Chapter 34 : The Illusion of Choice

"Choice. A fundamental part of humanity. Due to it, we believe we can choose what is good for us and what is not. Due to it we find ourselves unable to decide what to do when confronted with options. However... do we really have a choice or is it just an illusion?" asked a masked man. "This is a question I asked myself 3 years earlier... and I realized... there is no, no, real answer to this."

The masked man wore a typical tuxedo and gloves. He was sat on a chair in front of a few people. At first glance they seem like normal people. But upon looking closely you realize they are not normal people. They are all Heroes. 

The man continued, "You see I'm not like 70% of the population. I was not of the fortunate few born with powers. Do you know even if you are born with powers you may not necessarily be accepted by others. Even if one is fortunate to be born with a quirk, people discriminate amongst them on the basis of whose power is stronger, whose power is Hero-like and whose power is Villainous. What a bunch of B*llsh*t... In this world all that matters is Strength. Strength decides who lives, who dies, who prospers and who disappears. It's as though we've regressed over time, as though we gradually lost an idea of who we were... " the man paused for a good few seconds.

The man looked up, "People will want to know my name, but I cannot inform them of it now can I? So how about you call me... Vengeance. And today I will enact the final verdict, my vendetta, against this society which made me who I am. I want nothing that would profit me. I am neither a hero, a villain or a vigilante. All I want is to watch the world burn. Just as it had done to me." the man stops speaking as his voice begins to crack. 

He takes a deep breath, "So let's play a little game. You have until.." he looks at his watch, "12 tomorrow. That gives you 24 hours. At 12 noon tomorrow one of these heroes, a pillar of this admittedly crooked society, will lose his or her life. I hope you you will find them or else... well in the end they are still human. If exposed to 10 tones of TNT even their bodies would... disappear. So i bid you adieu and the best of luck."

Izuku Midoriya, who had been in a coma for the last 15 days. He had finally regained his conscience.