Chapter-34.

Author's  Pov:

   Arjun  and Vrinda  made  themselves  busy in  their  professional lives.  One day, Lakshya  and Vrinda  made an appointment with  their gynecologist. When they got to know that everything  was fine with the baby, they felt  relaxed. The doctor prescribed  Vrinda some vitamin  supplements  and a diet  chart. 

After coming  out from the clinic,  Lakshya  advised Vrinda  to engage  herself in  some activities  like meditation  or  other.  She observed  that  Vrinda  was  worried  about  Arjun's decision. Stress and taking tension  during  pregnancy  are  not advisable.  She needs to keep a check on her emotions. 

Vrinda  felt  Lakshya's suggestion a useful  one. So, she started practicing  her music. She started  taking some online classes for kids. She was blessed with a beautiful  voice  and everyone appreciated  her talent since  childhood.  She found  it very helpful  because  she  forgot  her worries  and tension  in music.  

Yes, music  is  melody  and it's a therapy that calms our mind.

One day, Arjun came home early.  He wanted  to  have a word with Vrinda.  It's been a month  since Vrinda  proposed  for a divorce, and they were not on talking terms from then. They avoided  crossing  their  paths with each other in their own house. Both were fighting  with their inner  demon  of insecurities.  

Vrinda, out of fear that she may anger her husband  with her presence, whereas Arjun  feared that  she  would bring the topic of divorce  for discussion  if he initiated  a conversation.  

But escape  is never a solution to a problem.  Arjun  knew  it  and he decided  to convince  Vrinda  for one last time. If Vrinda  insisted  on a divorce, then he would grant her wish. 

He didn't want to discuss  it in their house, so he planned  a date with  Vrinda. 

When Vrinda reached  home,she was surprised  to see Arjun. He handed her a beautiful  red saree and asked her to wear it. She was shocked by his sudden  change in behavior but did what she was asked to do. 

She made up her mind not to hurt him further  with her stubbornness.  Arjun asked her out for dinner, and she agreed  to it readily. They went to their favorite  restaurant, and Arjun  ordered  the dishes  that Vrinda  preferred every time. 

Arjun  has very little  tolerance  towards  spicy  food, but Vrinda  likes spicy food. To Arjun 's surprise, Vrinda  changed the order to less spicy and less oily food. When he asked her the reason, she said that she was having gastroenteritis and  having   spicy food would worsen her problem.  But the truth  is  she is getting  nauseous with spicy stuff  and  the blad food that Arjun  generally  prefers  is  what she is comfortable  with.  Maybe  the kid in her stomach  has a liking  towards   his/her father's preferences. When they were surrounded  by  a peaceful  silence  for some time, Arjun  initiated  the conversation 

Arjun:

  " So. How are you? How about work?".

Vrinda:

  " I am good. You?".

Arjun:

  " Like this."

Arjun  lost a lot of weight. He was looking dull, and tiredness was visible  on his face. He didn't  have  a proper  sleep  all these days, and Vrinda's  strange  behavior  was making  him more  restless. Even Vrinda  noticed  that  but she knew she couldn't  change  her decision.

Arjun :

 " You know what, Vrinda,  we are husband  and wife living under the same roof, but now we are talking like strangers. Don't  you  think  it's  absurd?".

Vrinda didn't counter  back. She stayed calm  because  what Arjun  said is true. Seeing her stay silent, Arjun  continued. 

Arjun:

  " Vrinda,  let's  forget  everything  and  start fresh. I promise  you  that  I'll make sure to stay at my limits. I will  never  interfere  in your  matters and would never invade  your  personal  space. You are free to do whatever you wish to do. 

But please  let's not break this marriage.  Rethink ones again. "

Vrinda  was  silent  for a minute  and then continued, 

Vrinda:

 " Bava, I can't see you behaving  cautiously  around me. You  will  feel very uncomfortable.  You will think twice or thrice if we have any random  conversation  between  us. You feel like choking  your emotions.  Let's not do that. We can't live like that. It's better  if  we  separate  our paths and lead our individual lives peacefully. "

Arjun:

 " I can't stay peacefully  without  you.  In fact, I can't  live without  you, Bangaram.  Please stay back. "

Vrinda  had tears in her eyes  listening  to Arjun's  pleas. Her heart felt heavy and was choking.  She looked down to hide her tears and said,

Vrinda:

 " I already  made up  my mind, bava. Please don't try to compel me. "

By this  Arjun  was sure that  Vrinda  was  firm in her decision  and he would not be able to change her mind. She decided  to break the holy bond and move out of his life. 

Arjun  was on cloud  9 when he got married  to  Vrinda.  His happiness  had  no boundaries  because  he was married  to  the love of his life. He wished to have her by his side throughout his life and have a family  with her. When everything  was  going  perfect  just as he wished for, his dreams got shattered  with Vrinda's  only proposal.

Vrinda  never asked Arjun for anything. For the first time, she asked him something  which was eating his soul and breaking  his heart into pieces. With a heavy heart, Arjun  said

Arjun:

 " You win, Vrinda.  I thought I could convince  you. So, I tried  my luck for one last time  but  I lost it. Maybe I overestimated  myself.  I was feeling as if my heart was squeezed  out from my body and was crushed into a million pieces.  I was at a loss of  words to express  my pain to you, Vrinda.  I don't know how to make you understand  my grief. "

When Arjun  was  saying  these words to Vrinda,  he had tears in his eyes. When they were about to slip out, he excused  himself  to  the  restroom.  Vrinda  cried  hysterically.  She made him cry, and  he begged her to stay back with him. His love towards  her is unconditional  and  incomparable. His love is genuine  and  it is visible  in his eyes. She hated  herself  for  placing  him in such a difficult  situation.  She was helpless, and she couldn't put Arjun's and Lakshya 's lives at stake. 

She sobbed  bitterly  for hurting  her love. After  some  time, Arjun  and Vrinda  composed their emotions. 

At the same time, the food they ordered was served  and they had it in silence. 

Arjun  observed that Vrinda hardly had her food. When he tried to serve her, she stopped  him, saying  that she was feeling  stuffed. Arjun  frowned at her. He was worried  seeing  her having a loss of appetite.  He thought that Vrinda  was  seriously  suffering  from  some health  problem, and being her husband  he didn't  take proper care of her. He felt  guilty  for  his negligence.  

He thought  of  ordering  her a dessert  so that the sweetness  could  enhance  her taste buds. He ordered hot chocolate  brownie  with ice cream, which was her favorite.  When she heard him ordering  her favorite  dessert,  her face lit up like a Christmas  tree.  

Thank you. 

Bye. Take care.

Stay safe and healthy. 

Do vote and comment  for my story  if  you  feel  it  worthy.