chapter 5

Arjun reached India. Govind Rajan is  one who received him from the airport. Though Arjun insisted him not to trouble himself , Govind was adamant to receive him. He was very fond of Arjun . Arjun is smart and intelligent. He admired these qualities in him. He earned well in the states. If all these positive attributes are properly channeled, they could do wonders in business. He thought his sleep could wait a little longer so that he didn't mind troubling himself by coming to the airport all alone at night. But by the time the flight landed in Hyderabad, it's already 12:30 am. 

Arjun: Good morning, uncle.. How are you? 

He took his blessings as Govind is a father figure for Arjun. 

Govind: Good morning, kanna. God bless you. I'm so happy to see you after a very long time. You have grown up. Come, come, let's go. It's already very late. 

By moving further and getting settled in the car, Govind continued the conversation. 

Govind: By the way, for how long are you planning your stay. What are you planning to do. Any changes. Do you some specific thoughts regarding the business which you started earlier. Do you want to continue it. What about marriage. Are you seeing anyone?anyone. 

He was in his flow,  not giving Arjun a chance to speak. After he finished his questionnaire, Arjun finally spoke. 

Arjun: uncle .. Please stay calm. See, I just landed now, and I am planning to stay here. I want to surprise you people. So I didn't reveal it to anyone. Not even to Lakshya. I want to stay back, and I made up my mind. I will take up the company charges and am planning to continue our business. But in every step, I need your assistance and guidance. Correct me whenever I make a hasty decision. Yours will be the final call. 

Govind was overwhelmed with the feeling of happiness for the respect he was receiving from Arjun. He knew that Arjun treated him well, but he never thought that Arjun would give him a father's place in his life. He was happy for the trust that Arjun had on him. His patience for waiting all these years to earn this trust from him made his day. Now, he was more determined to stay with Arjun throughout his life. He had his reasons to stay by the side of Arjun for all these years. He was planning something and wanted Arjun to accomplish it . Only God knows what he was planning or to be more specific on whom. After a long pause, he spoke

Govind: I am so happy that you are staying back. I am always there for you. But, sometimes you have to make decisions where I shouldn't intervene, remember Arjun, what about your marriage. I know I am sounding curious. I just want to know. Your grandmother is getting old, and neither am I. We want either you and Vrinda to get married first. I'm searching for a prospective groom for Vrinda, but she is not showing any kind of willingness to the proposals. At least you think of your grandmother , who is yearning for their grandchildren's marriage. She wants you people to get settled in life. 

Arjun: No, uncle. I am not seeing anyone, and I am not getting married so soon. It can wait . 

This came out as a rude reply from him. Here, he thinks of Vrinda as his only woman in life, but Govind is in a hunt for a prospective groom for Vrinda. He felt hurt when Govind didn't consider him as a best choice for her. He loved Vrinda all his life, and his love for her stays the same. He doesn't know how to confess his feelings. What he feared the most was how would Vrinda take his confession and the thought of Vrinda having feelings for someone made him freak out for a second. He just prayed to God that Vrinda should not have someone in her heart. 

They stayed silent for a while until they reached home. 

Their house is a big bungalow with 7 bedrooms and a big kitchen with a lively living room and a devine pooja room. A study room is adjacent to the living room. One of the bedrooms is in the corner of the living room. They have a store room for groceries in the kitchen itself. The main attraction of this house is the painting of sri rama pattabhishekam and a wooden jhula at the center of the living room. They used to have their stories time and dinner on this jhula when they were kids.

A small smile was formed on Arjun 's lips, refreshing all those memories. 

There was a small outhouse in their compound. Vrinda lives in that outhouse. 

On the other side, Vrinda reached home very late due to her new assignments. She was tired and was lazy to cook anything for dinner. So, she just reheated the khichdi, which she made for her lunch. After her dinner, she went back to sleep. In the middle of the night, she woke by the sounds of car honking. She peeped through her window for a better view. She saw Govind getting out of the car and someone who was very tall. She couldn't clearly discern the features of the person as it's dark outside, but her heart knew it's her bava. She was happy that he arrived. In Fact she was eagerly waiting for him to come back. She wanted to greet him. Ask him how he was doing. She wanted to ask him regarding his stay in states. She had many questions for him . Her heart is hankering to have a glimpse of him but she suppressed that thought because her mind cautioned her to stay away from him. Listening to her mind she went back to sleep closings the curtains of the window and her heart.

Vrinda is grateful to Arjun and Lakshya. They let her stay in an outhouse  which became her home now. She doesn't want to worry her grandmother and Lakshya regarding her safety by staying elsewhere. Little did she know who allowed her to stay there and what is written in her destiny. 

By the time she woke up it's already 6:00 in the morning. After having shower and pooja, she got ready to office but she sensed that she might be having a fever. When she checked the temperature it's 102 F. She knew that she couldn't concentrate on her work with fever and thought of taking a day off. But she suddenly realized that Arjun came back home and there is a possibility for her to meet him. She was in a mission of avoiding him. She took some paracetamol for her fever and started to office. 

But when Ravi asked to join her to the client location, she requested him for a replacement in her place. Her fever and body aches is not helping her. So she suggested Keerthi as his assistant. She ended her work early and reached home.

Thank you. 

Stay safe and healthy. 

Bye. Take care Friends. 

Do comment and vote if you like my story if you feel it's worthy.