Chapter - 11

Vrinda's Pov:

"Thank God,  I had my medicine yesterday  after my dinner.  I am feeling  much better  now. But what is the time  now? Oh ! No, it's quarters to 7. Now I have to get ready quickly and  help Grandma.  She  must  be  scolding  me for  being a lazy  person. "

She got ready and went to the kitchen.  She saw Arjun  having  his coffee.  He gave  her  a nod as an acknowledgment and made a  way   to his room.  

Vrinda: "Good  morning  Grandma.  How are you?. What are you doing  this early  in the morning?. let me help  you. " 

Grandma: " Morning . You need not help  me. I can do my work. I am not that old to depend on others. Here, have this turmeric  milk first. "

Vrinda  got hurt listening  to  her taunts. She wants to know why everyone  hates her so much.  She wants to get this issue  resolved. So she asked her Grandma  directly.  

Vrinda: "Grandma, you hate me so much. Don't  you?"

Grandma: " Chi, pichi  pilla(mad girl). Where did you get this thought from?. How can I hate you? You kids are the only memories  left for me in this life. Don't  even let stupid  thoughts get into your brain. Chi, stop crying ra thalli. You are my lovely granddaughter. But I  was angry  with you. You never came to see this old Grandma  at least for  once after your parents  death. Why?. Don't you like to see me? And  this is how you take care of yourself.  Look at yourself. How weak you are looking.  Now, tell me, how is your fever?"

Vrinda: "No, Grandma,  I want to come here and spend some time  with you. But I was afraid that  even you would hate me. So I restricted  myself  . I love you so much. Now come , I want a hug from you. "

They embraced  each  other  and Grandma  comforted Vrinda  with her soothing  words. 

Grandma: " Now tell me. How are you  feeling  ? Shall  we  go to the hospital? ".

Vrinda: "No  Grandma.  That's  not necessary.  I had my medicine  yesterday.  I'm absolutely  fine . What  do you want  me  to  do now? I'll help  you."

Grandma: " You make the batter of this soaked moong dal and chop the  coconut for chutney. Before  you start anything, have your turmeric  milk  first. In the meantime, I 'll make  upma and ginger  chutney. " 

After having turmeric  milk, Vrinda  prepared  the batter for the dosa and also the coconut  chutney.  She helped  her Grandma  with the upma and  ginger  chutney.  After preparing breakfast,  they arranged the dining table.

They called Arjun  for breakfast, and   Vrinda  asked her Grandma  to  sit with him so that she could  serve them. After they had their breakfast, Vrinda  had her's.  She asked her Grandma  to  rest for a while. She resumed  the  work  of managing  the servants. 

At around 10:30  when Vrinda  was  making some juice  for herself,  Grandma and Arjun,  Grandma  came back  to  the kitchen to start preparing  for  lunch.  Vrinda  gave her the juice while  she  had  her share. She made her way to Arjun 's room and knocked  it. The door was opened  and  Vrinda gestured  him towards the juice. He had his juice, and while giving  the glass back, he said.

Arjun: " Are you ok now?. If yes, I have something to tell."

Vrinda: " I'm fine now. Yes, tell me what it is?".

Arjun: " Get ready early  tomorrow.  We are going  somewhere.  By the way, do you have your identity  proofs with you? I think your 10th certificate  is  with Grandma . I need  it along with the other proofs. " 

Vrinda: " Why do you need all those  and where are we going?."

Arjun: " Why do you ask me so many questions?  Do what  I say. Quit  irritating me. Will you?. "

Vrinda: " Stop  shouting  at me. I'll get you all the documents  you require . Do whatever  you  want with them. "

Saying  this  she went back to the kitchen  to  help her Grandma. 

Arjun(in his mind) : " You have a voice,  my little  rabbit."

When she reached the kitchen,  her Grandma  was nowhere seen. As it's nearing 11, she thought  of  preparing  lunch.  She started  chopping  the vegetables  for sambar.  She made dal, brinjal  curry,  sambar, and madras cucumber chutney.  By the time she was done  preparing  the  lunch  it's around 12:15. In the meantime, she prepared rice . 

After completing  the  kitchen  work, she spent  some time watching TV. 

Grandma's  (Savitri Amma) Pov:

I want to have a word  with  Govind  Rajan.  I want to know why Arjun  came to India  suddenly.  I know he is hiding  something  from me. So  I came to my room and called  Govind.  The new information  which I received astonished  me. Vrinda  was kidnaped 3 months back, so Arjun  settled  all his work  in the  US to take care of Vrinda and Lakshya.  He  was planning  to  restart  our  business. He worked very hard to arrange  the financial resources.  I was kept in the dark  when my children  underwent so much trouble.  What sort  of  Grandma  am I , when I'm helpless  to them. I  felt ashamed  of myself.  Now I'm really worried  about Vrinda.  How  can we protect  her?. If I can get her married , then her husband  will  take care of her. But Madhav (her father)  wanted Vrinda  to  get  married  to Arjun, and  we wished for the same.  

Madhav was a wise man.  He always  admired Arjun  and he adored him. He  wanted Arjun  and  Vrinda  to inherit his business.  He always thought Arjun was a prospective  husband   for  Vrinda.  He had so much trust in Arjun.  That's the reason  why I want   Arjun to rethink the jewelry  business.  

Actually,  Madhav  started  this jewelry  business  and my son Surya  joined him after a few years. They worked  very hard, and their hard work  paid them well. But all the days are not  ours. Due to that tragic  accident,  I am left alone with the kids . We lost everyone  and  everything  at the same time.  We are left with  a small  farm land and a house that belongs  to  my  daughter (Vrinda 's mom). He knew that his daughter 's happiness  was Arjun.  But what is bothering  me is how can I convince  my  children  into this marriage.  Oh God, please  show  me some way to solve  this  problem.  

Thank you.  

Bye. Take  care. 

Stay safe  and  healthy.  

Do comment  and  vote  for  my  story  if  you  feel  it's  worthy.