Chapter - 20.

Vrinda's Pov:

What nonsense  is  he talking about?.  How can  I  leave him and go when he becomes  my savior?. He was blabbering  something, and  I stopped him. 

Vrinda: " Abba, stop it, bava. What are  you talking  about. ?. Are you out of your mind. Let me be honest  with  you. The day you tied this thali  in my neck that day, I decided  to  give us a chance.  I 'll never  break this marriage, and I can never leave you. ".

I don't  know  when I became  this bold, but I am happy  that  I confessed  something  that came to my mind without shuttering.  He was first shocked, but when I shook him , he gave a bright smile  and hugged me . It was not like the earlier  one, which we shared yesterday.  He hugged me as I was in his possession . He wasn't  even  letting  me breathe  properly.  His hold was so tight as if someone  was snatching  something  precious  from him.  He was literally  crushing my bones with his hug. I started to wiggle from his hold, but it was next to impossible.  

As if God  heard  my  pleas,  Grandma  came to the room at the same time. 

Grandma: "Oh! God .. you  naughty people.  Don't you know how to behave? You are in the varanda. Have some decency.  You have rooms right, and there is time for everything, and Arjun  tries to control  yourself. Vrinda  go to your room now. "

Arjun: " Oh!. Grandma.  It's   not what you think . I am just  hugging  her. Vrinda  help me na".

Grandma: "What, Vrinda.  I know what you are up to. Poor girl. You are crushing  her bones. She can't handle  you. Let her go.".

Vrinda  chuckled  at  his expression  and made her way to the room with  her  Grandma.  

Arjun  just stared at her retreating  figure and was in his thoughts. .." If Vrinda  can't  handle  a mere hug,  then how will she be able to handle  me when I make love to her?".  He blushed at the thought  and remembered  the conversation  which he had with Vrinda.  He can feel the genuinity  in her word,  and he felt peaceful  that Vrinda  would never leave him. But one question  bothered  him. He wanted to know the reason  why  Vrinda  wanted to keep their  marriage  a secret.  

He went back to his room to have his sleep. 

The early morning,  Vrinda  got ready early  to help her Grandma  with breakfast. They prepared  Dosa with peanut chutney and idlis.  Grandma  made her special  gunpowder (karra powder)  for breakfast. Meanwhile  they had their coffee.  They had a small chit chat,  and Arjun  made his way to the kitchen.  He had his coffee and asked  Vrinda  to  serve  him breakfast  as he was feeling  hungry.  

So, she served him and was about to go when he caught  hold of her wrist  and  made her sit beside  him.  He wanted  to  have his breakfast  with  her,  but Vrinda  didn't want her Grandma  to  be left alone. She called her Grandma  and  all the three had their  breakfast.  Grandma  and Vrinda  resumed their work in the kitchen  while  Arjun  went back to his room. He made a call to Govind  and spoke to him for some time. 

In the afternoon,  when Grandma  was resting  after her lunch, Arjun  made his way to Vrinda's room. He wanted to talk to her but decided  to  wait until  her Grandma  was asleep.  

Arjun: " You want to stay in the  outhouse  and  want our marriage  to remain a secret.  May I know the reason, Vrinda. ". 

Vrinda: " Bava  ,  it's nothing  important  to  discuss.  I want to stay  there, that's it. ".

Arjun: " Vrinda  I 'll respect your privacy  but don't you feel it is fair  on my part to know the reason  why  you want to stay separately. 
We are married  for God sake dammit".

Vrinda  flinched at his tone. She gulped  in nervousness but decided  to  say what was bothering  her. 

Vrinda: " Bava,  I was never comfortable  in  that bungalow.  I don't want  you to face any trouble  or danger  and I don't want to be  the  reason  for  any misfortunes. ".

Arjun: " Why do you think that something might happen  to  me? What misfortune  will happen  to  me if we stay together? ".

Vrinda  : " I am an unlucky  person.  My bad luck should  not affect you or Lakshya.  Because  of me,  we lost our parents.  I can't lose you , Lakshya  or grandma  now. Please  understand  bava. I don't want my ill fate  to  affect  you  people. ".

Arjun: " What nonsense  is  this Vrinda.  Who will believe   in all these? Who said you are the reason for our parents  death?. I want you to stay with us. If the place is a problem with you,  we all can shift to some other place . "

Vrinda: " Please  bava. Don't force  me to stay with you . I made up my mind.  I am  staying in the outhouse and that's final. "

Arjun: " ok, for how long do you want our marriage  to  remain  a secret? And why do you want to hide it.  Are you being threatened  by someone?"

Vrinda: "No,  why do you ask such questions?".

Arjun: " Then what is the reason Vrinda,  I know that you  are hiding   something  big from  me. I know you were kidnaped  and that was the reason   why I came to India  all of a sudden.  I am worried  about  you  and  I can't take any risk concerning your safety. Even Grandma  knows  about your kidnaped.  That was the reason  why  she hurried  our marriage.  I thought  her reason  was valid  and  agreed  with her plan. Do you want to tell me something  about  the  kidnap? ".

Vrinda: " I am sorry to make you people  worried  about  me. But bava, I can't tell you about the person  who is behind  my kidnapping because i dont remember him properly.  I want  you  to  please  give me some time. Trust me, I 'll not let him escape  from  you  after I get all the required  evidence behind  the  plot."

Arjun: " Vrinda,  I told you earlier  that  I want your trust. I know that I have to earn it but please  believe  in me. I don't want you to get into trouble  again.  "

 Vrinda: " I have trust  in  you  bava.  But I need time and situation  are not in my favor  bava"

Arjun: "Vrinda, trust is the basic factor  for  any relationship.  I dont know why you are not having a little  trust in me .   I hope one day I will gain your trust ."

Vrinda: " Bava, I'm hiding something  from  you  not because  of  my trust issue.  Sometimes, relations play their role in our life. But  I believe  in you that you will not leave the person.

Arjun: " Remember  one thing, Vrinda,  nothing  is  more  important  to  me  than  you and your safety."

Saying  this,  he went back to his room, not understanding  why Vrinda  was not trusting  him.  On the other  hand  Vrinda  was hesitant to reveal  the  identity  of  the  person  who was behind  her kidnaped because  she doesn't  know  whether  her bava will believe  her or not.

Thank you. 

Bye . Take  care. 

Stay safe  and  healthy.  

Do comment  and  vote  for  my story  if  you  feel  it  worthy.