wanted to wait inside for you, but Madam Pomfrey kicked us out." Draco said, walking over to her, he cupped her face, examining her.

"Are you sure you're alright? I feel like Madam Pomfrey let you out to early. I think I should go back and tell her to keep you one day-" Madeline grabbed his wrist, locking her hand around it, shaking her head.

"No Draco, I'm okay. I feel good as new, I swear." He hesitated but nodded, kissing her forehead. Madeline raised her eyebrows, looking up at him, as they let each other go.

"Anyone could walk by, Pansy-"

"Is not important anymore. Draco made sure of it, last night." Thoe smirked, as the group started walking to the Slytherin common room. Draco put his arm around Madeline.

"But what about your dad?" Madeline asked him. The group fell silent, Blaise took out a newspaper from his pocket and handed it to her. She unrolled the newspaper, reading the front page.

HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED RETURNS

In a brief statement Friday night, Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge confirmed that He-Who-Must-Not-Be Named has returned to this country and is active once more. "It is with great regret that I must confirm that the wizard styling himself Lord — well, you know who I mean — is alive and among us again," said Fudge, looking tired and flustered as he addressed rep-

"I don't understand what this mean. Where is Mr. Malfoy?" Madeline asked, 

"It means, if you actually read the whole newspaper-" Blaise took the newspaper out of her hands. 

"That Mr. Malfoy is arrested." 

"What? Are you okay Draco?" Madeline asked, even though she knew Draco hated his father it couldn't have been easy for him to hear his father was thrown in jail. Draco smirked, shrugging.