Chapter -18.

Vrinda's Pov. 

Aaaa.. This man doesn't  know  how he is affecting me. My cheeks turned red and I could  only keep my eyes low by seeing his half-naked body. I can't be caught  by gawking  at  him openly. So I avoided looking at him while  speaking . When he asked me to sit beside  him,  I knew he wanted to make something  clear from his end. But, I could stay there for a second.  I can hear my heartbeat when he is so close  to me. I can feel butterflies  in my stomach.  So, I literally  ran away  from  his room. I can hear his shouting  but I didn't  wait. I know he must be cursing  me in his mind for not giving him a chance to speak, but I have my own reasons for staying  away from  him.  Even I wanted to clear our differences, but  at that time, I did what came to my mind. 

When Grandma  scolded him for his appearance,  I enjoyed it a lot. I did a happy dance in my mind. I controlled  my laugh as I didn't  want  to embarrass him more. When he came back in his tracks  and  t-shirt. I started  serving  food for Grandma , village  heads, and bava. Satya, our housemaid's daughter, was helping  me  with  the  dishes.  The village  heads  and the sarpanch came to talk about lands and the success of religious  congregations (jatara). Everyone  was so happy with how our marriage  took place. I can feel  bava's eyes on me. But I didn't  dare to look at him. When I was about to serve him, satya beat me by serving  with extra rice and dishes.  She kept staring  all the time while serving  him and feeling shy. She is hardly  17 years old and is openly flirting with him. I know that my bava is handsome, and  no one can resist  his charm, but I don't  want  others ogling  at him. I want to wipe off the smirk  on her face and bang her head to the wall. So, I did what came to my mind

Vrinda:" Satya, I kept the sweets in the tray but forgot  to  bring them. I left it in the kitchen.  You go and bring  them. "

Satya:" But akka, I'm serving Arjun  sir, after I'm done attending  him, I get the sweets."

Vrinda:" I'll serve him. You go and get the sweets from the kitchen. "

Satya: "But..

Arjun: " Let her serve me, Satya. You do what you are told to do. "

I felt happy when bava supported me. I looked at him. He was already staring at me. He completed his dinner  and went to wash his hands. He called for a hand towel. When I went to give his hand towel, he whispered  in my ears, making me open my mouth wide open

Arjun: " oho Vrinda,  possessive  much. It's been just  24 hours since we got married, and your eyes were dripping with jealousy . I like it. "

I averted  my gaze to the ground  as I couldn't  see his eyes because  he had a teasing  smirk on his face. Am I so obvious in my expression  that he caught me so easily?  I want the earth  to  open up so I can escape  in that hole. I escaped to the kitchen  as I couldn't  stand his teasing  glances.  After Grandma  and village heads completed  the  dinner, myself  and  Satya had ours. Then we cleared the table. I had a warm  glass of milk and made my way to my room.

Arjun's  Pov:

I enjoyed her possessive  nature. It made me happy  and  content.  Now, it's clear to me that she had some feelings  for  me. Maybe it is after we got married  or she had feelings  for me from the  start.  Jealousy  is the jewel  chest of a woman.  You feel jealous  when you own that person  and  it is justified.  But, I want to talk to her. So, I made my way to her room. I knocked  on her room. 

Arjun: " Did you have your dinner?" 

Vrinda: "Yes.  Why?".

Arjun: " Can we talk? Are you sleepy?".

Vrinda: " No. I am not sleepy. By the way, what do you  want to talk about ?"

Arjun:" Not here, Vrinda.  Can we talk in the varanda? It's  pleasant  there."

Vrinda: "OK.  Let's go. "

Arjun:" First of all  don't be so formal  around me, Vrinda.  Make yourself  comfortable  with  me. We are married  now, and we should be comfortable  with  each other right, so. "

Vrinda  is looking  straight  into  my eyes, which  is giving a different  feel. It was as if she was looking into my soul. I just broke our eye contact by  looking  at the ground.  I started  speaking  again.

Arjun: " Vrinda,  I am sorry for not considering  your decision  in our marriage.  I was afraid  that  you may deny  the marriage. So  I did what  I felt  was right. "

Vrinda: " So, you tied this thali in my neck without  knowing  about my feelings."

Her confession shocked me. I thought  that she also liked me and took our relationship  to  marriage.  If she had no feelings  for  me, then I made a grave mistake.  I can't  forgive  myself  for spoiling the life of Vrinda.  So, I asked her the question  which was bothering  me.

Arjun: " Are you still angry  with me , Vrinda?  Do you  hate me so much?".

Vrinda: "No bava. I don't  hate you, but I was angry  at you earlier. "

This made me relax. So I asked her the next question 

Arjun: " Vrinda,  can you give me a chance in this marriage?  I 'll  stay by your side to take care of you. I 'll support  you in every walk of life. Will you trust me?"

Vrinda: " I trust you more than myself  bava. I know that  you will take care of me. "

Arjun: " Vrinda,  what is wrong with you. Did something  happen to you  in my absence ?"

She gave me a confused look as if not understanding  my question.  She shook her head as No.

 So, I resisted  myself  from compelling  her to speak  more about her past. 

Arjun: " Vrinda,  we are married  now  and  not strangers  anymore. I'm your husband  and I wish to know  anything  that bothers  you.  I want to be the first person you would rely on  when you are in some kind of trouble. Don't hesitate  to ask me. I am there for you. " 

Vrinda's Pov:

Those words brought  tears to my eyes.  The tears of happiness.  Now, I am sure that my bava doesn't  hate me. He cares for me. He is genuinely  worried  about  me. Now I have my support.  I am not an orphan  anymore.  I have my family.  Grandma  and  Arjun  bava are my pillars. As Grandma  said,  God does  everything  for a cause. I don't  know  why  bava took the decision  to  get  married in a hurry, but I am thankful  to  God for sending  him into my life. 

I felt relieved  and content when bava said that he would be there for me in my tough times. That's  what I lack in my life. I can't  rely on  someone  when I am in a difficult  situation.  I can't bother either Lakshya  or can I ask Grandma.  I had  no shoulder to cry out my pain or a helping  hand to pull me out of the trouble.  I don't know  what  came to my  mind. I engulfed  bava in a tight hug and cried  my heart out.

Thank you

Bye . Take  care.  

Stay safe and healthy.  

Do comment  and  vote  for  my  story  if  you  feel  it  worthy.