Chapter 9 : Know Thyself

The rest of the day was quite uneventful. The students went off back to their homes. Izuku and Bakugo were waiting by the front gate for their friends. Soon their friends arrived. "Yo." said Izuku. "Hey." replied Jiro and Uraraka almost in unison. After making some small talk the four started walking together to their respective houses. Soon only Izuku and Bakugo were left. The others had gone into their homes. The two childhood friends started to walk. Soon they parted ways and went on their ways.

On reaching his house, Izuku, went to the kitchen where his mother was. Inko Midoriya was a sweet lady and a caring mother. The moment she saw Izuku she got a huge smile on her face. She didn't even ask what he wanted to eat. She didnt need to. She was his mother, she knew what he wanted.

After they ate Izuku went up to his room and started to meditate. He felt something inside himself growing, bubbling, waiting to explode. He started exploring what it was and slowly but surely he started figuring it out. His power was evolving. It was about to reach the final stage. He created a battier around himself by bending the space. He couldn't control space or manipulate it on a large scale but he could do it in a small area around himself.

With a sudden push he poured out all the excess power rushing through his body into his quirk. If not for the barrier he probably would have levelled everything in a 500 meter radius of himself. The evolution of a quirk is a mysterious thing. Most people don't understand why or how it happens. But one thing is for certain when it happens it males the user much more powerful. The sudden evolution of his quirk caused Izuku to pass out.

When izuku regained consciousness it was morning. He got up and disabled the barrier and started to feel for the changes in his quirk. He figured while there were no changes in his quirk. Something about him had indeed changed. It was as though whatever had been holding him back had disappeared. He smiled and got ready for the next day of school.