Chapter -29.

Author's  Pov:

     After reaching  home, Vrinda  happened  to  see  Lakshya.  She remembered  the  conversation  which  she had with the caller  earlier  in the morning.  She felt a bit relieved  that the caller was not involved  with  Lakshya 's incident. She was sure that Arjun  would not leave  this matter easily  and  would definitely  accelerate  the issue to the management  of the college. She had a small chit chat with Lakshya and went to her room to get freshened. 

In the evening,  she prepared  dinner for everyone . By the time Arjun  came back  from work, Vrinda  and Lakshya  waited for him in the living  room. 

After their dinner, Arjun  assembled  them in the living  room  and told them that he spoke to the college management regarding the  incident.  He said that he demanded a suspension  for  that guy who planned  all this. The management  accepted  his request  and  suspended that guy. Lakshya  felt a lift of burden  from  her shoulders. That guy was bothering  her  so much, which made her worried.  Now, she was happy after the conversation  with  her brother. 

Vrinda  slept with Lakshya  where Arjun  made his way to his room.

Arjun  and Vrinda  started staying in different  rooms. Though Lakshya  asked her to get back to her room, Vrinda  somehow convinced  her  and stayed back. Arjun  found it a bit strange  with her behavior.  He felt that Vrinda  was  trying to avoid  him. Even she was not willing  to have a proper conversation  with  him. 

It's been 15 days since  Arjun  and  Vrinda  had a heart to heart conversation.  They were busy with  their professional  lives, but Arjun  made sure that he tried to initiate the conversation with  Vrinda.  But Vrinda  excused  herself  for some reason.  Vrinda  avoided  going  to  their room. She spent  her  time  with  Lakshya  and  made herself  busy  with  the  household chores.  This irritated  Arjun.  He felt  that something  must be bothering  her, and she might feel hesitant  to  ask for his help. 

So, with Lakshya's  help, he planned  a dinner  date. He wants to spend  some alone time with his wife. In the evening, when Vrinda reached home,  out of habit, she went to room  to get freshened.  Arjun  hid himself  in the walk-in closet.  

When Vrinda reached out to take her clothes  from   the  closet,  Arjun  hugged  her  tightly. 
Vrinda  stayed still in his embrace.  She wanted  to  reciprocate the  hug and stay in his warm embrace  all her life. But, she remembered  about the divorce  agreement.  So, she tried to get out of the hug by wiggling herself.  Seeing her reluctance,  Arjun tightened his grip.  She got worried about  her  child, so she hissed in pain. Arjun  loosened his grip but didn't  let her go. Out of frustration  she spoke.

Vrinda:

   "Leave me, bava. I need to freshen up. I just came from the office. "

Arjun:

    " No, give me a kiss, then I' ll leave  you.  It's been days since we had our quality  time.  I am not letting  you  go  easily.  Nowadays you  are forgetting  your duties  as a wife. "

Vrinda:

   " When did I forget  my duties as a wife? I remember  doing all the household chores  before  going to the office. I am taking care of you and Lakshya. Then what sort of question  is  that? "

Arjun:

   " Doing the household  work is not your duty, Vrinda.  You are not a maid to this house. You are a queen. My queen. 

You are forgetting  your wifey  duties. You are not bothered about your husband.  So, I planned  a dinner date.  Get ready. I want to spend some time with you. 

Don't  know why, but I am feeling  as if you are going away from me."

Vrinda 's heart skipped  a beat when Arjun  confessed his feelings. She can clearly  see how worried  he was about her. She knew Arjun  loved her more  than  anything, though he didn't  say those words.  It was a silent  promise  of love. On the other  hand,  Vrinda  is avoiding  him wantedly.  Even though she loved him and wanted to spend  her life with him , she was thrown  into a situation  where  she had to get separated  from  him.

So,  she avoided  looking  into his eyes and spoke.

Vrinda:

  " Oh! Are we going out for dinner?. Then I'll ask Lakshya  to come early.  We three can go. Ok. "

Arjun:

  " Hey, wait. I want to spend some alone time with you. I don't  want  to  have a third wheel in between. "

Vrinda:

   " But  Lakshya  is  not a third wheel. She is your sister. Why can't she join us for  dinner? "

By this time, Arjun  was getting  frustrated  with  her  behavior.  He controlled  himself  by not lashing  out on her.  So, he spoke very patiently. 

Arjun:

   " Vrinda,  why are you not understanding  me? Are you trying  to  act as if you didn't  get my intention? Ok, fine, I'll ask you directly. I want to spend some alone time with you. Only you and me. Ok. Go, get ready  quickly. "

Vrinda:

  " Oh!. Is it?. Then let's go some other time. I am tired  now. Let me freshen up and start preparing  dinner. Tell me, what would you like to have for dinner?."

Arjun:

 " But, just now, you were ready to call Lakshya  to   accompany  us  for dinner. Now, what happened  to  you  suddenly? "

Vrinda: 

" That…that"..

Arjun:

   "Vrinda,  is something  bothering  you.  Are you worried about something?. Don't  hesitate  to  share your  problem  with  me. We can solve it together.  I am always  there  for  you, "

Vrinda  knew she couldn't act in front of Arjun  for a long time. She was very obvious  with her expression  and Arjun  could easily  catch her lies. So, she tried to move towards  the  bathroom  ignoring his existence. 

But Arjun was adamant about his decision.  He wanted to know what was bothering  her. So, he caught hold of her wrist and stopped her.

Vrinda:

   " Abba. Leave me, bava. I need  to  go"

Arjun:

" No. I'll not leave you unless  you  tell me what is bothering  you.  What is  with your strange  behavior?  Why are you avoiding  me?".

Vrinda:

  " Leave me. I am not keeping  well these days."

Arjun:

 "Oh! Are you among those days. Let's go to the doctor  if it's troubling you. "

Vrinda:

" No. No. I am not having  that problem.  I just have a  headache.  Nothing  much. I don't need a doctor. "

She was worried that if she visits a doctor now, Arjun  will know that she is pregnant  and  will not agree  to a divorce.  Even if she made him agree to it, he would claim his rights on the child, and she would be left alone. She doesn't  want  that to happen.  So, she tried  diverting  him with  some random reason.

Thank you. 

Bye. Take  care. 

Stay safe and  healthy. 

Do comment  and  vote  for  my  story if  you  feel  it  worthy.