Chapter- 36.

Author's  Pov:

Arjun  tried to calm Vrinda.  He didn't  try to ask her what she was worried  about.  He made her sit on the chair  and  handed her a glass of water.  She gulped  it down quickly  and  stayed calm for some time. 

Arjun:

" Are you alright?"

Vrinda :

 " Ya. Thank  you. "

Arjun:

" Vrinda,  never remove this chain from your neck under any circumstances.  Let this chain be with you all the time.  You believe  in your God, right. So he would  protect  you  from every  danger. "

Vrinda  just said a thank you to him but didn't  pay any attention  to  his words. That was the gift from her husband  and  it was the best gift which she had ever  received  so far. She would cherish  it  throughout her life. But what Arjun  said  to her had an inner meaning. 

It was true that Arjun  was never interested  in  designing jewelry.  But for the first  time  in his life, he designed the chain with a pendant.  The pendant  can't  be detached from the chain.  The best part is that the pendant  has a hidden  camera attached  to  it, and he soldered it very carefully. Thanks to  his uncle, who advised  him to monitor  Vrinda 's moments  carefully. 

When she tried wearing  the  chain, Arjun  helped her and fixed the tracker to the chain. He did it quickly  without  the  notice of Vrinda. They were seated in their respective  chairs.

Arjun  pushed another document  towards Vrinda. He expected  her to open and read it because  those were the divorce  agreements.  While pushing  them towards  Vrinda  he mentioned  that those papers were the separation agreement.

Arjun:

 " Vrinda,  my last gift on your birthday.  The divorce  agreement  which you asked for. You can go through  the  papers and let me know if any clauses are to be added. "

But to his surprise,  Vrinda didn't  open  those papers.  She kept them aside. She started looking at her palm without  replying to anything. Arjun  felt strange seeing her behavior. It's she who initiated  the  proposal, and now, when she got what she wanted, she was behaving  as if she was not bothered about  those papers.  He couldn't control  his curiosity,  so he asked her directly. 

Arjun: 

  " Won't  you  see what is in those papers.  Don't  you  want  you to know  about the alimony  I am giving  you after our divorce? "

Vrinda:

  " No. I don't need any alimony.  I have a job for my livelihood, and we are about to start the jewelry  business.  So, I will be getting  paid for my hard work. I trust you. "

Arjun:

 " I don't know  whether I should  laugh  or  cry. You trust me with those papers  but you don't trust the promises  which I made in front of God and the whole village when I married  you. "

Vrinda  had no answer to his question.  She stayed silent.  Arjun  didn't  continue  the conversation  further.  They made their  way  home. 

Both of them were restless throughout the night. They don't know why destiny  is  planning  a wicked game with their lives. 

The next day, Vrinda  took a day off in her office.  She called the person  who was behind  all her sorrow. He asked  her to meet him in person  at the place where she saw him for the first time. What she was not aware  of  is that Arjun  is busy tracking her call. She started  to her destination.  When she saw the person,  she asked him the question  which  had been  bothering  her  for so long.