Chapter- 19.

Arjun 's Pov:

I hugged her more tightly and placed a gentle  kiss on top of her head. I let her cry her heart out. She needs to vent out her pain, which she has been carrying  as baggage  for all these years.  She needs support right now, and I will be her pillar.  I know how it feels when you are alone. I went through  the  same pain by losing  someone who is precious  to you.  We are on the same boat and we need each other. What Grandma said is true. We are destined  to be together in this life. I'll never  let go  of  her.  The rest of the night went in silence  and  we made our ways back to our rooms. 

The next day, we went to the temple  of our ancestral deities (kula deivam) for some pooja. We came back in  the evening  all tired. Grandma  is looking  weary  due to the journey and age. She took  rest, and Vrinda  made herself  busy with the dinner preparations.  

In the meantime,  I made some calls  to  my auditor  relating to  our properties.  I called Ravi for the collaboration  with our company.  

I am into construction  and  development, whereas Ravi is into architecture  and  interiors. If we collaborate  our business  it will be beneficial  for  both of us. He liked my idea  and  said that he would  arrange  the required  paperwork  for  the collaboration.  I need to start everything  as early  as  possible.  When I was engrossed  in  my work, I remembered  Vrinda's  jewelry  designs. She is multi-talented.  Her designs  are  unique  and  detailedly  crafted. If she starts her work designing  jewelry , she can top the industry.  I  wanted her to achieve  her  dream.  But I lack funds. I don't  want  to  take out a loan. I exhausted  my  resources, but no problem.  I have some more shares in the US.  I can use  them. I want Vrinda  to start working  on  her goal along with me. She will solely  run our jewelry  business.  I 'll make her restart it and get back its lost name and glory.  For that I have to go to the USA  again.  I booked  my flight  tickets  after two months. In the meanwhile  I'll  start my new  business  here and set it on a track. When I was busy with  work,Vrinda  came to my room as a surprise.  

Vrinda's Pov:

 I was very  happy  when bava  consoled me. I have him in my life.  He is  my family.  People  used to pity me and sympathize with me, calling me an orphan.  I hate their sympathy  and some of them tried to take advantage  of  me. They are of my father 's age, but they tried to take  advantage  of  helplessness.  I may be an introverted  kid, but I am not  naive and innocent.  I was taught   by my mother how to protect  myself  from  bad touch and good touch. Thanks to her, I fought  back against those monsters. I was bullied  in my childhood  calling me an orphan.  I was humiliated and taunted for my ill- fate. That's the reason  why I stay alone and isolated  from people.  I don't  involve  myself  in  any emotional  bonding with anyone.  I have only two friends in  my 24 years  of  life. One is Lakshya, and the other is Keerthi.  Even  at work, I don't  communicate  with  anyone  unless  it is required.  I stayed aloof as I didn't  want  anyone  to take advantage  of  my vulnerability.  But now, I have my bava with me. He will take care of me and protect me like  how my father  used to protect me in my childhood.  Remembering  my father  made me remember  my mother and our beautiful  family.  The happy memories and the joyful  days we spent  together.  But everything faded away. I can't stay in that bungalow with  bava. I feel scared, and those unforgettable incidents still traumatize me. I want to stay in my home(outhouse). I know it's too much to ask . But my mental  trauma  is not helping  me. So, I thought  of having  a  word with bava regarding  my decision.  So I went to his room and knocked on the door.

Vrinda: " Hmm…. I want  to  talk to you. "

Arjun(smriking): " Did  you  change  the  way of addressing  me after our marriage ?"

Vrinda: " No.. why did you ask me such a question? (looking innocently, not knowing  why he asked her like that).

Arjun: " What am I to you?".

Vrinda:" My …m…y…hu…s..b…a..nd. "

Arjun: " Why are shuttering  darling…" Are you shy to call me your husband? "

Author 's Pov:

Vrinda  widened her eyes by the way he addressed  her. She never thought  that  Arjun  would  tease her like this and show her his romantic  side. She is new to all this and started  feeling  nervous.  She went all red and started fidgeting  with her dupatta. 

Seeing her nervous  Arjun  chuckled  at her  and said

Arjun: " OK, first stop choking that dupatta and next jokes apart tell me do you want something." 

Vrinda: " No,  in fact, I want to ask you something."

Arjun  sighed with his eyes to let her continue.  

Vrinda: " mmm… bava…. That… can you..".

Arjun: " Vrinda.. I told you earlier  not to hesitate  to  ask  me  whatever  you  want.  Be open  to  me. Ask me what you wanted  to  ask. "

Vrinda: " Bava.. can you allow me to stay in the outhouse after we get back to Hyderabad. I also want  you to keep our marriage  to  be  a  secret. " 

Arjun was shocked hearing  her request. He started  having his own doubts, thinking  she was not trusting  him  and  was not happy  with  this marriage. She even  doubted that Vrinda might be having  someone  in her life.  He was not able to hold himself  so, he asked her directly. 

Arjun: " Vrinda, are you not happy  with  this marriage.  Did I hurt you in any way, or do you love someone.  If you are in love with someone, then I ll never be an obstruction  for your happiness.  I'll always be  there  for  you.  I 'll  support  you  in every decision  of yours. "

Though he said those words, he was dying inside. His heart is breaking  into pieces thinking  of the possibilities  of  Vrinda  having  feelings  for  someone  other than him. It is true that he loved Vrinda to  infinity. But his love is not an obsession, that he would  bind  Vrinda  to  his life. He would  let go of her if her happiness  was  not  with him. Her happiness  is  what  matters to him. He was in  his sorrow  when  Vrinda  broke  his bubble.  

Thank you. 

Bye . Take  care. 

Stay safe  and  healthy.  

Do comment  and  vote  for my story if you feel it worthy.